Christian
Apr 26, 2014
✟35,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello All,

I have struggled with depression for many years. Two weeks ago I got prayer at church for it. I realized afterward that something was missing - the crushing, overwhelming sadness simply wasn't there anymore. I felt so calm inside. Before I struggled with just wanting to get through the day, but then I found myself thinking about my life and my future. I want to finish what God has laid out for me.

What really changed everything is the compassion and love of Jesus became real. It is so easy to hear about God's love all the time, but knowing and living in the reality of His awesome Love is something else altogether!

I still have sad moments, but the episodes pass quickly. I have real hope. I no longer default to sinking down to the bottom of a dark, emotional pit. So thank you God!

Annalafrenchy7

Dec 27, 2018
Paris
✟33,345.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello All,

I have struggled with depression for many years. Two weeks ago I got prayer at church for it. I realized afterward that something was missing - the crushing, overwhelming sadness simply wasn't there anymore. I felt so calm inside. Before I struggled with just wanting to get through the day, but then I found myself thinking about my life and my future. I want to finish what God has laid out for me.

What really changed everything is the compassion and love of Jesus became real. It is so easy to hear about God's love all the time, but knowing and living in the reality of His awesome Love is something else altogether!

I still have sad moments, but the episodes pass quickly. I have real hope. I no longer default to sinking down to the bottom of a dark, emotional pit. So thank you God!
I am so very happy to hear this! Lord bless you friend! Praying for continual peace and joy ❤️❤️❤️

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hello All,

There is such a thing as clinical depression. This is a chemical imbalance, and is NOT a spiritual or moral failure.

Some physical diseases, if untreated, can result in depression.

Upvote 0

harko

Nov 15, 2017
liverpool
✟37,473.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello All,

So very happy for you . May you be continually blessed :)

Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am also happy for you. :) You have gotten a good step in the front, by managing to have that thoughts pattern you have gotten there now. Though healing from Jesus is what's most important, how each person gets healed by God, will differ, but what we do know, is that His healing is of supernatural means. And when you get healed, you are healed for sure!

Keep yourself close to Him as you also stated above here, remaining thankful toward Him, and giving Him praises for it! Most of all, being thankful for the greatest sacrifice given to you from God the Father, which was His only begotten Son Jesus Christ to die for all of our sins! Knowing that it is because of His grace that you are saved, and in your faith and trust in Him! :heart:

Upvote 0

LynnSmith

Mar 28, 2019
Here
✟35,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello All,

Praise the Lord!!!!!!!!
In those moments stay in prayer, reading the Word, put on whatever worship music lifts your soul. I’ve been off anti-depressants and mood stabilizers for a few years now. Struggled happen, just fight the enemy when he attacks. And ask for prayer at church as often as you have to. Can never be prayed for too much :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GraceTruthLove

Christian
Apr 26, 2014
✟35,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Praise the Lord!!!!!!!!
In those moments stay in prayer, reading the Word, put on whatever worship music lifts your soul. I’ve been off anti-depressants and mood stabilizers for a few years now. Struggled happen, just fight the enemy when he attacks. And ask for prayer at church as often as you have to. Can never be prayed for too much :)

Thank you! And I agree - more prayer, more God the better. After all, not by might but by My Spirit says the Lord! Thank God He heals us - and then keeps us!

Upvote 0

AniLo

May 10, 2019
Tucson
✟15,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Hello All,

God is good, yes?
I,too, had spent far to much of my life with that spirit. It can be run off, though, just as you have testified!
1st step -recognising the power that God designed to be present in the Body. At least, for me, depression wanted me to isolate, convincing me that I should not inflict my negativity on my Brothers and Sisters. What a deception that was!
For me, the recognition that this spirit was strong as long as I focused on ME, allowed me to forcibly place my mind on Kingdom: the Hope set before me, the One who indwells me voluntarily, and the mission He has assigned to me. Then, submitting to His body by allowing them to flow with Him to heal me.
I'm so glad it is Not about me!
Thanks for sharing your victory! I CAN rejoice with you today, because His Joy is truly in me!

Upvote 0

GraceTruthLove

Christian
Apr 26, 2014
✟35,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God is good, yes?
I,too, had spent far to much of my life with that spirit. It can be run off, though, just as you have testified!
1st step -recognising the power that God designed to be present in the Body. At least, for me, depression wanted me to isolate, convincing me that I should not inflict my negativity on my Brothers and Sisters. What a deception that was!
For me, the recognition that this spirit was strong as long as I focused on ME, allowed me to forcibly place my mind on Kingdom: the Hope set before me, the One who indwells me voluntarily, and the mission He has assigned to me. Then, submitting to His body by allowing them to flow with Him to heal me.
I'm so glad it is Not about me!
Thanks for sharing your victory! I CAN rejoice with you today, because His Joy is truly in me!

I relate to the desire to isolate brought on by depression. It's hard to be around people who appear to be living fully and enjoying life when one is walking in that dark cloud. But yes - changing one's focus to the Lord, and gathering with the body do help - even leading to full recovery. (After all, He told us to share one another's joys and burdens for a reason!)

God bless you and may His joy be your strength now and forever!

Upvote 0