Country
Nigeria
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello Everyone,

It's good to be here!

My name is Chukwuemeka and I'm from Nigeria. I am looking to make and connect with great friends and also to share and bless lives.

I hope to learn from the great family here at Worthy Christian Forums and I'm truly excited to be here.

I hope to meet you soon,

Chukwuemeka

Attachments

• The Good News Magazine Vol.1 Issue 1.pdf
    185.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Reactions: Sarah G

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to CF, Chukwuemeka. The magazine is very nice and will surely be a blessing to all that read it. The prosperity gospel is a new thing for me. Growing up in Christianity we never spoke of prosperity or abundance. I have previously been taught that God is most merciful when He takes everything away from me because then I will rely on Him completely :)
Recently I see this prosperity teaching especially Joyce Meyers on the Christian channel here and I find it a very positive thing to really accept the abundance of love, compassion, forgiveness and mercy that Lord Jesus Christ has for me. It helps bring it from the head to the heart. I'm not so convinced an abundance of material wealth would be good for me; enough is as good as a feast, too much is worse than none at all?

Anyway, welcome to CF :twohearts:

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
upload_2017-12-13_20-6-29.jpeg

Upvote 0
Dec 13, 2017
Ogun
✟15,352.00
Country
Nigeria
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Welcome to CF, Chukwuemeka. The magazine is very nice and will surely be a blessing to all that read it. The prosperity gospel is a new thing for me. Growing up in Christianity we never spoke of prosperity or abundance. I have previously been taught that God is most merciful when He takes everything away from me because then I will rely on Him completely :)
Recently I see this prosperity teaching especially Joyce Meyers on the Christian channel here and I find it a very positive thing to really accept the abundance of love, compassion, forgiveness and mercy that Lord Jesus Christ has for me. It helps bring it from the head to the heart. I'm not so convinced an abundance of material wealth would be good for me; enough is as good as a feast, too much is worse than none at all?

Anyway, welcome to CF :twohearts:
Many thanks Sarah for the welcome. It is much appreciated. I quite completely agree with you on the need for balance in talking about the free gifts of God. That is, whilst I agree that our heavenly father, being an abundant God, gives abundantly, it is equally important to state that the purpose of His overflowing goodness is not that we gorge ourselves but that we should extend His goodness to those around us. See 2 Corinthians 9:8; Hebrews 13:5

Once again, thanks for your warm welcome

Reactions: Sarah G
Upvote 0