Bioconservative
May 9, 2011
✟9,222.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Piper said:
"If books go beyond Scripture, I doubt what they say about Heaven," he says.

I agree with Piper.

My co-worker read this book and watched the film. She discussed with me briefly the youth seeing small and large angels. This statement threw me off because everytime I listen to pastor Stephen Armstrong's podcasts, I recall him repeating the angels instuctions to whomever will receive a message when they first encounter the angels: "Do not be afraid." Angel warriors!

One actor in the film is hush hush about any opportunities taken to read Scripture and offer an acceptance of the Gospel.

Surveys taken to record viewer feedback would be a positive turn. (If I were a secular individual without any background in any supernatural entity and watched this film, I would start asking questions.)

• Informative
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0
D

DiligentlySeekingGod

I agree with Piper.

My co-worker read this book and watched the film. She discussed with me briefly the youth seeing small and large angels. This statement threw me off because everytime I listen to pastor Stephen Armstrong's podcasts, I recall him repeating the angels instructions to whomever will receive a message when they first encounter the angels: "Do not be afraid." Angel warriors!

One actor in the film is hush hush about any opportunities taken to read Scripture and offer an acceptance of the Gospel.

Surveys taken to record viewer feedback would be a positive turn. (If I were a secular individual without any background in any supernatural entity and watched this film, I would start asking questions.)

I agree with him too. I also agree with what you said. Well said. I'm not going to go see it, just as I'm not going to go see the Hollywood movie Noah.

Upvote 0

SepiaAndDust

There's a FISH in the percolator
May 6, 2012
Mid-America
✟26,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
What's the story? Heaven is real, like Narnia?

Kid croaks, sees his family doing stuff, goes to heaven, meets his miscarried sister there, comes back knowing things he "couldn't possibly know", and tells everybody about how real heaven is.

Oh, and it's all a true story, Bro.

Look into what actually happened, though, and you'll find that the kid never died at all and that the parents scripted out the whole thing for him to recite.

IOW, a load of feelgood hooey making the rounds as a documentary.

Buuuut... it has an actual Jesus horse in it!

Upvote 0

Diane L

Aug 29, 2018
Southern CA
✟15,201.00
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Hello everyone. Just an FYI.... there were TWO books that came out around the same time. One is called "Heaven Is For Real." It was turned into the movie your posts speak of, and it IS real. The young boy had those experiences and, his father is still a preacher. The other is called "The Boy Who Went to Heaven." This book was pulled because the boy admitted that he did not have the experience.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...go-to-heaven-publisher-says-it-will-pull-book

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,708.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Hello everyone. Just an FYI.... there were TWO books that came out around the same time. One is called "Heaven Is For Real." It was turned into the movie your posts speak of, and it IS real. The young boy had those experiences[...]
How do you know?

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic