ob77

Jun 1, 2014
✟470.00
Faith
Christian
This word conjures up a variety of scenarios and has been used as a club wielded by the clergy for hundreds of years to keep funds coming in and in return, the clergy would attempt to keep the faithful from the clutches of hell.

Now, let's get down to it. The English word "Hell" does not have its origin in the Hebrew or Greek. It originates in an old anglo-saxon word with two variations in spelling: Helle and Helan Its original definition is a hidden place.
Translators took this word and substituted it in place of four other words in the original text, and these are as follows:
Sheol = Hebrew- meaning the grave.
Hades = Greek - meaning a hidden place
Gehenna = Greek - the garbage pit where fires consumed refuse tossed into it.
Tartarus = Homer, who used this word as the underground prison for the giants. This word is only found once where it was substituted for Hell. The early revisers changed the phrase "Thrown down to tartarus" and switched it to hell.
Each and every time the reader comes across the word hell it is one of these other terms.
Now, if one takes all these words and meanings and lumps them together you get a scene of a hidden place, where the dead go, an underground pit where fires burn unceasingly. Frightful picture is it not? That was their aim. I hate to think of how many church goers lived their whole lives in fear of going to a place which does not exist.
Hell is not the lake of fire, which will be a one time event at the end of the millennium.
Those who go into that will be utterly consumed - a final death. Satan will also go into this lake. He is the son of perdition. Perdition means to turn to ash from within and without - to perish.
Now I know that there are people that wish there was a hell, for we all want evil doers, murderers, rapists, kidnappers etc. to burn in hell for eternity as just reward for their evil.....I am with you. But since it is not real, then what?
The rich man could see Lazarus with Christ across a gulf that could not be crossed.
Being held in that state was torture of a kind and there are a great many metaphors and figures of speech and idioms one can sort through.....feeling as one's mouth and tongue are on fire and so forth. A self realization that the rich man as well as countless others are there until the millennium. Those from before were freed by Christ when he rose, but all the rest must remain for now. For the student interested in more information about the millennial period, read the last 8 or 9 chapters of the book of Ezekiel.
Now after the lake of fire event, it will be sealed over and done away with along with all and any memory of those who went into it.
Heaven is where God is and since the full Godhead defacto will be here on earth, you cannot have an open burning lake and thoughts of screaming tortured souls in it and have peace and no more tears. It would not be Heaven.

Reactions: Mark51

AphroditeGoneAwry

Dec 2, 2012
Montana
Visit site
✟9,083.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
This word conjures up a variety of scenarios and has been used as a club wielded by the clergy for hundreds of years to keep funds coming in and in return, the clergy would attempt to keep the faithful from the clutches of hell.

Now, let's get down to it. The English word "Hell" does not have its origin in the Hebrew or Greek. It originates in an old anglo-saxon word with two variations in spelling: Helle and Helan Its original definition is a hidden place.
Translators took this word and substituted it in place of four other words in the original text, and these are as follows:
Tartarus = Homer, who used this word as the underground prison
for the giants. This word is only found once where it was substituted for Hell. The early revisers changed the phrase "Thrown down to tartarus" and switched it to hell.
Each and every time the reader comes across the word hell it is one of these other terms.
Now, if one takes all these words and meanings and lumps them together you get a scene of a hidden place, where the dead go, an underground pit where fires burn unceasingly. Frightful picture is it not? That was their aim. I hate to think of how many church goers lived their whole lives in fear of going to a place which does not exist.
Hell is not the lake of fire, which will be a one time event at the end of the millennium.
Those who go into that will be utterly consumed - a final death. Satan will also go into this lake. He is the son of perdition. Perdition means to turn to ash from within and without - to perish.

Now I know that there are people that wish there was a hell, for we all want evil doers, murderers, rapists, kidnappers etc. to burn in hell for eternity as just reward for their evil.....I am with you. But since it is not real, then what?
The rich man could see Lazarus with Christ across a gulf that could not be crossed.
Being held in that state was torture of a kind and there are a great many metaphors and figures of speech and idioms one can sort through.....feeling as one's mouth and tongue are on fire and so forth. A self realization that the rich man as well as countless others are there until the millennium. Those from before were freed by Christ when he rose, but all the rest must remain for now. For the student interested in more information about the millennial period, read the last 8 or 9 chapters of the book of Ezekiel.
Now after the lake of fire event, it will be sealed over and done away with along with all and any memory of those who went into it.
Heaven is where God is and since the full Godhead defacto will be here on earth, you cannot have an open burning lake and thoughts of screaming tortured souls in it and have peace and no more tears. It would not be Heaven.

Wow. It is just like my dream. Except in my dream, people who are in this purgatory/interim place are half-planted in the ground; stuck and immobile yet can see and be aware of everything going on around them. Everyone and life visible to them, but they are invisible to life. Can you imagine calling out to people walking right by you and them not hearing you at all? Perhaps this is why it is a sin to conjure the dead.

God will be their only solace in this time which could go on for thousands of years, until the final end. If they convert and accept and love Him in this time of purgatory, they will pass into heaven when Jesus comes again. Otherwise they will be annihilated when the end finally comes, to be no more.

Thanks for that confirmation. <3

Upvote 0

topcare

The Eucharist is Life
Apr 8, 2014
✟12,064.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Tartarus = Homer, who used this word as the underground prison for the giants. This word is only found once where it was substituted for Hell. The early revisers changed the phrase "Thrown down to tartarus" and switched it to hell.

What does this have to do with Traditional Theology? This looks pretty much like it belongs in General Theology. In this forum we discuss Traditional Theology

Reactions: All4Christ
Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
most people are in hell and don't even know it. I would sink even deeper if I saw God in the 'light' of the so-called understanding that the humans boast of. there is no greater hell than the ones that humans create out of their own sickness. the devil need not be the devil, not when we got an enemy as great as God. good thing I will never bow my knee to the god of this world. my love has no shadow of turning and i'm not fooled by a drunk harlot that loves a beast. the only mark I have is the kiss he left on my soul whos name no one know but he who gave it to me. yet the humans wish to boast of their lack of love! how insane are they? insane enough to believe that something so beyond all comprehension, goodness, or anything we could ever fathom of what would constitute as love would ever for a moment wish to bend his knee to the unclean spirits I see stinging his children.

not even many of the saints could see past the veil but seraphim do not care if they survive or not. why would they wish to exist in the hell they descended to in order to serve their beloved? and yet we would boast and say that we do not live in heaven, which is why people see hell. hell or heaven, they are of little consequence compare to he who lives in me. even death and blindness was only done out of love. how much does life swallow up death? what measurement do we put on the capacity of the desire of God and of his love? is it greater than mine? surly! and yet freedom allows for infinite evils to exist, except that freedom is out of love rather than hate. hell can only be due to a limited capacity. it is something temporal rather than something eternal.

it was a fabrication for certain types of souls who spoke a language in which God had to met them and besides he could easily utilize anything for his own hidden purposes. the various flavors his souls wish to love him with is something he allows. never could a system go so out of control that God would rid himself of the only reason they exist in the first place. that which is annihilated is that which never could exist forever. souls do not create a reality that can surmount God. that is why they are secondary realities and all of realities are based in the divine Trinity. shadows fade as God reveals himself. thus we found another reason to rejoice. hell last as long as you want it to last.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2KnowHim
Upvote 0

ob77

Jun 1, 2014
✟470.00
Faith
Christian
Wow. It is just like my dream. Except in my dream, people who are in this purgatory/interim place are half-planted in the ground; stuck and immobile yet can see and be aware of everything going on around them. Everyone and life visible to them, but they are invisible to life. Can you imagine calling out to people walking right by you and them not hearing you at all? Perhaps this is why it is a sin to conjure the dead.

God will be their only solace in this time which could go on for thousands of years, until the final end. If they convert and accept and love Him in this time of purgatory, they will pass into heaven when Jesus comes again. Otherwise they will be annihilated when the end finally comes, to be no more.

Thanks for the thanks, but I am simply the messenger. I believe that the torment these people feel are not directed toward them from an outside source, and certainly not from a character dressed in a red suit with horns and a pitch fork. The torment they are undergoing is self inflicted of a sort, knowing they screwed up, especially upon leaving the flesh and realizing they are not dead. Second Ezdra delves into this and I have read it, though most have never heard of it. I will say this now and probably a thousand more times , that we only have 66 books out of 163 original books of the bible to gather what the Father would have us know. It is a shame that politics got in the way of God's word so early, but at the same time I thank God almighty that He pushed King James to publish the word for the masses. Ah, as to those in the waiting room, so to speak, they will not have long to wait, for as prophecy is coming to pass daily and as the final generation, born after 1948 is growing long in the tooth, Satan will appear shortly before this generation dies out.

Upvote 0

ob77

Jun 1, 2014
✟470.00
Faith
Christian
What does this have to do with Traditional Theology? This looks pretty much like it belongs in General Theology. In this forum we discuss Traditional Theology

Gee, I thought theology was a study of the bible, without bounds, silly me. If it ruffles your feathers that much, I will endeavor to select just the right venue.

Upvote 0

ob77

Jun 1, 2014
✟470.00
Faith
Christian
most people are in hell and don't even know it. I would sink even deeper if I saw God in the 'light' of the so-called understanding that the humans boast of. there is no greater hell than the ones that humans create out of their own sickness. the devil need not be the devil, not when we got an enemy as great as God. good thing I will never bow my knee to the god of this world. my love has no shadow of turning and i'm not fooled by a drunk harlot that loves a beast. the only mark I have is the kiss he left on my soul whos name no one know but he who gave it to me. yet the humans wish to boast of their lack of love! how insane are they? insane enough to believe that something so beyond all comprehension, goodness, or anything we could ever fathom of what would constitute as love would ever for a moment wish to bend his knee to the unclean spirits I see stinging his children.

not even many of the saints could see past the veil but seraphim do not care if they survive or not. why would they wish to exist in the hell they descended to in order to serve their beloved? and yet we would boast and say that we do not live in heaven, which is why people see hell. hell or heaven, they are of little consequence compare to he who lives in me. even death and blindness was only done out of love. how much does life swallow up death? what measurement do we put on the capacity of the desire of God and of his love? is it greater than mine? and yet freedom allows for infinite evils to exist, except that freedom is out of love rather than hate. hell can only be due to a limited capacity. it is something temporal rather than something eternal.

it was a fabrication for certain types of souls who spoke a langue in which God had to met them and besides he could easily utilize anything for his own hidden purposes. the various flavors his souls wish to love him with is something he allows. never could a system go so out of control that God would rid himself of the only reason they exist in the first place. that which is annihilated is that which never could exist forever. souls do not create a reality that can surmount God. that is why they are secondary realities and all of realities are based in the divine Trinity. shadows fade as God reveals himself. thus we found another reason to rejoice. hell last as long as you want it to last.

I am not sure I am understanding your post. Those who are trapped in the area that they cannot escape from know they are there. Listen, all those whose names are written in the book of life, shall never perish and never go to this holding pen of sorts. Those names were written before the foundation of the world - the word foundation is Kebow in the Hebrew, which means "overthrow"......those names were written before Satan's rebellion. I fear not for anyone who professes belief in the Father. "None shall take them out of my hand" Christ knows his sheep and they hear His voice and follow Him. In the fullness of time, the Father shall lose nothing.

Reactions: Noxot
Upvote 0

topcare

The Eucharist is Life
Apr 8, 2014
✟12,064.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Gee, I thought theology was a study of the bible, without bounds, silly me. If it ruffles your feathers that much, I will endeavor to select just the right venue.

Never said it ruffled my feathers. I am simply stating this sub forums intentions which is to discuss Traditional Theology from Traditional Churches and sources not just any theology. As stated in this sub forum guidelines:

Traditional Theology -- A forum dedicated to the respectful discussion of traditional, historic theology; liturgical practices, doctrines, dogmatics; Holy Scripture as found in the various cannons of the Church; Church History, etc.

http://www.christianforums.com/threads/traditional-theology-statement-of-purpose.7859802/

Reactions: graceandpeace
Upvote 0

ob77

Jun 1, 2014
✟470.00
Faith
Christian

I re read your post and something came to mind and that is conjuring the dead......Mediums and necromancers and such are to be put to death under God's law, yet, we put them on cable tv. There are such things as "familiar spirits" these are the spirits that roam over the earth at will gathering information on and about everyone. They impersonate those who have died, they have hung around long enough to know a person's likes and dislikes, who their friends and relatives are, certain events in their lives and so forth.........But they are also LIARS. Even though the medium may be accurately transmitting information to the dead one's relatives, it is dangerous, for the ones receiving the information, could affect what and how they believe and how they live out their own lives, based on nonsense. I know too many people myself, who have sought out mediums to find out what is what and they thrive upon it. It matters not what I say, nor does it matter to them that I can show them verbatim from the word of God that they should not partake in this, they do it anyway........for I am just another stupid Christian trying to spoil everyone's fun. So shall it be written.

Upvote 0

ob77

Jun 1, 2014
✟470.00
Faith
Christian
Never said it ruffled my feathers. I am simply stating this sub forums intentions which is to discuss Traditional Theology from Traditional Churches and sources not just any theology. As stated in this sub forum guidelines:

Traditional Theology -- A forum dedicated to the respectful discussion of traditional, historic theology; liturgical practices, doctrines, dogmatics; Holy Scripture as found in the various cannons of the Church; Church History, etc.

http://www.christianforums.com/threads/traditional-theology-statement-of-purpose.7859802/
So how many lashes shall I endure?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

James Is Back

CF's Official Locksmith
Aug 21, 2014
Oklahoma
✟32,480.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
EYgbC1W.gif

Thread moved from Traditional Theology to Controversial Theology (Christians only).

gUUo2FS.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dale

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2003
Sebring, FL
✟664,282.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Ob77 in OP:

<<

1. Satan will also go into this lake. He is the son of perdition. Perdition means to turn to ash from within and without - to perish.
>>

No it doesn't.

per·di·tion n. (in Christian theology) a state of eternal punishment and damnation into which a sinful and unpenitent person passes after death. <ORIGIN> late Middle English: from Old French perdiciun, from ecclesiastical Latin perditio(n-), from Latin perdere 'destroy', from per- 'completely, to destruction' + the base of dare 'put'.

(2010-04-01). The New Oxford American Dictionary (Kindle Locations 613391-613400). Oxford University Press. Kindle Edition.

Upvote 0

Dale

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2003
Sebring, FL
✟664,282.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Ob77 in OP:

<< Heaven is where God is and since the full Godhead defacto will be here on earth, you cannot have an open burning lake and thoughts of screaming tortured souls in it and have peace and no more tears. It would not be Heaven. >>

You are trying to to locate the Lake of Fire in Heaven? Where did you get that from? It's absurd. The Bible says no such thing. The Bible is perfectly clear that the Lake of Fire exists and that it is eternal and means eternal suffering for those who go there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

n2thelight

Jun 2, 2015
✟25,234.00
Faith
Non-Denom
@ OB77
Been over this many times,many don't understand that the lake of fire is where the 2nd death takes place,ie the death of the soul,not eternal torture........They think the soul is immortal automatically,which is false......

Think you would like the study on this subject from the below link

http://www.hellhadesafterlife.com/hell

Upvote 0

n2thelight

Jun 2, 2015
✟25,234.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Ob77 in OP:

You are trying to to locate the Lake of Fire in Heaven? Where did you get that from? It's absurd. The Bible says no such thing. The Bible is perfectly clear that the Lake of Fire exists and that it is eternal and means eternal suffering for those who go there.

The lake of fire is the death of the soul,period....Not even satan and his angels will suffer forever

Let's see what scriptures says about satans end

Ezekiel 28:18

"Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee."

Ezekiel 28:19

"All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more."

It can't be any clearer,satan will cease to exist,along with all who follows him into the lake of fire.....Simple as that!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ob77

Jun 1, 2014
✟470.00
Faith
Christian
Ob77 in OP:

<< Heaven is where God is and since the full Godhead defacto will be here on earth, you cannot have an open burning lake and thoughts of screaming tortured souls in it and have peace and no more tears. It would not be Heaven. >>

The lake of fire is not eternal, it is the death of those who go into it that is eternal. Christ will return for the millennium and after that the full God head defacto descends. The day of the judgment occurs here on earth and then the lake of fire where those who go into it perish and they are dead forever. Heaven is where God is and He will be on earth at that time. You cannot have Heaven in the same place as those who would be screaming in agony for an eternity. I do not serve that kind of God. nor should you.

Upvote 0

Dialogist

Jul 22, 2015
✟8,545.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
@ OB77
Been over this many times,many don't understand that the lake of fire is where the 2nd death takes place,ie the death of the soul,not eternal torture........They think the soul is immortal automatically,which is false......

Aw, come on. Don't make us buy the book!

Upvote 0

ob77

Jun 1, 2014
✟470.00
Faith
Christian
@ OB77

The spirit Immortal, so to speak for we saw those in Daniel in the fiery furnace escape harm from the heat.
Whether this lake of fire, is actual fire, we do not know, for we are not equipped with the knowledge of the Father as to what exactly can destroy a spirit, Our Father does, and the lake of fire is of course, a symbolic gesture. All we can gather is that it is a place where actual spirits can be destroyed, permanently, for these spirits are at the point of no return. They have already gone through the millennium teaching and since they are so steadfastly in allegiance with Satan, they cannot be swayed, for Satan , himself, has a belief that he will not fail. And will not die. In other words, he is calling God's bluff
He will lose or as some think , that the lake of fire will be a cleansing of sorts, that all these souls, including Satan, will be cleansed of all transgression from the past, and be remade anew. Upon my reading, these spirits will be destroyed, because they are so far gone, there is no hope for them, for upon further reading, we know that there are those who will perish, who, exactly we do not know at this time.

Upvote 0