Healing is no longer necessary because true belivers will never get sick.

help_the_lord

Everything tastes better with cheese
Dec 15, 2009
✟15,830.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Exodus Chapter 15 verses 22-27 will be used for this.

22 "Then Moses led Israel form the Red Sea, and they went out into the wilderness of Shur: and they went three days in the wilderness and found no water. <- God's people had a major need for life they were unable to meet.

23 And when they came to Marah they could not drink the waters of Marah, for they were bitter therefore it was named Marah.

24 So the people grumbled at Moses, saying, "What shall we drink?"

25. Then he cried out to the Lord and the Lord showed him a tree; and he threw it in to the waters, and the waters became sweet. There He made for them a statute and regulation and there He tested them.

^The lord provided for there need in a way that didn't make any sense according to there logical mind. We know that trees are not normally a form of water purifcation, usally we have to use activated charocoal or something of the likes. With that being said this miracle was done while the belivers were still under grace as they had yet to arrive at Sinai. *Notice they were complaining and yet the lord still met there needs, this is a great example of undeserved favor* He makes it clear that while under grace this is a statute on which we should live by *allowing the lord to provide for our needs espeically our most vital life giving needs, even if it means going against our common sense or logical mind.*

26 And He said, "If you will give earnest heed to the voice of the Lord your God, and do what is right in His sight, and give ear to His commandments, and keep all His statues, I will puut none of the diseases on you which I have put on the Egyptians; for I, the Lord am your healer.

^ Egypt is symbolic of the world, it doens't literally mean only the diseases of isreal. Now we know from 1st John Chapter 3 verse 23 God's commandments are as follows: And this is His commandment, that we beliver in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commandmed us. The only other such commandment issued by Jesus was love God with all your heart. With that being said, it's evident we also have to add this newly created statute to our grace based salvation. Trust God to meet all of your needs even when it doesn't make any sense to you.

Now let me explain how this would apply in a real life situation lets say you had pre diabetes and the world told you that you needed diet and exercise to prevent it. This would be an example of human efforts, which we know is not the basis on which God inacts miracles. Instead taking this passage and counting it as a guarentee for you that you would never get the said diabetes the way your faith (trust) would be made perfect by your works (actions) would be continuing to eat a normal diet including sugar and carbs trusting the Lord to provide you healing and never allow this disease to fall on you.

This is truly what James 2 is talking about when he says faith and works. Trust and actions based on that trust. If you look at the 2 examples he uses those are exactly whats happening. God or those speaking on his behalf tell someone to do something, and trusting in God to provide whatevers been said they act accordingly.

For instance if I said to you "Johnny I believer you didn't steal my quarter, but I'm just going to check your pockets real quick anyways." My faith (trust) would not be being made perfect by my works(actions).

ABlessedAnomaly

Teacher of the Word
Apr 28, 2006
Arizona
✟25,309.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Now let me explain how this would apply in a real life situation lets say you had pre diabetes and the world told you that you needed diet and exercise to prevent it. This would be an example of human efforts, which we know is not the basis on which God inacts miracles. Instead taking this passage and counting it as a guarentee for you that you would never get the said diabetes the way your faith (trust) would be made perfect by your works (actions) would be continuing to eat a normal diet including sugar and carbs trusting the Lord to provide you healing and never allow this disease to fall on you.
Now let me explain how this actually happens in real life: good Christians die of diabetes -- or go blind, or have limbs removed, etc.

There is a difference between faith and hope.

Let me give you a real world example from the past:
Matthew 14:25-32
25 Now in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went to them, walking on the sea. 26 And when the disciples saw Him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, “It is a ghost!” And they cried out for fear.
27 But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, “Be of good cheer! It is I; do not be afraid.”
28 And Peter answered Him and said, “Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water.”
29 So He said, “Come.” And when Peter had come down out of the boat, he walked on the water to go to Jesus. 30 But when he saw that the wind was boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink he cried out, saying, “Lord, save me!”
31 And immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and caught him, and said to him, “O you of little faith, why did you doubt?” 32 And when they got into the boat, the wind ceased.
Did Peter have faith? Obviously, for he walked on the water. But what happened? He saw the waves, feared, and began to sink. His circumstances made him doubt.

But we all doubt; so does this stop our chances for healing?
Mark 9:23-24
23 Jesus said to him, “If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.”
24 Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, “Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!”
So God will work in our lives dispite our unbelief, but to secure the promises of God our faith must work without doubt.
James 1:6-8
6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. 7 For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.
So the spirit of what you say is true: God's promise to heal is real if you have faith without doubt. It is promised in the atonement.

Problem is, men doubt. We see circumstances and we doubt. Just as Peter did. Even the disciples could not manifest a healing, as earlier in the story I quote above:
Mark 9:18b
So I spoke to Your disciples, that they should cast it out, but they could not.”
And many Christians have died standing on false faith. They see the circumstances and they fear and they doubt: but they stand on their hope (without faith) and call it faith.

These good people could have been helped with medicine from doctors, or with a changed diet.

So the real question is this: does going to a doctor or changing a diet constitute a lack of faith?

And the answer is no. If it did, then Timothy with his "wine for your stomach's sake and your frequent infirmities" would have been deemed a faithless person. But he was a pastor of a church, chosen of God. Paul did not tell him to stand on his faith. Why? We aren't exactly told, but could it be that Timothy had some doubts?

If I take an asprin, does that prohibit God from healing me anyway? Does it invalidate the promise of healing? I take asprin once in a while for a headache: I still have faith that God will heal me. I've seen others who will put up with the pain of a headache for hours waiting on that healing -- that perhaps they simply have some doubt about...so they suffer.

Why didn't Jesus tell the woman with the issue of blood: "Too bad. 12 years of doctors. That's where you had your faith?" What of the father from Mark 9 above -- he even admits to unbelief.

If a person contracts pre-diabetes (I'm no expert on the disease), one cause could be a bad diet. That is wrong; it is sin. His body is paying for it. Continuing in the sin and trying to cover it with "Oh, I have faith" might not cut it. Perhaps the sinner should say: "Oh God, I love adultery, but save me anyway! I won't try to stop my sin, but I want to go to heaven."

I've gone to the doctor and been healed. My wife has gone to a doctor and been healed. We've also stood on the Word without helps and been healed.

Now, God can and does heal diabetes. But his conditions are faith and repentance. Turn to a better diet. Have faith in God's healing promises. It is no sin to seek or practice helps (doctors, medicine, better diet) while standing in faith. When your healing comes, you will no longer need the medicine. My father-in-law had a heart attack in the mid-80's. He was placed on medicines afterward -- told he needed to take them for the rest of his life. But while taking them he stood on his healing promises, and was healed. He was able to get off the medicines. But he did not get off the medicines until his healing was secure: to do so could have been fatal.

Taking an asprin is NOT a sign of a lack of faith. The key is what you are putting your trust in: God to heal (even to use the asprin as He designed it), or the asprin. Trust the asprin alone and it is your source; trust God while using an asprin and He is your source. Trust God BEFORE you get the headache, and you do even better.

Upvote 0

ABlessedAnomaly

Teacher of the Word
Apr 28, 2006
Arizona
✟25,309.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Yes, but you're limiting illness to those caused by pathogens. What if an angry mob of calvinists didn't like your post, hunted you down, and stoned you, and left you bruised and bloodied, yet still alive, by the road. Wouldn't that still be a case for standing for your healing? ;)
Just as important, would you cleanse the wounds and put bandages on them?

Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Since most believers still sin, even true believers can still get sick. Sickness can be a judgment for sin. It can just be an attack from the enemy by walking in his realm, where the enemy eats dust (flesh). If we abide in the heavenly places experientially (even though we are positionally there in Christ), we live above the terror and arrow and the pestilence.

The problem is is that we are still learning how to live and abide in that realm. Under that are a lot of arrows!

26 And He said, "If you will give earnest heed to the voice of the Lord your God, and do what is right in His sight, and give ear to His commandments, and keep all His statues, I will puut none of the diseases on you which I have put on the Egyptians; for I, the Lord am your healer.

It has been said that "put" really means "allowed". The world we live is a war zone and can be easy to be distracted and to lose focus. We can be doubleminded. He allows the enemy to attack us and it is up to us to send him packing. If we are not submitted to God then we're open to him contesting us (and experiencing hits).

We can be true believers, but I think that what you mean by "true believers" are those who are really fully being a do-er of the Word and fully abiding in Him.

You also have to hear the revelation of the provision of the atonement as a reality in your life rather than just believing that He won healing for us. I believe most of the church knows this in their spirit as a seed or a planting, more than walking in harvest faith. I believe that He protects us as we grow, but allows things like sickness to bring us back into obedience.

Upvote 0

omanid

I'm not perfect; I'm forgiven.
Jan 10, 2012
✟9,012.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As he passed by, he saw a man blind from birth. And his disciples asked him, &#8220;Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?&#8221; Jesus answered, &#8220;It was not that this man sinned, or his parents, but that the works of God might be displayed in him. We must work the works of him who sent me while it is day; night is coming, when no one can work. As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.&#8221; ...
John 9:1-7

Upvote 0

ABlessedAnomaly

Teacher of the Word
Apr 28, 2006
Arizona
✟25,309.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
As he passed by, he saw a man blind from birth. And his disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?” Jesus answered, “It was not that this man sinned, or his parents, but that the works of God might be displayed in him. We must work the works of him who sent me while it is day; night is coming, when no one can work. As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.” ...
As any verse can be interepreted by differing people any number of wild and various ways, how about your own thoughts on what this means??

Upvote 0

Jedi.Kep

Jul 30, 2009
Earth
✟16,160.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

This is truly what James 2 is talking about when he says faith and works. Trust and actions based on that trust. If you look at the 2 examples he uses those are exactly whats happening. God or those speaking on his behalf tell someone to do something, and trusting in God to provide whatevers been said they act accordingly.

For instance if I said to you "Johnny I believer you didn't steal my quarter, but I'm just going to check your pockets real quick anyways." My faith (trust) would not be being made perfect by my works(actions).

Oh Lord have mercy.

Upvote 0

Scottmcc1

Whose Report Will You Believe? Isaiah 53:1
Jan 17, 2011
Kansas City MO
Visit site
✟10,105.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Now let me explain how this actually happens in real life: good Christians die of diabetes -- or go blind, or have limbs removed, etc.

There is a difference between faith and hope.

Let me give you a real world example from the past:
Matthew 14:25-32
25 Now in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went to them, walking on the sea. 26 And when the disciples saw Him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, &#8220;It is a ghost!&#8221; And they cried out for fear.
27 But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, &#8220;Be of good cheer! It is I; do not be afraid.&#8221;
28 And Peter answered Him and said, &#8220;Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water.&#8221;
29 So He said, &#8220;Come.&#8221; And when Peter had come down out of the boat, he walked on the water to go to Jesus. 30 But when he saw that the wind was boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink he cried out, saying, &#8220;Lord, save me!&#8221;
31 And immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and caught him, and said to him, &#8220;O you of little faith, why did you doubt?&#8221; 32 And when they got into the boat, the wind ceased.
Did Peter have faith? Obviously, for he walked on the water. But what happened? He saw the waves, feared, and began to sink. His circumstances made him doubt.

But we all doubt; so does this stop our chances for healing?
Mark 9:23-24
23 Jesus said to him, &#8220;If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.&#8221;
24 Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, &#8220;Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!&#8221;
So God will work in our lives dispite our unbelief, but to secure the promises of God our faith must work without doubt.
James 1:6-8
6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. 7 For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.
So the spirit of what you say is true: God's promise to heal is real if you have faith without doubt. It is promised in the atonement.

Problem is, men doubt. We see circumstances and we doubt. Just as Peter did. Even the disciples could not manifest a healing, as earlier in the story I quote above:
Mark 9:18b
So I spoke to Your disciples, that they should cast it out, but they could not.&#8221;
And many Christians have died standing on false faith. They see the circumstances and they fear and they doubt: but they stand on their hope (without faith) and call it faith.

These good people could have been helped with medicine from doctors, or with a changed diet.

So the real question is this: does going to a doctor or changing a diet constitute a lack of faith?

And the answer is no. If it did, then Timothy with his "wine for your stomach's sake and your frequent infirmities" would have been deemed a faithless person. But he was a pastor of a church, chosen of God. Paul did not tell him to stand on his faith. Why? We aren't exactly told, but could it be that Timothy had some doubts?

If I take an asprin, does that prohibit God from healing me anyway? Does it invalidate the promise of healing? I take asprin once in a while for a headache: I still have faith that God will heal me. I've seen others who will put up with the pain of a headache for hours waiting on that healing -- that perhaps they simply have some doubt about...so they suffer.

Why didn't Jesus tell the woman with the issue of blood: "Too bad. 12 years of doctors. That's where you had your faith?" What of the father from Mark 9 above -- he even admits to unbelief.

If a person contracts pre-diabetes (I'm no expert on the disease), one cause could be a bad diet. That is wrong; it is sin. His body is paying for it. Continuing in the sin and trying to cover it with "Oh, I have faith" might not cut it. Perhaps the sinner should say: "Oh God, I love adultery, but save me anyway! I won't try to stop my sin, but I want to go to heaven."

I've gone to the doctor and been healed. My wife has gone to a doctor and been healed. We've also stood on the Word without helps and been healed.

Now, God can and does heal diabetes. But his conditions are faith and repentance. Turn to a better diet. Have faith in God's healing promises. It is no sin to seek or practice helps (doctors, medicine, better diet) while standing in faith. When your healing comes, you will no longer need the medicine. My father-in-law had a heart attack in the mid-80's. He was placed on medicines afterward -- told he needed to take them for the rest of his life. But while taking them he stood on his healing promises, and was healed. He was able to get off the medicines. But he did not get off the medicines until his healing was secure: to do so could have been fatal.

Taking an asprin is NOT a sign of a lack of faith. The key is what you are putting your trust in: God to heal (even to use the asprin as He designed it), or the asprin. Trust the asprin alone and it is your source; trust God while using an asprin and He is your source. Trust God BEFORE you get the headache, and you do even better.

Amen this is a good answer.

As he passed by, he saw a man blind from birth. And his disciples asked him, &#8220;Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?&#8221; Jesus answered, &#8220;It was not that this man sinned, or his parents, but that the works of God might be displayed in him. We must work the works of him who sent me while it is day; night is coming, when no one can work. As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.&#8221; ...

I don't have an answer of why or how he was sick but I do know that we are to work the works of God. Let us work while we have the light!

Upvote 0
D

DonKeesee

Here's the thing: This Kingdom believers have entered is all about knowing God (you all know the scriptures for this--"And this is eternal life, that they might know You, the only true God and Jesus Christ whom You have sent" (John 17:3), etc.) When we come to know God better and better, we understand more and more about Him and His ways, about His Word. So much believers say come mostly out of their heads and mostly not from their hearts. Wisdom from God keeps us from going beyond what He has said.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
God works to establish His Word in us. It is for us to lay hold and take up and put on. With everything we are, we try to line up and believe. Sometimes we add the strength of the flesh in. God wants us to receive like children and He does so in love and faith. He builds trust in us and a step at a time learn to walk in certain areas (especially healing and the wonderful things tradition says that the anointing doesn't do today).

Our heads may seem a little "ahead" of the game, but we cannot really walk in that "light". We know enough with our heart's understanding that we plant the seed of the Word within us and wait for the precious harvest. We tend our gardens and fellowship with God in it.

There was a prophetic word on my forum blog that I posted that talked about how God viewed us taking up His Word right where we are right now. It is so beautiful that it makes you want to read it out loud to Him, and share the intimacy that their is in our unity, agreeing with His greater truth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟616,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I read somewhere that someone quoted what Kenneth Hagin said , if you go to bed with a headache and you prayed for the headache to leave, and the headache would not go away and you also spoke to the pain to leave, and thanked God for for your healing. After awhile still trying to sleep, and standing on the word, if the headache will not go away, take an aspirin!

Upvote 0

Jedi.Kep

Jul 30, 2009
Earth
✟16,160.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God will meet you where you are at.

See, "Lord, help my unbelief," and "Beginning to sink Peter cried, 'help me Lord,' and immediately Jesus stretched out His hand...."

God does want us to grow and learn to stand, but he will help us take our first steps in our walk of faith.

Upvote 0

pk4yahweh

Pressing in...
Jul 21, 2011
Connecticut
✟8,089.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Now, God can and does heal diabetes. But his conditions are faith and repentance. Turn to a better diet. Have faith in God's healing promises. It is no sin to seek or practice helps (doctors, medicine, better diet) while standing in faith. When your healing comes, you will no longer need the medicine.

This is the key part of this answer... :amen:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums