Hellsing - Christian or Not?

Asur

Feb 27, 2004
✟145.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Aburame said:
Shinji was the most realistic character though. Thats why it was so good.

Just in case SPOLIERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think hes realistic at all. The women (whats her name?) dies trying to get him to the EVA and then he just sits outside waiting, doing absolutely nothing while Asuke(sp?) is getting killed. I think any normal human would have gotten or at least tried to get into the EVA and help her.

Upvote 0

Qyöt27

AMV Editor At Large
Apr 2, 2004
St. Petersburg, Florida
✟81,859.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Asur said:
Just in case SPOLIERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think hes realistic at all. The women (whats her name?) dies trying to get him to the EVA and then he just sits outside waiting, doing absolutely nothing while Asuke(sp?) is getting killed. I think any normal human would have gotten or at least tried to get into the EVA and help her.

More Spoilers!!

Of course, by that time, Shinji's mind is already pretty messed up (not to mention how messed up it gets after the scene in the EVA hangar). And I doubt he actually knew Asuka was awake and fighting the other EVA units outside. The next thing you know, you just hear the voice on the intercom relaying Unit 02's destruction. I'm guessing that's all he heard, but then the movie goes so askew and she's alive again at the end. I don't really think that movie is supposed to make much sense unless you're a little crazy yourself, but it does leave a lot of things open for interpretation and leaves even more serious loose ends on the series than the ones that the movie was made to clear up (half of which I don't think even got cleared up anyway), thus paving the way for a couple of subsequent storylines to be made to clear it up, like the new Playstation 2 game that recently came out in Japan, that's supposed to finally put a rest to the questions about the series (but I doubt it will).

Upvote 0

ThePhoenix

Aug 12, 2003
✟5,476.00
Faith
Christian
Hitokiri Shadow said:
Shinji was pathetic, but I didn't hate him until the End of Eva movie (specifically, the scene with Asuka).

I've heard of RahXephon. Is it as wierd as Eva?
Well, yes and no. The basic concept is as wierd, but it's explained MUCH better. Therefore it's just as cool and mind-warping, but without the 17 rewatchings necessary to figure out what just happened.

Upvote 0

Kam_Islash

The Leet One
Apr 23, 2004
Newark, CA
✟7,668.00
Faith
Christian
ozanaki tori said:
I

A Christian anime would be about peoples loving one another and turning the other cheek. Somehow I do not think a vampire would be involved.

Not true, what if the Christian were SLAYING the vampire?

Come on, don't give us all a bad name by being a wimp....

///

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
.:Mod hat on:.

I've noticed some arguing in here and I'd like to remind everyone of the following Christian Forums rule:

:rules:

[noflame]

No matter how you personally feel about NGE, Hellsing, or anything else, you have no right to flame another poster. :)

Upvote 0

Angry For Coins

Love Punch delivery man
Apr 29, 2004
California U.S.A.
✟132.00
Faith
Christian
Evangelion and Rah-Rah are two completely different anime. While both use the sci-fi/giant robot vs. giant monster technique to draw in its customers their meanings are entirely different. Evangelion was loosely based on myths from old Judea and Christianity. For example Lilith/Rei, many references to the cross, Adam and Eve, and angels. The End of Evangelion shows its real confused meaning through the end of the world.

Rah-Rah is all on its own and super-generic. While the show tries to show off its complex storyline people fail to realize that the show never really gave enough to go off on. Unlike Eva, which served us in full course meals. Rah-Rah was definitley fun until the reincarnation, or should I say a creation of the world took place.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kam_Islash

The Leet One
Apr 23, 2004
Newark, CA
✟7,668.00
Faith
Christian
Even if they're freaking demons with no souls?

I mean they're not going to be so kind when you turn your back.

I say one has the right to defend oneself, using lethal force if need be.

Monster come try and kill me and suck my blood I'm gonna whip out my blessed weapon and chop it to bits!

///

Upvote 0

indonesianpalmtree

JC's sentinel
Mar 17, 2004
Western Cape
✟568.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, good point Kam_Isash...

But i meant Louis de Pointe du Lac or some guy that was human first and still has emotions and compassion for Claudia.

I mean, his soul just went to hell becuase he physically turned into another form (if vampires existed, that is)? Vampires can still die if you kill them - they just have an infinite natural lifespan with enhanced features. Although, those freaks in Blood:Last Vampire don't seem very human anymore..lol

So i don't really compare a vampire with an animal in my understanding, as i would not hesitate to kill a shark attacking my best friend if i had a chance.

God bless

Upvote 0

roseheartwind

Warrior of Faith
May 21, 2004
Canada
✟15,125.00
Faith
Christian
Hellsing is 100% not christians. The main character Alucard is a vampire, he uses magic to fight! The human priest also uses magic to seal Alucard from using magic. There are those symbols on Alucards gloves. There is sexual secens
/content if u have seen the japanese version, I am not sure if it is in the english.

Upvote 0