Illinois
✟176,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
From your study what is your conclusion?

Mine is subject to change, and my current view is when someone dies they are in sleep in the grave until Jesus comes back a 2nd time to judge to the world. The believers who remained with Jesus will enter heaven, and the unbelievers will be experiencing the 2nd death but not tormented forever but instead annihilated and ceased to exist.

Been reading about how doctrines of man and Greek philosophy that explained about heaven and hell was being spread around instead of what the Bible actually says. But still, my view is subject to change.

The Rich man and Lazarus is said to be a parable and not literal.

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, at least 3 entities are said to Suffer and be tormented forever in the Lake of Fire:

Revelation 20:10
10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night forever and ever.

What scriptures do you believe support that anyone else sent there will not suffer a similar fate?

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Mine is subject to change, and my current view is when someone dies they are in sleep in the grave until Jesus comes back a 2nd time to judge to the world. The believers who remained with Jesus will enter heaven, and the unbelievers will be experiencing the 2nd death but not tormented forever but instead annihilated and ceased to exist.

Been reading about how doctrines of man and Greek philosophy that explained about heaven and hell was being spread around instead of what the Bible actually says. But still, my view is subject to change.

The Rich man and Lazarus is said to be a parable and not literal

Considering that Lazarus was raised after being dead more than 3 days and being mentioned in only 3 chapters of the NT [Luke and John], and is about the Resurrection, it is a pretty important covenantle parable.

Rich man and Lazarus:

https://www.christianforums.com/threads/full-preterist-safe-house.7784643/page-9#post-73171393

https://www.christianforums.com/threads/full-preterist-safe-house.7784643/page-9#post-73171482

Luke 16:29
"Abraham said to him, 'They have Moses and the prophets;
let them hear them.'

1417505568-Fishing-Best-Demotivational-Posters.jpg

Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Our body is of this earth and does not leave the earth. Our body would not do us any good in Heaven anyways. Heaven is a much bigger planet then the earth and the physical conditions are different. In Heaven we still have our Spiritual body and our soul. One of the conditions that is different is water does not stick to us there. If we were to go for a swim in the crystal sea when we get out we would be dry. The water would not stick to us the way water does here. Our spiritual body does not age the way our physical body does.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Attachments

• Asian-Carp-1cbe01u.jpg
    Asian-Carp-1cbe01u.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 4
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Our body is of this earth and does not leave the earth. Our body would not do us any good in Heaven anyways. Heaven is a much bigger planet then the earth and the physical conditions are different. In Heaven we still have our Spiritual body and our soul. One of the conditions that is different is water does not stick to us there. If we were to go for a swim in the crystal sea when we get out we would be dry. The water would not stick to us the way water does here. Our spiritual body does not age the way our physical body does.
What is the source of your knowledge on this??

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I think that this is a SDA belief but I do see some logic in it.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is the source of your knowledge on this??
A lot of different places. I have had dreams about heaven. Also there is a women that has a lot of videos on youtube named Kat Kerr. She talks a lot about Heaven.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married

Even if the Rich Man and Lazarus were a parable, and there's no reason to consider it as such, it would still reflect the current state of things, and that is consciousness of both the redeemed and the damned after death.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Someone may read the following study on the Parable of the Rich Man and Lazarus.

SeventyOne, you are incorrect, that the Greek word parable [parabole], means a similitude, or something which is in comparison or likened unto something else. In other words, a story of one thing that is an analogy of something else. Often seen as a narrative in symbolism, a biblical parable is a story from a human perspective that has a deeper spiritual meaning (conveying some moral truth), in comparison to that symbolism. The question is, is the story of the rich man and Lazarus a parable or an actual event? The short answer is yes, it is a parable. And the deeper spiritual meaning of this parable found of Luke chapter 16, is the nation of Israel. We will examine this conclusion in the study linked above.

Upvote 0