• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Hell has to be...

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Michie, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+31,146
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Today we come to the final of the Four Last Things: Hell. I have written extensively on this topic over the years, largely in response to the widespread dismissal of the revealed doctrine of Hell. In contradiction of Scripture, many presume that Hell is an unlikely destination for most. Nevermind that Jesus taught the opposite...

Continued below.
    http://blog.adw.org/2017/11/hell-has-to-be-2/

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Thedictator

Thedictator Retired Coach, Now Missionary to the World

+507
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    False Teachers care little about truth, they only care about how a particular doctrine will benefit them, either emotionally, financially, or the cumulation of power.

3. 1am3laine

1am3laine Active Member

+174
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    Yes JESUS actually wrote that MOST people would go to hell because they weren't strong enough and loved him enough to be good ground.
    (Mark 4:13-20, Matthew 7:13-14)
    Out of all 4 the the scenarios in the Main Parable only 1 did well which was the last short verse in Mark 4:20 the 30,60,100 fold.

Hell is a very terrible place with different levels (Luke 12:47-48).
    It's a places of torments (plural). (Luke 16:23)
    People in some area's get gang-raped in hot poop and [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] while hearing horrid blasphemies without rest.

Hell you don't want to go there.

4. Dave-W

Dave-W Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner! Supporter

+16,542
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others

5. Dave G.

Dave G. Well-Known Member

+3,844
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Scripture also says there will be a time where they won't endure sound doctrine. Hell is a very real part of sound doctrine. But today that topic will empty your church if you preach on that too much.

6. Michie

+31,146
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
  7. LivingWordUnity

LivingWordUnity Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic

+11,119
    Catholic
    Married
    "But wait a minute; doesn’t everyone want to go to Heaven? Yes, but it is often a 'heaven' as they define it, not the real Heaven. Many people understand Heaven egocentrically: It’s a place where they will be happy on their own terms, where what pleases them will be available in abundance. The real Heaven is the Kingdom of God in all its fullness. So while everyone wants to go to a 'heaven' as they define it, not everyone wants to live in the Kingdom of God in all its fullness." - Msgr. Charles Pope

The Twilight Zone did an episode ("A Nice Place to Visit") which makes that point.

8. Stabat

Stabat Stat Crux, dum volvitur orbis Supporter

+7,530
    Denmark
    Traditional. Cath.
    Single
    The majority of the world believe in either nothing or a false God so yes, there will be lots of souls missing their purpose not to mention all lukewarm Christians facing gehenna for their apostasy and betrayal of Christ in favour of the world. Satan and his pride.

It's tragic to think about how people spend their life on meaningless temporary things while forgetting the Lord. The below scripture comes to mind.

Luke 14:15-24 New American Bible (Revised Edition) (NABRE)

15 One of his fellow guests on hearing this said to him, “Blessed is the one who will dine in the kingdom of God.” 16 He replied to him, “A man gave a great dinner to which he invited many. 17 When the time for the dinner came, he dispatched his servant to say to those invited, ‘Come, everything is now ready.’ 18 But one by one, they all began to excuse themselves. The first said to him, ‘I have purchased a field and must go to examine it; I ask you, consider me excused.’ 19 And another said, ‘I have purchased five yoke of oxen and am on my way to evaluate them; I ask you, consider me excused.’ 20 And another said, ‘I have just married a woman, and therefore I cannot come.’ 21 The servant went and reported this to his master. Then the master of the house in a rage commanded his servant, ‘Go out quickly into the streets and alleys of the town and bring in here the poor and the crippled, the blind and the lame.’ 22 The servant reported, ‘Sir, your orders have been carried out and still there is room.’ 23 The master then ordered the servant, ‘Go out to the highways and hedgerows and make people come in that my home may be filled. 24 For, I tell you, none of those men who were invited will taste my dinner.’”

9. Michie

+31,146
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
  10. LivingWordUnity

LivingWordUnity Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic

+11,119
    Catholic
    Married
    "As for the wailing and grinding of teeth, this double image makes it clear that it has nothing to do with sorrowful repentance. The wailing is linked to anger, expressed in the grinding of teeth. This is an angry sorrow at having been conquered, having been bested, having lost. The defiant refusal to repent from serious sins and the anger at 'being told what to do' are the source of this anger. No, the sorrow is not a contrition leading to repentance, but a kind of anger that grinds away in the gnashing of teeth."
    - Msgr. Charles Pope, Nov. 20, 2017

There appears to be a foretaste of this in the world already.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. Deniea

Deniea New Member

+8
    Bulgaria
    Christian
    Married
    Romans 9:27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved: