USA
✟17,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
I am new here, for about a week now? Something like that. I came here searching for some answes dealing with absurd and controversial topics, and I was graciously approached by one of your members regarding this. They have offered their help, and patience, and I am eternally grateful.

The other reason I am here, is because I think at this point in my journey, I am back (again), and Christianity's doorstep, as-it-were. I have been on this road in the past, and was an active, and very much involved in it. But that was long ago, I learned much, and as such, I eventually left that path. However, in part, that decision was based on immature and childlike ego and thinking, and I admit that. The other part of it, however, was based on reason, as I got older and looking into things for myself, as opposed to simply being told what to believe, what the 'truth' is, etc.

It is that second part, that I want to try and work through. To a point, I believe religion, ANY religion, will always and unequivocally come down to belief. Even if I wholeheartedly believed in someone or something creating us, I would also have to believe that they created it this way for a reason. It is for a reason, that the 'Creator' cannot be proved empirically. I believe it was meant that way. Proof destroys faith, at least in my estimation. I do not believe it would be by sheer accident, but by direct design. I want to go back through it all, what I learned as a child, as a young person, and redefine. At the end, if there is one, I may or may not come to a different conclusion that I am at right now. I do not know. If I do not, then I will have go through the process myself, and can say with certainty that I really did make an 'informed decision'. If I DO change it, then I will be able to say the same, but with a certainty that someone, something, not only created us, but is also there, waiting.

I realize there is much that I've said that some will take issue with, maybe even offense. I mean none at all, and I wan to be sure anyone who reads this understands that this is applicable ONLY to my world, my sphere of life. It is not meant to apply to anyone or anything else, except for me. We all are on our own paths, and every path means something to one who walks it.

Thanks for your patience, your time, your understanding. I do not mean to offend anyone at all, that is not why I am here, and I will do my very best to make sure I do not do so even accidentally. If you will have me, and would be patient with me, I am here to stay, until I find my answers, wherever they may lead me, or to Whomever they lead to. I am committed.

(One more thing, why would a post tell me at the top that it is 'submitted for approval', when I have not yet seen that previously? Have I broken some rule to which my posts need be curated first?)

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hello and welcome to CF. :)

I'll try to answer your last question first - except what I have to say is "I'm not sure". I see no indication that there's any problem with your membership, and that's not how our member management process works. If you did anything wrong that was getting any action, you would have gotten a message. And in no case that I'm aware of in the regular forums are a member's posts monitored for approval - either you can post or you can't. There are a few special forums that are restricted - such as by age, or only married/only single, or either men or women only. Other forum restrictions exist but those are the main ones.

Are you seeing your post appear? If not, what subforum are you attempting to post in? That's the most likely cause I can think of - where you might be trying to post.

Hopefully you're able to post. If not, feel free to try PM, or we may need to start you a ticket in the member area. Weird glitches do happen sometimes.

(ETA - it could also be your label "skeptic" ... some forums are limited to Christian only, for example)

I am new here, for about a week now? Something like that. I came here searching for some answes dealing with absurd and controversial topics, and I was graciously approached by one of your members regarding this. They have offered their help, and patience, and I am eternally grateful.

The other reason I am here, is because I think at this point in my journey, I am back (again), and Christianity's doorstep, as-it-were. I have been on this road in the past, and was an active, and very much involved in it. But that was long ago, I learned much, and as such, I eventually left that path. However, in part, that decision was based on immature and childlike ego and thinking, and I admit that. The other part of it, however, was based on reason, as I got older and looking into things for myself, as opposed to simply being told what to believe, what the 'truth' is, etc.

It is that second part, that I want to try and work through. To a point, I believe religion, ANY religion, will always and unequivocally come down to belief. Even if I wholeheartedly believed in someone or something creating us, I would also have to believe that they created it this way for a reason. It is for a reason, that the 'Creator' cannot be proved empirically. I believe it was meant that way. Proof destroys faith, at least in my estimation. I do not believe it would be by sheer accident, but by direct design. I want to go back through it all, what I learned as a child, as a young person, and redefine. At the end, if there is one, I may or may not come to a different conclusion that I am at right now. I do not know. If I do not, then I will have go through the process myself, and can say with certainty that I really did make an 'informed decision'. If I DO change it, then I will be able to say the same, but with a certainty that someone, something, not only created us, but is also there, waiting.

I realize there is much that I've said that some will take issue with, maybe even offense. I mean none at all, and I wan to be sure anyone who reads this understands that this is applicable ONLY to my world, my sphere of life. It is not meant to apply to anyone or anything else, except for me. We all are on our own paths, and every path means something to one who walks it.

Thanks for your patience, your time, your understanding. I do not mean to offend anyone at all, that is not why I am here, and I will do my very best to make sure I do not do so even accidentally. If you will have me, and would be patient with me, I am here to stay, until I find my answers, wherever they may lead me, or to Whomever they lead to. I am committed.

(One more thing, why would a post tell me at the top that it is 'submitted for approval', when I have not yet seen that previously? Have I broken some rule to which my posts need be curated first?)

Upvote 0

Shadowst0rm

Nov 27, 2018
USA
✟17,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
I do not know how to PM someone. It seems like it should be an obvious thing to do, and I have been on forums many times in the past, so I am not exactly new to the layout and format. But for the life of me, I cannot find ANYWHERE, how to message someone privately. I wanted to explain what, where, etc in a message regarding the system stopping me from posting, so I would not have to clog up this thread. But I cannot find where to message someone at all..

Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I do not know how to PM someone. It seems like it should be an obvious thing to do, and I have been on forums many times in the past, so I am not exactly new to the layout and format. But for the life of me, I cannot find ANYWHERE, how to message someone privately. I wanted to explain what, where, etc in a message regarding the system stopping me from posting, so I would not have to clog up this thread. But I cannot find where to message someone at all..
Ah forgive me ... it should appear when you have a few more posts. I think you need 20 posts and 5 likes.

I just gave you a like so you should meet that part already.

The games forum is a quick way to rack up posts if you like.

Upvote 0

Shadowst0rm

Nov 27, 2018
USA
✟17,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
I had opened a ticket and have been discussing it with someone in the support area. They have been rather helpful, and I believe the issue is fixed. As for the PMs, that makes much more sense now, lol. I understand, plenty of people who only wish to cause issues, that is a good way to curb it from the start. The game forums, I will go check that out! Thank you!

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I had opened a ticket and have been discussing it with someone in the support area. They have been rather helpful, and I believe the issue is fixed. As for the PMs, that makes much more sense now, lol. I understand, plenty of people who only wish to cause issues, that is a good way to curb it from the start. The game forums, I will go check that out! Thank you!
I'm glad it is fixed for you! :)

And you're more than welcome, though I don't think I've been much help lol.

Reactions: Shadowst0rm
Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hello Shadow;
welcome to CF; May the Lord Jesus guide you here as well as in the world; and may you find friends and what ever you need from the Lord here. I do have a question for you; do you like music--Praise & Worship music? Well we have a new forum here at CF just for P&W music and at the top is a directory of other Christian music threads around CF; come and take a look!:wave:

Praise and Worship Music

images

To The

238348_da04309d434d67254a1115a692df42c4.jpeg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums