the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,954.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Really strange.

Sometimes when I'm watching a movie at home, when I misheard a dialogue, I would replay the scene. I do this very often.

It happened a couple times when a movie I'm watching has an "extra" who speaks in a foreign language I have no knowledge of and no subtitles.

But I heard them speak in English very clearly! By chance, I misheard the English speaking character so upon replaying the scene, The foreign extra this time, speaks in their native language I couldn't understand at all.

When I google what they really said and turns up exactly the same thing I heard the first time when I remember hearing their speech in English!

It's a bit unsettling and confusing once you realize what just happened. But hope it happens more often or anytime anyone speaks in a language other than English. You can imagine how incredibly useful this gift would be.

Not sure if this fits any of the spiritual gifts.

Reactions: DennisTate

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Really strange.

Sometimes when I'm watching a movie at home, when I misheard a dialogue, I would replay the scene. I do this very often.

It happened a couple times when a movie I'm watching has an "extra" who speaks in a foreign language I have no knowledge of and no subtitles.

But I heard them speak in English very clearly! By chance, I misheard the English speaking character so upon replaying the scene, The foreign extra this time, speaks in their native language I couldn't understand at all.

When I google what they really said and turns up exactly the same thing I heard the first time when I remember hearing their speech in English!

It's a bit unsettling and confusing once you realize what just happened. But hope it happens more often or anytime anyone speaks in a language other than English. You can imagine how incredibly useful this gift would be.

Well it is similar in concept to the original tongues the apostles spoke in ( they spoke actual national languages not the gibberish they call tongues today).. I just in my fleshly view don't see that applied to a movie. Maybe it's a little precursor of things to come for you. I don't know, then again maybe it's how the video actually came through lol.

The pastor who initially formed the church I'm involved with was said to have gone to a foreign country to speak and spoke their language with no former ability or study to do so. In fact they had an interpreter ready for him but he didn't need him/her as it turned out. That was his one shot deal at speaking in tongues and was not a proponent of tongues at all, least not as a sign of salvation or essential gift or fruit of the Spirit.

There are so many strange things about God and His Spirit, it's amazing and sometimes surprising and sometimes a little scary too. I was speaking to God last week stating I was afraid of His Spirit, " I fear your Holy Spirit, He can be too strong, I realize His strength". Kind of a twist on the fear of the Lord but it was true last week, it's how I felt last week, it was kind of a little revelation actually.

• Informative
Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,954.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The pastor who initially formed the church I'm involved with was said to have gone to a foreign country to speak and spoke their language with no former ability or study to do so. In fact they had an interpreter ready for him but he didn't need him/her as it turned out. That was his one shot deal at speaking in tongues and was not a proponent of tongues at all, least not as a sign of salvation or essential gift or fruit of the Spirit.

That's interesting. I've actually heard of these miracles but usually if you're the one speaking (but not listening to a foreign language like my experience).

In these miracles, the speakers are speaking in full conscious control of themselves and what they are speaking about. No one is controlling them.

In other words, they are fully sober and conscious NOT like something has possessed them. Their ability to speak in a foreign language was enabled by the Holy Spirit but otherwise, free to say anything they want, NOT possessed by the Holy Spirit.

• Agree
Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Really strange.

The first time that my wife spoke in tongues there was somebody from India in the room who told her later on that she had praised God in a dialect of India. My wife's first language is Spanish, German is her second language , English is her third language.

Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0