✟64,068.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Welcome to the sheepfold mate :heart:.

If you're worried about blaspheming The Holy Spirit, you haven't blasphemed The Holy Spirit. The blasphemy of The Holy Spirit is the thing that the pharisees committed by attributing the works of God to the works of the devil. To prove this read Matthew 12:22-32. Blaspheming The Holy Spirit is tied to rejecting The Son of God.

Trust not in your works/deeds but in the works of The One who saved you.

God bless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

seeker1999-

Feb 5, 2023
Kentucky
✟31,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Welcome to the sheepfold mate :heart:.

If you're worried about blaspheming The Holy Spirit, you haven't blasphemed The Holy Spirit. The blasphemy of The Holy Spirit is the thing that the pharisees committed by attributing the works of God to the works of the devil. To prove this read Matthew 12:22-32. Blaspheming The Holy Spirit is tied to rejecting The Son of God.

Trust not in your works/deeds but in the works of The One who saved you.

God bless.
Thanks but the question lingers about revelation 22 18-19. I’ve heard that those two verses mention something unforgivable.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hello I am a seeker. Deep down I want to be a true born again Christian. I’ve read verses about Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit and Revelation 22 18-19. Those verses deep down scare me.

No need to be a seeker, God has made receiving His free gift of Eternal Life salvation simple. All God requires of a person is to believe that Jesus is The promised Messiah, The only begotten Son of God. From the prophecies of The Tanakh (Old Testament). Believing in Jesus means you believe He is The Resurrection and Life and trust in Him alone for God's free gift of Eternal Life. Once that is believed you become a born again child of God and cross over from death to life. Never to cross back over to death.

Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, is a specific sin found only in Matthew 12 when the nation of Israel rejected Jesus as The Promised Messiah from the prophecies of The Tanakh. The blasphemy against the Holy Spirit sin was a sin that only the nation of Israel could commit. This sin is not an individual sin that can be committed today nor was it an individual sin that could have been committed in the past.

The sin was rejecting the miracles Jesus did proving He was The promised Messiah There was one specific miracle Jesus dd that brought the rejection to its climax. That was the rejecting the miracle Jesus did of the healing of the blind and mute person Then one was brought to Him who was demon-possessed, blind and mute; and He healed him, so that the blind and mute man both spoke and saw. And all the multitudes were amazed and said, “Could this be the Son of David?”

After this miracle, The Jewish leaders stated that Jesus does His miracles not by the power of God but by the prince of the demons Now when the Pharisees heard it they said, “This fellow does not cast out demons except by Beelzebub, the ruler of the demons.”

So the sin was committed by the nation of Israel and judgment was set and after one more offer in Acts 2 and a rejection judgment came in 70 A.D.

• Friendly
Reactions: Lost Witness
Upvote 0

Tranquil Bondservant

Nothing without Elohim
Oct 11, 2022
Somewhere
✟64,068.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
  • Friendly
Upvote 0

seeker1999-

Feb 5, 2023
Kentucky
✟31,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Thanks all for the encouragement. If I truly committed revelation 22 18-19 I wouldn’t even be concerned or worried about it in any way shape or form.

Tranquil Bondservant
Tranquil Bondservant
That's true! For both of these things you would be desirous to oppose God. Which you're evidently not! If you have questions feel free to create threads in the relevant sub-forums. It's ok if you get it wrong, a mod can move the discussion. Browse and check them out, there's a lot of good information. Also if you have any other questions feel free to message me. I'm heading to bed but I'll respond when I get up.
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟902,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello I am a seeker. Deep down I want to be a true born again Christian. I’ve read verses about Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit and Revelation 22 18-19. Those verses deep down scare me.
Welcome!

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟581,133.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks all for the encouragement. If I truly committed revelation 22 18-19 I wouldn’t even be concerned or worried about it in any way shape or form.
Exactly. You'd feel the opposite. The same with Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟66,098.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

hello_friend.gif

Welcome to Christian Forums!

LORD, those who know you will trust in You.
You have never deserted those who look to You.
Psalms 9:10

"Here is what I am commanding you to do:
Be strong and brave.
Do not be terrified.
Do not lose hope.
I am the LORD your God.
I will be with you everywhere you go."

Joshua 1:9

"Judah, listen to me!
People of Jerusalem, listen to me!
Have faith in the LORD your God.
He'll take good care of you.
Have faith in his prophets.
Then you will have success."

2 Chronicles 20:20

Some trust in chariots.
Some trust in horses.
But we trust in the LORD our God.

Psalms 20:7

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

maintenance man

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2018
California
Visit site
✟483,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to CF. This is a good place to be a seeker. I have some short videos in the media section here that may help you understand what it means to be a Christian. As you've already discovered, there are many other people here willing to help you find your way. Blessings!

• Friendly
Upvote 0