Hegelian Dialectic and Darwinism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imaginosis

Feb 13, 2005
✟645.00
Faith
Christian
According to Karl Marx, Charles Darwin posited the Hegelian Dialectic in his book The Origin of Species. In natural selection, Marx saw the Hegelian Dialectic manifested in the following manner:

Species (Thesis) interacting with their environment (Antithesis) create new species (Synthesis).

To show his appreciation to Darwin for positing Hegels Dialectic, Marx dedicated his book Das Kapital to Darwin. Darwin, who never intended to posit Hegels Dialectic, wasn't enthused with the compliment and distanced himself from Marx.

DailyBlessings

O Christianos Cryptos; Amor Vincit Omnia!
Oct 21, 2004
Berkeley, CA
Visit site
✟30,234.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Interesting comment on Marx's part. I can see why Darwin would have been dismayed- his conception of evolution did not involve a synthesis of any sort, more like a stimulus/response. Hegel and Fichte, I'm sure, would be no more impressed by the accusation.

Upvote 0

LightHorseman

Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2006
✟10,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
AU-Liberals
It demonstrates how the evolutionary theory is linked to Marxism. Remember, ulterior motives are at work.

No, it relates how MARXISM is linked to EVOLUTIONARY THEORY.

Two different things, and the continued attempt to discredit evolution by linking it to all manner of distasteful or outdated theories, methods, conventions and beliefs, even though they have NOTHING to do with an understanding of what evolutionists have to say, is extremly intellectually dishonest.

If you want to prove evolution wrong, do what I do, just provide evolutionists with unimpeachable examples of theistic intervention in controlled biological experiments. Easy, and no lying required.

Upvote 0

Mallon

Senior Veteran
Mar 6, 2006
✟22,892.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
If you want to prove evolution wrong, do what I do, just provide evolutionists with unimpeachable examples of theistic intervention in controlled biological experiments. Easy, and no lying required.
Now I'm even more confused. I thought you were a TE, LightHorseman.

Upvote 0

DailyBlessings

Oct 21, 2004
Berkeley, CA
Visit site
✟30,234.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Now I'm even more confused. I thought you were a TE, LightHorseman.
I suspect that was more sarcasm- God hasn't intervened in any controlled biological experiments of late, that I've heard of.

Upvote 0

LightHorseman

Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2006
✟10,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
AU-Liberals
I suspect that was more sarcasm- God hasn't intervened in any controlled biological experiments of late, that I've heard of.

*ROTFLMAO* Come on, you arent seriously suggesting that everyone who supports Creation Science is doing so without clear, repeatable experimental evidence are you? Thats the stupidest thing I've ever heard! How can you call something Creation Science if it doesnt involve experimentation?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

shernren

you are not reading this.
Feb 17, 2005
Shah Alam, Selangor
Visit site
✟26,381.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
*ROTFLMAO* Come on, you arent seriously suggesting that everyone who supports Creation Science is doing so without clear, repeatable experimental evidence are you? Thats the stupidest thing I've ever heard! How can you call something Creation Science if it doesnt involve experimentation?

I'm confused. Is this a Poe's?

Upvote 0

LightHorseman

Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2006
✟10,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
AU-Liberals
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightHorseman

I'm confused. Is this a Poe's?

*re reads* take it how you like. Looks like a fair question to me. How CAN you call something Creation SCIENCE if it doesnt involve experimentation?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mallon

Senior Veteran
Mar 6, 2006
✟22,892.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Why? I'm stating a truth.
Oh. Do you similarly feel that because Hitler felt he was doing the work of the Lord, this somehow devalues Christianity? Or what about the Crusades?

The misapplication of the biological theory of evolution to social darwinism is similarly a logical fallacy.

Upvote 0

DailyBlessings

Oct 21, 2004
Berkeley, CA
Visit site
✟30,234.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
TE is the closest to what I believe. However I find such rigid strictures... limiting, and less than helpful.
Yeh, that's why I stopped using the label. Confuses folks.

Upvote 0

LightHorseman

Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2006
✟10,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
AU-Liberals
Well, I whole heartedly agree that saying Evolution is poor theory because of any relation to Marx can only be said by someone with zero grasp of causality.

I seriously had someone try to tell me that Darwinian theory is wrong because it promotes inappropriate behavior with animals the other day. I asked him about pre Darwinian inappropriate behavior with animals as mentioned in the Bible, but he declined to reply

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.