Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If you first glance at this picture don't you think that it looks like heaven should look?
I do. It looks so peaceful with gentle colors.:oldthumbsup::happyblush:
garden-in-paris-768x460.jpg

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Port town on west (tan sands) shore line of MI
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hope cats are in Heaven too.

Hand-Paintind-Oil-Painting-Jim-Warren-Art-All-Cats-Go-To-Heaven-Abstract-Animals-Canvas-Wall.jpg
NO! IMO that would be hell. LOL

God gives us a picture that beats any other in Revelations. We will not be like we are now. We will probably have no desire for the things that our present mortal minds desire. Heaven will not be about what we want or desire anyway.

Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh! I forgot to say this. I love your pen name. Been on my thoughts heavily lately. I actually tried to change my title under the Avatar to that yesterday but couldn't find the way to do it. I did it once but forgot how. I also have been thinking about putting a poster out in the front yard that ALL lives matter. Yesterday, I added it as my status on my acct here. Franklin Graham has also been posting articles relative to the sports arena and "all lives matter", lately, on my FB line thing.

Upvote 0

Sorn

Jan 8, 2018
Perth
✟178,663.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
NO! IMO that would be hell. LOL

God gives us a picture that beats any other in Revelations. We will not be like we are now. We will probably have no desire for the things that our present mortal minds desire. Heaven will not be about what we want or desire anyway.
Except that God said He made us in His image, so we can't be more like Him now than we will be then. We will still want things and want to do things, just what is the question.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How can it be heaven if Christ is not there?

I see a river and a fountain of life and a tree of life, these are 'pictures' of Christ in heaven. All the other images of earth and our earthly firmanent (the sky), cats, dogs, squirrels, peacocks, mean nothing to me

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sorn

Jan 8, 2018
Perth
✟178,663.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I see a river and a fountain of life and a tree of life, these are pictures of Christ. All the other images mean nothing to me
Others may like to use their imaginations more.

Think how big our universe is. The kingdom of heaven will be bigger, not smaller.

Upvote 0

icxn

Bραδύγλωσσος αἰπόλος μαθητεύων κνίζειν συκάμινα
Dec 13, 2004
✟210,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I see a river and a tree of life, these are pictures of Christ in heaven. All the other images mean nothing to me
I commend you for captivating those symbols and making them obedient to Christ. (2 Corinthians 10:5)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Others may like to use their imaginations more.

Think how big our universe is. The kingdom of heaven will be bigger, not smaller.

animals, earthly structures, etc? I put no hope, faith and desire in all of those material things.

Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Except that God said He made us in His image, so we can't be more like Him now than we will be then. We will still want things and want to do things, just what is the question.
That is a nice thought except for the fact that Adam and Eve forsake that image and we offspring are now in Adam's sinful image.

Ge 5:3 NIV "When Adam had lived 130 years, he had a son in his own likeness, in his own image; and he named him Seth."

1 Cor 15:49 NIV "And just as we have borne the likeness of the earthly man, so also shall we bear the likeness of the heavenly man."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sorn

Jan 8, 2018
Perth
✟178,663.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is a nice thought except for the fact that Adam and Eve forsake that image and we offspring are now in Adam's sinful image.

Ge 5:3 NIV "When Adam had lived 130 years, he had a son in his own likeness, in his own image; and he named him Seth."

1 Cor 15:49 NIV "And just as we have borne the likeness of the earthly man, so also shall we bear the likeness of the heavenly man."

Except that in the garden of eden God said to Adam & Eve (paraphrased) eat what you want as often as you want (ie try new things), go where you want (ie explore), get to know the animals (be curious), with the one exception of course.
You need some desire to do these things otherwise they would be content staying near the same tree and eating the same fruit.
In heaven there will be things to do, places to see, experiences to have and it will be ok to want to do these things.

Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
with the one exception of course.

There were TWO exceptions. I think that you need to read your Bible more. It is NOT about what we think but what God thinks.

Sorn also said," You need some desire to do these things otherwise they would be content staying near the same tree and eating the same fruit.
In heaven there will be things to do, places to see, experiences to have and it will be ok to want to do these things."

What you or I desire is much different than what sinless and naive/innocent (perfect and ignorant of the knowledge of good and evil) Adam and Eve desired before the fall of man.

Besides, we mortals with our fleshly tent and carnal yearnings, are far from anything like we will be in heaven. It will be all about Christ there. Even the crowns that we may have achieved here on earth for His glory will be surrendered and joyously thrown at His feet for HIS glory and Honor there as we begin our time there. It will be all about HIM. Again, read your Bible and you will know this, also.

Every one of us deserves to burn continually in hell for all eternity, nothing less. To be loved and saved from that destiny and welcomed into the abode of our Savior and God for all eternity is more than enough for which to be hoped or desired. What we do there is of no significance. We will be safe and loved and free of the troubles of this world forever and ever. Isn't that enough to desire???

Last edited:
Upvote 0