• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Heaven for aspies

bmjackson

Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2007
UK
✟293,276.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Mmmm...

Sorry buddy, there will be no Aspies in heaven.

On the way upstairs they get a new mind.

Carl you obviously do not know about the syndrome at all to make that statement.

Let me educate you - it is a neurological problem not a mental health problem, and those who do have co morbid mental health problems probably do so because they have been treated when young with psychoactive drugs instead of receiving the compassion and help they needed at the time, and their minds are now screwed up with pharmaceuticals.

I am quite happy with the way my mind works, as I find myself much more intelligent than the average person, due no doubt the extra neural pathways that developed in my early childhood. I can see the whole picture when they can often just see in parts.

It is the neurological damage that I will be pleased to get rid of like the light and sound senstivity and requirement for a more peaceful environment than NT's provide so that I can concentrate.

I am very pleased with my aspie traits like complete and utter honesty and find it hard to live amongst NT's but I guess we will be on a level pegging in heaven and I will no longer have to put up with their ignorance and rejection.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am confident that God knows exactly what your eternal state needs to be - we are all in for some surprises. We will all discover the person He planned us to be. None of us are fully redeemed in this life - and all the more as a family we will relate like never before. No regrets, no frustration, no pain, these temporary sufferings will pale into insignificance.

Upvote 0

Glass*Soul

Senior Veteran
May 14, 2005
✟31,902.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Sorry for the sad interpretation you are presenting - I can assure you that such concerns will melt away if you choose to be with Jesus when these events overtake us as they certainly will. Then no good thing will be lost and your final state of being will be way beyond the best you could ever imagine if you choose Him - so chill - then it most certainly wont be chilling as you suggest.

Well, that is a pretty good example of hand-waving someone's actual concerns away with religious language. I'm not worried about Jesus. I'm worried about the lack of respect you expressed for the minds of autistic people. And it was so facile.

Sorry buddy, there will be no Aspies in heaven.

On the way upstairs they get a new mind.

That right there is what worried me.

Some actual biblical eschatology: "He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." Rev. 21:4

My friends, it is not a mind wipe. It is the wiping away of tears in a new order of things that doesn't hurt anymore. So, no. Heaven will not do a violence to the senses of world weary autistics. That's the answer for those who believe.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Jackson, to the contraruy Asperger's syndrome is both physical and psychological. Mind drugs do help. Of course we would not need drugs if everyone accepted us for who we are and acted accordingly, but when I take one it helps me. The drug itself is not the problem, but the fact my life would be awful without one.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Rene, the belief some Aspies have is neurotypicals make life worse by not accepting them as they are. All of the stigma, discrimination, and mistreatment is their fault, not ours. We are isolated because others do not want to be with us. That is their problem. They make choices that cause problems for us. Having a lot of meltdowns and sensory issues obviously come from the syndrome itself, but the other stuff, that is not coming from our heads.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Rene, you don't have to ask God for anything in Heaven. There cannot be a Heaven with suffering. We all will be perfect in God's image with no fear of being stigmatized, abused, discriminated, or mistreated. Not a single person will want to do any of that. It would make no sense to believe suffering will continue after our deaths, whether it is the ASD symptoms themselves or how other people think of us. Life is perfect in Heaven.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
You know what Rene? God did not make you suffer. He is gulity of nothing. It is everyone else's fault that when we struggle because of our autistic traits, they turn against us. Their behaviors are sinful. God gave us ASD for a reason. We don't know what it is or understand it, but the Bible says there is a reason for all things and everytbhing that happens. Ask God why He made you autistic and what to do about it.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you think they look forward to heaven? Sure it's better than hell but the description of heavenly events in Revelation about the loud trumpets, Angelic singing and worship can easily cause a meltdown in any aspies. They couldn't even endure a day let alone eternity.
They will be perfect, they won't have Asperger's nor will anyone on the spectrum still be disabled.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Rene, in no way are we second-class citizens. That would make all disabled people second-class citizens - including those who treat autistics as such. God does not prefer one of his children over another. We are all His children. Otherwise He would not be a loving God.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
They will be perfect, they won't have Asperger's nor will anyone on the spectrum still be disabled.

And all who were mean to them on Earth will sin against former Aspies no longer.

• Winner
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jackson, to the contraruy Asperger's syndrome is both physical and psychological. Mind drugs do help. Of course we would not need drugs if everyone accepted us for who we are and acted accordingly, but when I take one it helps me. The drug itself is not the problem, but the fact my life would be awful without one.
Have you ever heard of Temple Grandin? She's on the autism spectrum and has written many books and given lectures on this subject. She says she does use antidepressants even though she is highly respected and has an amazing career as a professor of animal science at Colorado State University. She said she wouldn't want her brain changed in anyway, but that's easy to say when you are successful.
When my grandson was diagnosed one of the things that gave us encouragement was the occupational therapist naming some very successful people on the spectrum. She told us to expect him to do well and encourage him to overcome the things holding him back as best as he could. He's 14 now and it's been an amazing and wonderful journey, we are so proud of him.

Welcome to Temple Grandin's Official Autism Website
Temple Grandin - Wikipedia

I think this is probably a better talk.

Last edited:
Upvote 0