✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Head Transplant?

Next thing in medicine are "head transplants".
Would you think of it as a "head transplant" or rather as a "body transplant"?

ROFLOLOLOL! Ohhhh hep meeeee, i cain't breeeeeeathe!!!

25r30wi.gif

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
The thing that I wonder about this procedure is how it can it be justified given the scarcity of organs for transplant?

Seriously?

I dunno i'm thinkin' that peoples can be reeeeeally creative in problem solving if they are so inclined....

4chsmu1.gif

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Seriously?

Yes, seriously. Using an entire body for one transplant rather then a multiple separate ones means that other people miss out organs they need to survive.

I dunno i'm thinkin' that peoples can be reeeeeally creative in problem solving if they are so inclined....

So far that creativity has not solved the supply of organs available for transplant being far short of the demand.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes, seriously. Using an entire body for one transplant rather then a multiple separate ones means that other people miss out organs they need to survive.

So far that creativity has not solved the supply of organs available for transplant being far short of the demand.

There are surely some who are sooooo driven that they will find creative ways of solving this problem (we just might not hear about it in the mainstream media)
4chsmu1.gif

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's more likely that the engineers of the newest advances in healthcare & biology, etc. will find a way to re-grow organs, limbs, and so on before they would really commit themselves to advancing the practice of "head" transplants.

I highly doubt that.

We will have the ability to reattach nerves and have them functional, before we can re-grow organs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Near

In Christ we rise
Dec 7, 2012
✟24,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I highly doubt that.

We will have the ability to reattach nerves and have them functional, before we can re-grow organs.

I'm aware of the abilities to reattach nerves and having them functional. That can be done with reattaching a finger.
It just seems taboo, a head transplant. For that reason, people, on an emotional level, probably would not go forth with such an operation, and legislation would probably be made against it.

BTW, http://www.bbc.com/news/health-28887087
We're already making advances in organ growing.

Upvote 0

Moral Orel

Proud Citizen of Moralton
Site Supporter
May 22, 2015
✟476,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I just recently watched a Tedtalk on the subject of growing organs. Here's a link. Pretty amazing stuff.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
So how would you think of it, and what´s the result?

I'm just messing with you...

You've seen so many head transplants you intuitively think of them as body transplants.

I'd probably see the scar and just think him lucky.

Upvote 0