Dec 13, 2015
NY
✟8,453.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone,

Anyone familiar with Charles Capps? I've purchased a few of his booklets a while back and I'm starting to read them again more seriously. I also watch some of his YouTube videos, and he seems like he was a genuine guy. I'm weary of some teachers (but that can be my own issue of course; I'm still new to learning WOF) but he doesn't strike me as a fraud.

Thanks
Peter

Long Island Pilgrim

Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2016
NY
✟67,631.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone,

Anyone familiar with Charles Capps? I've purchased a few of his booklets a while back and I'm starting to read them again more seriously. I also watch some of his YouTube videos, and he seems like he was a genuine guy. I'm weary of some teachers (but that can be my own issue of course; I'm still new to learning WOF) but he doesn't strike me as a fraud.

Thanks
Peter
Hi Peter,

I didn't know who he was but i just took a peek on youtube and he seems genuine enough. You can always do a search using words like fraud and see if anything surfaces.

God bless...

Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
North Carolina (Charlotte)
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi everyone,

Thanks
Peter

While maybe not a fraud, I'd be careful with anything charismatic. The WOF movement takes the whole "word of power" thing too far in my opinion. The whole thing just bleeds influence from the Occult and words of power used in ritual. I am fairly anti-Charismatic myself. If you look at pagan worship described in the OT, how the priests writhed around yelling in order to get their gods attention, it can look very similar to many modern Charismatic services. Considering many Orthodox monks and Saints got their power from years of quiet prayer and contemplation, I see more effectiveness in that.

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
While maybe not a fraud, I'd be careful with anything charismatic. The WOF movement takes the whole "word of power" thing too far in my opinion. The whole thing just bleeds influence from the Occult and words of power used in ritual. I am fairly anti-Charismatic myself. If you look at pagan worship described in the OT, how the priests writhed around yelling in order to get their gods attention, it can look very similar to many modern Charismatic services. Considering many Orthodox monks and Saints got their power from years of quiet prayer and contemplation, I see more effectiveness in that.

I would be VERY careful here Marius... (Many have had their posts removed for saying LESS and others (may) have been banned by senior forum moderators.) Not only are you putting down Charismatic/Pentecostal Christians, but saying that the WOF "thing" just bleeds influence in the Occult [and] your comparing us to pagan worshippers. You do realise that you have entered into our WOF home with these unnecessary comments, right?

Not to be rude in anyway... please read Christian Forums rules and then consider repenting (change of mind) of this type of thinking as you may have unknowingly, just (opened the door to inroads of Satan in your life). You don't want to go there, so please re-consider what your doing! Everyone is welcome here to fellowship with us and ask questions about what WOF teaches... but, any teaching is prohibited by non-members.

Thanks for your cooperation and understanding...
patonback1_zpsrhkug4le.gif

Word-of-Faith1_zps3y4drm8y.gif

• Agree
Reactions: ☦Marius☦
Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I would be VERY careful here Marius... (Many have had their posts removed for saying LESS and others (may) have been banned by senior forum moderators.) Not only are you putting down Charismatic/Pentecostal Christians, but saying that the WOF "thing" just bleeds influence in the Occult [and] your comparing us to pagan worshippers. You do realise that you have entered into our WOF home with these unnecessary comments, right?

Not to be rude in anyway... please read Christian Forums rules and then consider repenting (change of mind) of this type of thinking as you may have unknowingly, just (opened the door to inroads of Satan in your life). You don't want to go there, so please re-consider what your doing! Everyone is welcome here to fellowship with us and ask questions about what WOF teaches... but, any teaching is prohibited by non-members.

Thanks for your cooperation and understanding...
patonback1_zpsrhkug4le.gif

I apologise. I didn't even realize I was on the WOF discussion board. When I see threads in the new posts I hit them sometimes without looking at where it takes me.

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I apologise. I didn't even realize I was on the WOF discussion board. When I see threads in the new posts I hit them sometimes without looking at where it takes me.

I know what you mean, been there done that. I have to remain a little observant myself where I end up at on this CF Forum. It's pretty good size with many places to check out and get temporaily lost. Just have to understand and be careful where we drop in, Huh? Thanks for responding to my post. Fellowshipping is always doors open so keep that in mind. Have a nice day!

Be Blessed to be a Blessing...
busy1_zps86jwvxfh.gif

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi everyone,

Thanks, Peter.

Hi Peter... Charles Capps was a solid WOF Bible Teacher (the real deal) and it was sad he passed on in 2014. I have read some of his books different times over the years. Followed him on "Concepts of Faith" on TBN/Daystar. He may still be on Daystar. In my area with Spectrum cable, I touch "menu" on my remote and then touch the "search" button and type in Charles Capps. It will then let me know where to look and what channel he's on. He teaches much about every aspect of faith in our Christian walk, and to carefully watch the words we say... "for death and life are in the power of the tongue." (Proverbs 18:21). He also teaches to train ourselves to speak every word with a good purpose. He simply believes what he says... and says what he believes. Excellent teacher.

Most of his books are centered on confessing the Word and speaking the Word in faith, and the authority of the believer in who we are... "in Christ." Charles Capps... was ONE of the most underrated WOF giants in God's Kingdom. He has many quotes about his faith in the Word of God. Here is one of my favorites....

"Faith gets into your heart by speaking, (by saying). Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing the Word of God... the more you hear it, the more you believe it, the more you believe it, the more you'll say it, the more you say it, the more you'll believe it."

You can find his teaching articles on Google websites. Your absolutely right, he's not a fraud in any way. He's the real deal! Enjoy your journey with Charles Capps.

Be Blessed to be a Blessing....
Busy_zpsl2sxm6dd.gif

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

Leave, go get out.
You are teaching Hearcy and have no right to do so here.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

What does it matter where you spread gossip?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone,

Thanks
Peter

Hello Peter ,thank you for being here.
Charles Capps was a well known man of God who taught great wisdom on having Faith in God.
He was influenced by Kenneth E Hagin greatly.
Most of us would consider Charles Capps as one of our best Prechers in the Word of Faith movement.

Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Leave, go get out.
You are teaching Hearcy and have no right to do so here.

Hersey against what exactly? You don't have a Creed to my knowledge so how can you declare me a heretic? Also cult mentality much? I already offered to leave.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Hersey against what exactly? You don't have a Creed to my knowledge so how can you declare me a heretic? Also cult mentality much? I already offered to leave.

Your apologies were for being in the wrong place ,not for your bitter statement.

Quote: Marius

. The wholething just bleeds influence from the Occult and wordsof power used in ritual. I am fairly anti-Charismaticmyself. If you look at pagan worship.
Unquote.

Now let's look at the definition.

heresynoun [ C/U ]
US /ˈher·ə·si/
belief opposed to the officialbelief of a church and that isconsidered wrong, or thecondition of having such beliefs

Since you have a very bitter acusatory commentary on Word of Faith, that is void of truth, your statement was ,is and will be Heracy against our Faith.

In doing this by definition you are :

heretic /ˈherəˌtɪk/ noun
plural heretics
Learner's definition of HERETIC
[count]

: someone who believes or teaches something that goes against accepted or official beliefs

We do not practice the Occult,yet you stated that we do.

Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Your apologies were for being in the wrong place ,not for your bitter statement.

Quote: Marius

. The wholething just bleeds influence from the Occult and wordsof power used in ritual. I am fairly anti-Charismaticmyself. If you look at pagan worship.
Unquote.

Now let's look at the definition.

heresynoun [ C/U ]
US /ˈher·ə·si/
belief opposed to the officialbelief of a church and that isconsidered wrong, or thecondition of having such beliefs

Since you have a very bitter acusatory commentary on Word of Faith, that is void of truth, your statement was ,is and will be Heracy against our Faith.

In doing this by definition you are :

heretic /ˈherəˌtɪk/ noun
plural heretics
Learner's definition of HERETIC
[count]

: someone who believes or teaches something that goes against accepted or official beliefs

We do not practice the Occult,yet you stated that we do.

I didn't say you practice the occult, I said the charismatic movement bleeds the occult. As in it takes some influence from it.

My statements aren't bitter. They are passionless. They are simply what I believe to be true from my own experiences within the occult before, and with charismatics

Upvote 0

Jan800

Mar 31, 2016
AZ
✟28,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone,

Thanks
Peter

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I didn't say you practice the occult, I said the charismatic movement bleeds the occult. As in it takes some influence from it.

My statements aren't bitter. They are passionless. They are simply what I believe to be true from my own experiences within the occult before, and with charismatics

Matthew 12: 31. Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. 32. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come. 33. Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit. 34. O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

Please read our statement of Faith.
You must understand your words are not just being read by Fourm members ,but many others as well.
This is how ugly rumors begin.
Your words are a double entendre ,so think about the warning you presented to someone seeking knowlage.

I hope this will be our last exchange here,at some point we could have a debate in the appropriate place.
If you want to.
Or we can quit and forget.

Upvote 0