• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Heart problems

Going Merry

‏‏‏‏ ‏‏‏‏
Mar 14, 2012
✟16,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi so I don't really know what to say here. I wanted to bring up some problems I have. I have these often, in fact my heart feels like it aches right now for some reason.

Anyway I will share a little bit of what I experienced so far. I keep all of this to my self so no one knows about it yet.

I was sleeping and was woken up to my heart acting up. For 10-15 minutes it was beating wildly, and it felt like it was struggling with how much it was moving in my chest. I figured I was going to die so I just laid there and waited, but it went away instead. I have had palpitations that were really weird. It also sometimes feels like I get heart burns a lot, but it's not actually a heart burn, you know.. my heart just heats up a lot and it radiates through my chest. My skin and everything get really warm and it makes my skin sore even. I have been dealing with this over two years now. I remember having it act up really bad and I almost threw up... I had numb faces, numb hands.. I am not afraid or anything, hey if my heart fails whatever you know but I want to see if I can prevent my health from going down too much.

I am not super out of shape but I could be better, but I did do a half marathon in a hour and 36 minutes if it's something you can gauge that by. Anyways thanks if anyone is knowledgeable about this stuff :) God bless

I know the forum guidelines restrict a lot you can say, but I just want to ask what sorts of things it could be linked to with what I said.

May 29, 2012
✟7,760.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
hl2- I hope you are doing well!

from what it sounds like, you are just suffering from high blood pressure. High blood pressure is a very common thing and very treatable. There are over 100 different medications that your doctor can prescribe and the most common ones usually have no serious side effects.

I am not trying to scare you when I say this, I just want you to be very cautious- high blood pressure, when left untreated, can lead to other very serious diseases, such as kidney failure, congestive heart failure, stroke, blood clots and many more.

I encourage you to go see your physician. Although you can see a cardiologist if you would like, most primary care physicians should be able to diagnose your problem and prescribe the proper medications. The fast beating heart, warm/ sore skin and flushing of the skin- and all of your other side effects will go away if this is treated.

If you are worried about the cost of the medications, many pharmacies have good deals on some of the most common generic medications prescribed. I believe walmart has a $4 per month prescription plan, CVS and Walgreens have a $12 for 3 months prescription plan, etc.

[I tried to post links to the list of medications from CVS and Walmart, but I am not yet able to post links. a simple google search will take you where you need to go to find this list of medications]

there are over 100 different medications on these lists that you can get for a very low price. Print these out and take it with you to your doctor's appointment and s/he may pick any one of them that will both treat your condition and be very cost effective.

If you have any questions or other concerns, please feel free to ask me via this thread or send me a PM

pray for me

Upvote 0

Leonarrdo

Jun 6, 2012
✟119.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Heart is the most important organ of our body. A healthy heart is very essential to live happy and joyful life. There are many cardio exercise which are good for heart like walking, jogging, swimming, cycling and etc. Cardio exercises pumps your heart fast and increase circulation of blood vessels. They are good to burn fat around heart and clear cholesterol.

Upvote 0

SnowCal

50 Cent Party
Jan 24, 2012
✟9,835.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I just want to clear something up. If you called your doctor right now and told him "Doc, my heart is beating really funny, I'm having chest pain and tightness that radiates throughout my chest, and I feel really nauseated and almost need to throw up" he would tell you to hang up and call 911 because you have the textbook symptoms of a heart attack. Know these symptoms people. If you or somebody else has these symptoms call 911. Heart disease is a leading killer of Americans. Don't let you or a loved one become a statistic.

In this case the OP wasn't having a heart attack but probably something close. I'm thinking of angina or some sort of dysrhythmia. Either way you should see a doctor about this. If angina they'll probably prescribe some meds to help with things like blood pressure or cholesterol if those are issues. They might also give you a drug called nitroglycerin to specifically treat the angina. It works very well and along with aspirin is also the main drug used to treat most heart attacks. Nitro can keep angina from becoming a full blown heart attack. Gives you a headache though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟417,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I take meds for hbp and had a heart attack 9 years ago. Am getting old but need to live longer. Meds is the only way I know to go. My dad had arrhythmia and then the gave him 5 bypasses.
Lot of heart disease In my family back to the 50’s.

• Prayers
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0