✟368,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
Ecc 1:2-4 . . Meaningless! Futile! complains the Teacher. Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless. What does a man gain from all his labor at which he toils under the sun? Generations come and generations go, but the earth remains forever.

The earth is dumber than a spatula; yet easily outlives its human potentate whose IQ is infinitely greater. Take for example the great granite monuments in Yosemite Valley. Tourists to the valley come, and tourists to the valley go; and one day old age catches up with those tourists and they're gone; yet Yosemite's great stones abide decade after decade; century after century.

Most children born this day will be dead in 100 years; and those stones won't even notice. Though a child born today may be intelligent enough to eventually understand orbital mechanics and string theory; the stones-- stupid, mute, and uneducated --will easily outlast it.

Ecc 2:15-16 . . I thought in my heart: The fate of the fool will overtake me also. What then do I gain by being intelligent? I said in my heart: This is meaningless For the intelligent man, like the fool, will not be long remembered-- in days to come both will be forgotten. Like the fool, the intelligent man too must die.

POPULATION CLOCK UPDATE: 6 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 364,380 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since June 19, 2017.

/

• Useful
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Gabriel Anton

Exitus Acta Probat Acta Non Verba Deus Vult 11:18
May 19, 2016
Oz
✟89,091.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
-
Ecc 1:2-4 . . Meaningless! Futile! complains the Teacher. Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless. What does a man gain from all his labor at which he toils under the sun? Generations come and generations go, but the earth remains forever.

The earth is dumber than a spatula; yet easily outlives its human potentate whose IQ is infinitely greater. Take for example the great granite monuments in Yosemite Valley. Tourists to the valley come, and tourists to the valley go; and one day old age catches up with those tourists and they're gone; yet Yosemite's great stones abide decade after decade; century after century.

Most children born this day will be dead in 100 years; and those stones won't even notice. Though a child born today may be intelligent enough to eventually understand orbital mechanics and string theory; the stones-- stupid, mute, and uneducated --will easily outlast it.

Ecc 2:15-16 . . I thought in my heart: The fate of the fool will overtake me also. What then do I gain by being intelligent? I said in my heart: This is meaningless For the intelligent man, like the fool, will not be long remembered-- in days to come both will be forgotten. Like the fool, the intelligent man too must die.

POPULATION CLOCK UPDATE: 6 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 364,380 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since June 19, 2017.

/

Peace be with you.

I read all your posts.

You are very enlightened.

Please keep enlightening us with your wisdom.

Such understanding is very rare.

God bless you.

Upvote 0

WebersHome

Site Supporter
May 7, 2017
Oregon
✟368,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
Judas goats are trained for use in slaughterhouses and herd control. In stockyards, they lead sheep to slaughter; and are also used to lead other animals to specific pens and on to trucks. The term is a reference to the biblical traitor Judas Iscariot.

The phrase has also been used to describe goats utilized to locate feral goats targeted for eradication. They're usually outfitted with a transmitter, painted in red and then released. The goats then locate the remaining herds of feral goats, allowing hunters with tracking devices to find and exterminate them. The red paint marks the goat with the transmitter so the hunters know which one not to shoot.

You know what can be even worse than going to hell? Your own children following you there: and they trusted you. Here's a sort of cute story I heard once. I don't know if it's true but I guess it sure is pertinent.

A boozing farmer went out to his barn in the dead of night after a snowfall to sneak a pull from his liquor bottle. Just as he got to the barn door he heard something behind him. Turning, the farmer recognized his little boy coming towards him. In amazement he asked the little guy how he ever managed to find his way out to the barn in the dark. His son replied: It was easy; I walked in your footsteps.

Can you just imagine the anguish that parents feel in the netherworld knowing that they inadvertently raised their children in a religion, or an ideology, or a philosphy that led them down the road to hell and all the while sincerely believing themselves doing the right thing? In other words: they actually Judas-goated their children to follow mom and dad down there. How do parents in hell cope with something like that on their conscience? For some families, the only thing they have to look forward to in the afterlife is a sad reunion in fire and despair; for example:

Luke 16:27-29 . . Then he said: I beg you therefore, father [Abraham] that you would send [Lazarus] to my father's house, for I have five brothers, that he may testify to them, lest they also come to this place of torment.

That poor man had no way to contact his surviving kin and let them know his whereabouts; but his biggest fear was that he knew them all well enough to know that all five were coming down where he was-- there was nothing he could do to prevent it. Imagine that man's sorrow had those five been his children.

/

• Winner
Upvote 0

Gabriel Anton

Exitus Acta Probat Acta Non Verba Deus Vult 11:18
May 19, 2016
Oz
✟89,091.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
-

Thank you. Your regard is unusual. Most times I get excoriated instead of blessed.

/

Peace be with you.

I am also reading your other threads.

Your words and your thoughts I must tell you are very clear and bright.

You write like a Saint, with great clarity and purpose.

So keep writing and be blessed.

God will bless you many times over eternally for all the excoriations you receive.

God bless you, Saint WebersHome.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WebersHome

Site Supporter
May 7, 2017
Oregon
✟368,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
Q: Was Jonah alive in the fish?

A: Yes. (Jonah 2:1)

Q: The whole time?

A: No. (Jonah 2:6)

At some time during Jonah's three-day nautical adventure, he went to a place described as the roots of the mountains. Well; the roots of the mountains aren't situated in the tummy of a fish; they're embedded in the earth. Jesus Christ said the same thing about his experience.

Matt 12:40 . . For just as Jonah was in the belly of the huge fish three days and three nights, so the Son of man will be in the heart of the earth three days and three nights.

When you think about it, Christ's corpse was never in the heart of the earth. It wasn't even in the earth's soil. It was on the surface of the earth in a rock tomb. So in order for Christ to be on the surface of the earth and in its heart at the same time, he and his body had to go their separate ways.

Same with Jonah. In order for him to be in a fish's tummy and down at the roots of the mountains at the same time, Jonah and his body had to go their separate ways; which of course is not difficult for standard Christians seeing as how they believe Christ taught that human life continues to exist beyond the human body's demise.

/

• Useful
Upvote 0

WebersHome

Site Supporter
May 7, 2017
Oregon
✟368,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
Luke 16:25 . . Abraham said to him: Son, remember

I should think that one of the negative aspects of hell is memory. How people down there retain their memories sans the brain cells they left behind with their corpse, I don't know; but they do, just as the rich man is able to experience thirst sans a flesh and blood tongue.

The older one gets, the more memories they accumulate, and many of those memories haunt us with terrible regret. However, the people in hell not only have to cope with their bad memories, but also the good ones too, and I should think it is remembering the good things they enjoyed in life that makes their situation only worse in the heat.

They say it is better to have loved and lost, rather than not to have loved at all. I tend to disagree. I suspect it is far better to not know what you're missing. Ignorance really would be bliss in the once-rich man's situation.

Just think: that poor man is still in anguish down there to this very day; something like 1,957 years since Luke penned his gospel. In the grand scheme of things, that man is only just getting started on eternity because 1,957 years is little more than a warm-up for the main event. To put that in perspective: 60 AD was something like 1,432 years before Columbus discovered America.

POPULATION CLOCK UPDATE: 9 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 586,570 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since June 19, 2017.

/

• Informative
Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
-

Picture a mountain with many roads around the base heading towards the top. Well; Christianity accepts only one of those roads reaches the top; viz: the rest are dead-ends, terraces and cul-de-sacs, i.e. no outlets and nowhere to go except back down the mountain.

Now picture a huge pit, deep and wide, with many roads around the rim heading towards the bottom. Well; Christianity accepts that every one of those roads reaches the bottom; viz: there are no dead ends, no terraces, and no cul-de-sacs. In other words; people can get to hell any number of ways; but only one way to the new cosmos depicted at 2Pet 3:10-13 and the 21st chapter of Revelation.

/
So when exactly during the time that he began to create did he lovingly focus on creating so magnificent a torture chamber?

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WebersHome

Site Supporter
May 7, 2017
Oregon
✟368,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
So when exactly during the time that he began to create did he lovingly focus on creating so magnificent a torture chamber?

According to Matt 25:41, the lake of brimstone depicted at Rev 20:10-15 preceded the creation of human life; by how many years I don't know.

/

• Informative
Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
-

According to Matt 25:41, the lake of brimstone depicted at Rev 20:10-15 preceded the creation of human life; by how many years I don't know.

/

Prepared for the Devil and his angels for what purpose?

• Friendly
Upvote 0

WebersHome

Site Supporter
May 7, 2017
Oregon
✟368,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
Gen 6:5 . . And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

It's freaky to contemplate that humanity's designer has a way to eavesdrop His creature's mental processes on a level with which we are mostly unfamiliar.

Matt 15:18-19 . . For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts

So then, it's not how your mind works that defines you, no, it's how your heart works that defines you; and a man's heart is easily capable of hoodwinking his own consciousness.

Jer 17:9 . . The human heart is most deceitful and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is?

There is a part of us that psychology labels the subconscious; which in Freud's opinion is a repository for socially unacceptable ideas, wishes or desires, traumatic memories, and painful emotions put out of mind by the mechanism of psychological repression. However, the contents do not necessarily have to be solely negative. In the psychoanalytic view, the subconscious is a force that can only be recognized by its effects-- in other words: your mind's thoughts can be construed not as replicas of your hearts thoughts; but rather, as symptoms of your heart's thoughts.

The key word in the above is repression. God is able to de-suppress those repressed contents and submit them as evidence in the prosecution's case against the accused. That means He will be confronting people with things that they never before really knew about themselves; and that's why I sometimes say only a fool would take their chances with the Bible's God. They have no clue the extent of the psychological tsunami they're walking into.

/

• Informative
Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,240,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
The key word in the above is repression. God is able to de-suppress those repressed contents and submit them as evidence in the prosecution's case against the accused. That means He will be confronting people with things that they never before really knew about themselves; and that's why I sometimes say only a fool would take their chances with the Bible's God. They have no clue the extent of the psychological tsunami they're walking into.
If they never really knew those things about themselves, they can’t very well be held accountable for them.

“Father forgive them, for they know not what they do”.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WebersHome

Site Supporter
May 7, 2017
Oregon
✟368,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
Luke 23:33-34 . . And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left. Then said Jesus: Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

In its context, Jesus' prayer was for his Roman executioners.

NOTE: Forgiveness is not the same as exoneration. In other words; though God didn't come down on the Romans for killing his son that day, what they did remains on the books hanging over their heads like a sword of Damocles; they will answer for that day at the great white throne event depicted at Rev 20:11-15 when people's records are opened to evaluate them as to whether they belong in the new cosmos or they are undesirable and belong in the lake of brimstone instead.

Bottom Line: as a rose in any language is the same flower; so sins of ignorance are still sins; and have to be brought out into the light to be dealt with accordingly.

Ps 19:12 . .Who can discern his errors? Forgive my hidden faults.

/

• Useful
Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
-
Luke 23:33-34 . . And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left. Then said Jesus: Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

In its context, Jesus' prayer was for his Roman executioners.

NOTE: Forgiveness is not the same as exoneration. In other words; though God didn't come down on the Romans for killing his son that day, what they did remains on the books hanging over their heads like a sword of Damocles; they will answer for that day at the great white throne event depicted at Rev 20:11-15 when people's records are opened to evaluate them as to whether they belong in the new cosmos or they are undesirable and belong in the lake of brimstone instead.

Bottom Line: as a rose in any language is the same flower; so sins of ignorance are still sins; and have to be brought out into the light to be dealt with accordingly.

Ps 19:12 . .Who can discern his errors? Forgive my hidden faults.

/

His words were based on a principle.
the definition of principle

• Friendly
Upvote 0

WebersHome

Site Supporter
May 7, 2017
Oregon
✟368,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
Fiction can be defined as stories about people, places, and events that, though untrue; are plausible; viz: realistic.

Fantasy can be defined as stories about people, places, and events that are not only untrue; but implausible; viz: unrealistic.

For example: a story about a boy like Pinocchio is unrealistic; while a story about a boy with autism is realistic. The difference between Pinocchio and a boy with autism is that the one is compatible with normal reality; while the other is far removed from normal reality.

I have yet to read even one of Jesus Christ's parables that could not possibly be a real-life story. They're all actually quite believable-- farmers sowing seed, women losing coins, sons leaving home, wineskins bursting, tares among the wheat, leavened bread, barren fig trees, the blind leading the blind, et al.

Now; if he had told one that alleged the moon was made of green cheese; we would have good reason to believe that at least that one was fantasy; but none of them are like that. At best; Christ's parables might qualify as fiction; but never fantasy because none of them are so far removed from normal reality that there is no possible chance of it ever being a real-life story.

Luke 16:19-31 is commonly alleged to be a parable; which of course implies that the story is fiction; and some would even say fantasy. But the parable theory has a fatal flaw.

Abraham, Moses, and the prophets are real-life persons; they are neither fiction nor fantasy.

Abraham is especially notable because he's held in very high esteem by at least three of the world's prominent religions: Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.

Abraham is also the friend of God (2Chrn 20:27, Isa 41:8). I simply cannot believe that Jesus Christ-- a man famous among Christians for his honesty and integrity --would say something untrue about a famous real-life man; especially one of his Father's buddies.

And on top of that, the story quotes Abraham a number of times. Well; if the story is fiction, then Jesus Christ is on record testifying that Abraham said things that he didn't really say; which is a clear violation of the commandment that prohibits bearing false witness.

There is something else to consider.

Luke 16:19:31 didn't originate with Jesus Christ. No, it originated higher up. In other words: Jesus Christ was micro managed.

John 3:34 . . He is sent by God. He speaks God's words

John 8:26 . . He that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of Him.

John 8:28 . . I do nothing on my own initiative, but I speak these things as the Father taught me.

John 12:49 . . I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, He gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

John 14:24 . .The word which you hear is not mine, but the Father's who sent me.

When people allege that Luke 16:19-31 is not true to life; they insinuate that God is a person of marginal integrity who can't be trusted to tell the truth about people, not even about His own friends, which is ridiculous seeing as how Titus 1:2 and Heb 6:18 testify that God cannot lie.

His impeccable character is what makes that narrative all the more terrifying. Unless somebody can prove, beyond a shadow of sensible doubt, that Christ's Father is a tale-spinner; I pretty much have to assume the narrative was drawn from real-life; and if not drawn from real life, then at least based upon real life.

/

• Informative
Upvote 0