HELL: THE HORRIBLE, HORRENDOUS HAVEN OF NO RETURN.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Even though such persons claim to be Catholic-Christians, it is not uncommon to hear them call into question some key doctrines; one of these is the reality of Hell. In fact, to deny the truth does not change the reality of such a truth. I can say that there is no wall, but if I walk into it (having denied its existence), I will end up with a bruise or two as well as a bump on my head.

Another common phenomenon is to hear the following: “I cannot see how a good God could send anyone to hell.” You probably have heard this assertion more than once. The problem with this assertion is that it is a half-truth, which by the way is a half-lie. It is murky, unclear and ambiguous to say that God does not want to send anyone to hell because in truth it is our choice due to an abuse of our freedom. In a word, instead of using our freedom, we end up abusing our freedom—this is called sin.

JESUS AND HELL. Jesus spoke about the reality of heaven—that He is going to prepare a place for us so that where He is we also might be. (Jn 14: 1-3) However, Jesus spoke much more frequently about the stark reality of hell. The reason for the multiple repetition of hell from the lips of the Master is pure love; He does not want us to end up in that horrible, horrendous haven of eternal torment and no-return.

Therefore, instead of spouting out various erroneous speculations that either hell does not exist or that practically nobody is going there, why not turn to the Master, Jesus Himself, and rely upon His words. Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Nobody comes to the Father except through Him. Jesus, in fact, speaks very frequently about the reality of Hell.

Continued below.