United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
*You are in the Catholic forum*

Bishop Robert Barron, the auxiliary bishop of Los Angeles and a pioneer of online evangelism, is hardly prone to controversy. Yet the telegenic prelate stirred something of a firestorm back in June that continues to spill ink today. In fact, it's not a new debate at all. Commenting on the Gospel reading for June 25 (Matthew 7), Bishop Barron noted that, "from time immemorial," people have asked who will be saved and who will be damned. In response, Bishop Barron argues...

Continued below.
Hell Is Real—and It Isn't Empty - Crisis Magazine

• Informative
Reactions: “Paisios”

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A good word and very much needed.

Working in the inner city, I was honest before Him that I lacked compassion for the lost - and please could He do something about it...

Within three days I had a very impacting dream - being led by an angel to the very rim of the pit... It was profoundly unpleasant - the smell - the horror...

Still in the dream I said to the angel who was holding my hand "Do I have to go any closer?

Of course there was no reason - the deed was done and the dream ended.

That permanently changed my attitudes.

I shared this dream with a few hundred youth in South Auckland and you could hear a pin drop.

We need to hear this - it anchors us in reality and restores a necessary sober view concerning our lives, Him, and the future eternity.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mantishand

May 31, 2018
Murica
✟57,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Working in the inner city, I was honest before Him that I lacked compassion for the lost - and please could He do something about it...

Within three days I had a very impacting dream - being led by an angel to the very rim of the pit... It was profoundly unpleasant - the smell - the horror...

Still in the dream I said to the angel who was holding my hand "Do I have no go any closer?

I shared this dream with a few hundred youth in South Auckland and you could hear a pin drop.

We need to hear this - it anchors us in reality and restores a necessary sober view concerning our lives, Him, and the future eternity.
Do you have a written story about that dream? I would love to read it if so.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
This a good article of St, Faustina's visit to hell: St. Faustina's Vision of Hell
From that article: "I, Sister Faustina Kowalska, by the order of God, have visited the Abysses of Hell so that I might tell souls about it and testify to its existence...the devils were full of hatred for me, but they had to obey me at the command of God, What I have written is but a pale shadow of the things I saw. But I noticed one thing: That most of the souls there are those who disbelieved that there is a hell." (Diary 741)

• Informative
Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I had a dream once that I was in purgatory. There was a lot of confusion, chaos and suffering. I was then taken to heaven and shown what I would look like there. A voice said "You will look like you did at 30." When I saw myself--I looked like myself, but in a more "perfected" form. Then I woke up.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,672,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This a good article of St, Faustina's visit to hell: St. Faustina's Vision of Hell
From that article: "I, Sister Faustina Kowalska, by the order of God, have visited the Abysses of Hell so that I might tell souls about it and testify to its existence...the devils were full of hatred for me, but they had to obey me at the command of God, What I have written is but a pale shadow of the things I saw. But I noticed one thing: That most of the souls there are those who disbelieved that there is a hell." (Diary 741)
I remember reading that experience in her diary.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I noticed in her diary, she said: "That most of the souls there are those who disbelieved that there is a hell."
That really saddens me since most of my family are atheists. :(

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,672,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I noticed in her diary, she said: "That most of the souls there are those who disbelieved that there is a hell."
That really saddens me since most of my family are atheists. :(
Well it seems many Christians believe the same. That is very sad as well. But I know dealing with unbelieving family is horrible. *hugs and prayers*

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Well it seems many Christians believe the same. That is very sad as well. But I know dealing with unbelieving family is horrible. *hugs and prayers*

Thanks Michie. :grinning: I'm going to continue to pray for them to convert and believe.

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian

Still in the dream I said to the angel who was holding my hand "Do I have to go any closer?

I think we struggle with compassion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums