USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I constantly hear brethren just repeating what some preacher taught that hasn't done their homework on the matter of the heavenly future in God's written Word. So if you wonder what it's actually going to be like once Lord Jesus returns to this earth as written, then stay tuned, because I'm going to cover the Ezekiel 47 chapter here which is just about that very truth in God's Word.

Just so ya know, the Ezekiel 40 through 47 chapters are all future Millennial chapters for after Christ's future return. They show the details and layout of God's "house", you know, the "house" that has "many mansions" which Lord Jesus said in John 14 that He goes to prepare a place for His faithful elect (i.e., abodes per the Greek).

This Ezekiel 47 chapter is about the return of God's River of Genesis 2 which was once upon this earth with Him, and it flowed out of His Garden of Eden, which was then upon this earth, and it fed four other rivers upon the earth. Revelation 22 reveals the return of this River of the Waters of Life back upon this earth, and it is not a spiritual metaphor. It will be a very real event.

Ezekiel 47
1 Afterward he brought me again unto the door of the house; and, behold, waters issued out from under the threshold of the house eastward: for the forefront of the house stood toward the east, and the waters came down from under from the right side of the house, at the south side of the altar.

This angel is showing Ezekiel a vision of God's future "house" upon the earth which is in the future time of Christ's Millennial temple, with details of its layout in the previous 40 thru 46 chapters. Here Ezekiel sees waters emitting out from under the threshold of the "house" going to the east. Those waters are shown originating "at the south side of the altar". These waters are about God's River of the waters of life (see Revelation 22 also).

2 Then brought he me out of the way of the gate northward, and led me about the way without unto the utter gate by the way that looketh eastward; and, behold, there ran out waters on the right side.

Ezekiel is taken out the gate northward unto the outer ("utter") gate that looks to the east. From there the waters ran out on the right side.

3 And when the man that had the line in his hand went forth eastward, he measured a thousand cubits, and he brought me through the waters; the waters were to the ankles.

This angel had a measuring line, and measured a thousand cubits (about 1500 feet) out into the flowing waters, and the water level was up to Ezekiel's ankles.

4 Again he measured a thousand, and brought me through the waters; the waters were to the knees. Again he measured a thousand, and brought me through; the waters were to the loins.

The angel measured again, and the waters were up to Ezekiel's knees. He measured another 1,000, and the waters were up to Ezekiel's loins.

5 Afterward he measured a thousand; and it was a river that I could not pass over: for the waters were risen, waters to swim in, a river that could not be passed over.

Then the angels measured a final thousand cubits, and the waters were such a flowing river that it could not be passed over. If you need help visualizing this, look up a YouTube video about river rapids.

6 And he said unto me, "Son of man, hast thou seen this?" Then he brought me, and caused me to return to the brink of the river.

Then the angel brings Ezekiel back to the bank of the river.

7 Now when I had returned, behold, at the bank of the river were very many trees on the one side and on the other.

When Ezekiel returned to the river bank, then he saw many trees on both sides of that river.

8 Then said he unto me, "These waters issue out toward the east country, and go down into the desert, and go into the sea: which being brought forth into the sea, the waters shall be healed."

Those waters flow toward the east, down into the desert, and go into the sea. And by this river, those waters will be healed. Apparently, this is what God's River does, heals whatever waters upon the earth it will contact.

9 And it shall come to pass, that every thing that liveth, which moveth, whithersoever the rivers shall come, shall live: and there shall be a very great multitude of fish, because these waters shall come thither: for they shall be healed; and every thing shall live whither the river cometh.

And there it is. Wherever the River flows, it will heal those waters upon the earth. And not only will it cleanse those waters, but will provide for very many fish in them, thus healing the earth's waters. And remember per Revelation 22, there will be no more seas (oceans), so these waters that are healed have to be pointing to rivers and lakes, and little seas, not big oceans like the Atlantic and Pacific.

10 And it shall come to pass, that the fishers shall stand upon it from En-gedi even unto En-eglaim; they shall be a place to spread forth nets; their fish shall be according to their kinds, as the fish of the great sea, exceeding many.
11 But the miry places thereof and the marishes thereof shall not be healed; they shall be given to salt.

Then the angel gives Ezekiel a detail of the area of the earth where God's River will flow, En-gedi and En-eglaim in the middle east. En-gedi is a place in today's Israel east near the Dead Sea, and has natural springs, and is a wildlife refuge.

12 And by the river upon the bank thereof, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months, because their waters they issued out of the sanctuary: and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine.
KJV

On both sides of the River which Ezekiel saw, were these trees for meat, their leaves not fading, and their fruit never consumed away. They will bear new fruits per their months, and this because of the healing of God's River that will flow out from under the sanctuary of God's "house". The leaf will be for medicine.

Where else have we heard about these trees and this River? In the Revelation 22 chapter. Yet how many times has Revelation 22 been actually explained to you, like how Ezekiel here saw it?? What I hear preached most often is some metaphorical spiritual philosophy, like the River of the Waters of Life is just some spiritual idea, and not literal. Lord Jesus did also use it as a metaphor in John 4 about the living waters at the well with the Samaritan woman. But He was actually pointing to this River here of the future that will flow out from under the sanctuary of God's "house" in His future Kingdom here on earth.

The remaining part of the 47th chapter is God giving Ezekiel the layout of Israel's future inheritance in the lands of promise. And even though it mentions the tribes of Israel, God also says this of those who also inherit the land there...

Ezek 47:22-23
22 And it shall come to pass, that ye shall divide it by lot for an inheritance unto you,
and to the strangers that sojourn among you, which shall beget children among you: and they shall be unto you as born in the country among the children of Israel; they shall have inheritance with you among the tribes of Israel.

23 And it shall come to pass,
that in what tribe the stranger sojourneth, there shall ye give him his inheritance, saith the Lord GOD.
KJV

That "stranger" given inheritance means us Gentiles in Christ, yo!

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I constantly hear brethren just repeating what some preacher taught that hasn't done their homework on the matter of the heavenly future in God's written Word. So if you wonder what it's actually going to be like once Lord Jesus returns to this earth as written, then stay tuned, because I'm going to cover the Ezekiel 47 chapter here which is just about that very truth in God's Word.

Just so ya know, the Ezekiel 40 through 47 chapters are all future Millennial chapters for after Christ's future return.
All based on your personal interpretation of prophetic riddles, which are not given clearly (Nu 12:8), and which personal interpretation is in disagreement with much authoritative NT apostolic teaching in the NT.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
All based on your personal interpretation of prophetic riddles, which are not given clearly (Nu 12:8), and which personal interpretation is in disagreement with much authoritative NT apostolic teaching in the NT.
For you to say that would mean YOU REFUSE TO BELIEVE THE REVELATION 22 CHAPTER ALSO...

Rev 22:1-5
And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and His servants shall serve Him:

And they shall see His face; and His name shall be in their foreheads.

5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.
KJV

Thanks for revealing yourself to us Clare73, showing us that you do NOT believe another portion of God's Word as written. If you keep going like this, I wonder just how much of The New Testament Books you do believe.

Upvote 0