Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yed, thanks. I rather avoid doctrinal debates haha. It never ends. But thanks, I gotta look around more here in different threads aswell. Thanks for reminder
If you have problems finding forums, just let us know. Any of us would be happy to give you links if you need them. :)

Reactions: germo155
Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟2,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Nice. I have ADHD, so the Rosary is not for me. It is too repetitive for me to pray.
Protestants are always saying that

but the psg in the Bible about not repeating prayers had to do with people asking God for necessities. Repeating prayers that bring you closer to God through Christ (rosary) is a very good thing.

In that psg, Jesus says that God already knows what you need before you ask. . which applies to both temporal goods and spiritual ones.

I think it is a bit ironic that people are against the repeated prayers of the rosary and yet those of us who pray those prayers are lifted up above the words and don't even think about them after a few minutes because we are in a different kind of ... reality or whatever. After the first few minutes of praying the rosary, I am actually freed from words... It's hard to explain exactly what I am saying.

In any case, I have learned that God prefers we pray a certain way. People asked Jesus how to pray and he gave them (us) the Our Father which is repeated on the rosary many times.

Ther are other things I could say, but I'll leave it there 4 now

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟77,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Protestants are always saying that

but the psg in the Bible about not repeating prayers had to do with people asking God for necessities. Repeating prayers that bring you closer to God through Christ (rosary) is a very good thing.

In that psg, Jesus says that God already knows what you need before you ask. . which applies to both temporal goods and spiritual ones.

I think it is a bit ironic that people are against the repeated prayers of the rosary and yet those of us who pray those prayers are lifted up above the words and don't even think about them after a few minutes because we are in a different kind of ... reality or whatever. After the first few minutes of praying the rosary, I am actually freed from words... It's hard to explain exactly what I am saying.

In any case, I have learned that God prefers we pray a certain way. People asked Jesus how to pray and he gave them (us) the Our Father which is repeated on the rosary many times.

Ther are other things I could say, but I'll leave it there 4 now
I am Catholic, but the Rosary just gets old real quick. My patience is short.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟77,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just not, what u mean? Isn't Jesus our saviour? Who is Rosary?
A Rosary is a Catholic devotional object, typically made of beads or knotted cord, used to help keep track of the repetition of prayers as the user meditates on the mysteries of the rosary. The Rosary is named after the Latin word "rosary," which means "garland or crown." It consists of five decades or groups of ten beads each, with a larger bead or pendant separating each decade. The five decades represent the five Joyful, Sorrowful, Glorious and two Mysteries of the Rosary (Luminous was added more recently).

The most common form of prayer recited using a Rosary is the Hail Mary, which is prayed on each bead of the decade. The Rosary also includes other prayers such as the Our Father and the Glory Be to the Father, which are recited at specific points during the rosary.

The Rosary is used as a tool for prayer and meditation, allowing the user to focus their mind on the mysteries of Christ's life, death, and resurrection. By reciting the prayers and reflecting on the mysteries, the user can deepen their spiritual connection with God and grow in faith. The Rosary is also a popular form of group prayer, as it can be easily shared among multiple people, making it a powerful tool for building community and fostering spiritual growth.

But what @Michie said, this thread is meant for welcoming people, not as a theology or doctrine thread.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0