Toronto
✟17,220.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Hello everyone! I am happy to be here. I am 26, going to be 27 in 11 days.

For most of my life I've always had a belief that God was real, but I never really got close to God. I was baptized as Roman Catholic but never went to church or a catholic school or even got serious with praying. I would occasionally pray here and there in life, but nothing else. I was more attracted to new age spirituality. First I was hooked into the Law of Attraction, then to Neville Goddard. I was obsessed with Neville Goddard. I thought he was the answer to all of my problems. I even began to read more of the Bible (since he uses it in his teachings).

But then about a week ago I had this sudden urge to stop everything. Stop reading Neville. Stop listening to Neville. Stop posting on Facebook groups and a subreddit dedicated to him. I don't know why, but I just stopped.

Since then I've been thinking about what my purpose in life is, what the meaning of life is, and how I can make my life worth living. Because I have always struggled with that, and thought going to new age would help, but sometimes I'd feel more lost than not. Sometimes I'd feel more disconnected from reality - especially with one of Neville's concepts which is "everyone is you pushed out". How could everyone in the world be myself pushed out when I am just one person? How can I really look at myself in the mirror and say that I am God? Isn't that blasphemy? It just felt off to me. I just couldn't understand it, and I suppose last week I had enough, and that leads to today!

So now I am on a mission. I am on a mission to get closer to God. I've been doing a lot of praying the last couple days and I feel it's working. I will continue praying, continue reading the Bible, and continue reading testimonials + engaging with people about God!

Thank you and God bless you all!

P
PetraStoun
Hi SeekingGod96, be blessed and may the fire in your heart never go out...I just registered on the forum and I want to ask if I should be allowed to open a topic eg to introduce myself. I apologize for writing on your topic, but I can't manage it, and I can't contact the moderators.:rolleyes: :D be brave and live every blessing :crown:
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

For most of my life I've always had a belief that God was real, but I never really got close to God. I was baptized as Roman Catholic but never went to church or a catholic school or even got serious with praying. I would occasionally pray here and there in life, but nothing else. I was more attracted to new age spirituality. First I was hooked into the Law of Attraction, then to Neville Goddard. I was obsessed with Neville Goddard. I thought he was the answer to all of my problems. I even began to read more of the Bible (since he uses it in his teachings).

But then about a week ago I had this sudden urge to stop everything. Stop reading Neville. Stop listening to Neville. Stop posting on Facebook groups and a subreddit dedicated to him. I don't know why, but I just stopped.

Since then I've been thinking about what my purpose in life is, what the meaning of life is, and how I can make my life worth living. Because I have always struggled with that, and thought going to new age would help, but sometimes I'd feel more lost than not. Sometimes I'd feel more disconnected from reality - especially with one of Neville's concepts which is "everyone is you pushed out". How could everyone in the world be myself pushed out when I am just one person? How can I really look at myself in the mirror and say that I am God? Isn't that blasphemy? It just felt off to me. I just couldn't understand it, and I suppose last week I had enough, and that leads to today!

So now I am on a mission. I am on a mission to get closer to God. I've been doing a lot of praying the last couple days and I feel it's working. I will continue praying, continue reading the Bible, and continue reading testimonials + engaging with people about God!

Welcome

Well you have to be cautious about christianity, so many different beliefs. Basically each denomination has their beliefs and theology.

I will recommend a website to free grace. What free grace beliefs are mainly focused on, is the correct teaching on how to receive God's free gift of Eternal Life (salvation). Which is only by faith in Jesus The Messiah from The Bible and not a Jesus that has been new aged. The real Jesus/God found only in The Bible.

Jesus is the resurrection and the life, so if a person believes this and trust in Jesus they have it, at the very moment of belief. They become a permanent born again child of God, as written about in The Gospel of John. No works are involved or ask by God, for a person to do, to receive the free gift of Eternal Life, just faith in Jesus.

Here is the free grace website: Grace Evangelical Society

Reactions: SeekingGod96
Upvote 0

SeekingGod96

Mar 18, 2023
Toronto
✟17,220.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Welcome

Well you have to be cautious about christianity, so many different beliefs. Basically each denomination has their beliefs and theology.

I will recommend a website to free grace. What free grace beliefs are mainly focused on, is the correct teaching on how to receive God's free gift of Eternal Life (salvation). Which is only by faith in Jesus The Messiah from The Bible and not a Jesus that has been new aged. The real Jesus/God found only in The Bible.

Jesus is the resurrection and the life, so if a person believes this and trust in Jesus they have it, at the very moment of belief. They become a permanent born again child of God, as written about in The Gospel of John. No works are involved or ask by God, for a person to do, to receive the free gift of Eternal Life, just faith in Jesus.

Here is the free grace website: Grace Evangelical Society
Thank you for your response + for the resource! It is greatly appreciated. I will check it out.

• Friendly
Reactions: d taylor
Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your soul is far too important to gamble with resources from men,
Stick to scripture.
Not a denominational doctrine,
These are the Last Days.
Put your trust in the LORD alone.

May The LORD Bless You and Keep You

Shalom Aleichem

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Welcome!

Upvote 0

SeekingGod96

Mar 18, 2023
Toronto
✟17,220.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Your soul is far too important to gamble with resources from men,
Stick to scripture.
Not a denominational doctrine,
These are the Last Days.
Put your trust in the LORD alone.

May The LORD Bless You and Keep You

Shalom Aleichem
Thank you deeply!

Upvote 0

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟66,511.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

0f850fba0aced026357cca14c3afc50b_(4).gif

Welcome to Christian Forums!

LORD, those who know you will trust in You.
You have never deserted those who look to You.
Psalms 9:10

"Here is what I am commanding you to do:
Be strong and brave.
Do not be terrified.
Do not lose hope.
I am the LORD your God.
I will be with you everywhere you go."

Joshua 1:9

"Judah, listen to me!
People of Jerusalem, listen to me!
Have faith in the LORD your God.
He'll take good care of you.
Have faith in his prophets.
Then you will have success."

2 Chronicles 20:20

Some trust in chariots.
Some trust in horses.
But we trust in the LORD our God.

Psalms 20:7

Upvote 0

I's2C

Aug 28, 2021
North Platte
✟35,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Your story reminds me of the Prodigal son in Lk 15:11-:32; You may or may not know that when just 1 comes back to the FATHER all heaven rejoices and sings. Walk with GOD in all things giving HIM the glory. Study the WORD for every day in the WORD is a good day!

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Welcome... glad you're here!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums