Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
You are free to believe that religious leaders shouldn't express their moral beliefs and what legislation are morally offensive. And, yes, many atheists take this view. But that is not what the founders intended, and that is not the US way in the 21st century. The opinions of the RCC and that other religious organizations are listened to and considered by legislators. That's just the way it is.
=========
A current issue where religious leaders MIGHT be listened to is regarding the abolition of the death penalty for murder and other/state local crimes.

Yes, it is my opinion that it shouldn't be. There are completely secular reasons and arguments to abolish the death penalty or even abortion. The belief in the existence of a god need not be a factor at all. I stand by my opinion. No one should care one iota what any religious organization thinks about how the country should be governed based on whatever belief they espouse.

Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Did the RCC remove the child rapist from the church? Or did they just send them to another church? And keep them them as members. I feel RCC have no right to threaten anyone. And need to worry about their own church.

Yes, you're right. The Catholic Church should clean up its own house first. It should worry about the colossal plank lodged in its own eye before it worries about the speck in President Biden's eye.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Hypothetical: What if the RCC removes Biden from the Church? What's the repercussion there?
Biden would have some spare time on his hands on Sundays and religious events.

I'm all for people becoming free from religious doctorine.

Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
There are completely secular reasons and arguments to abolish the death penalty or even abortion.
I disagree about the idea that there are secular reasons to making abortion illegal. At least I haven't heard any valid reasons for government to force a woman to declare that she is pregnant, and to register her embryo or fetus as a protected member of society.

No one should care one iota what any religious organization thinks about how the country should be governed based on whatever belief they espouse.
Absolutely!

Upvote 0

ABCthings

Light
Jun 4, 2019
Suleja
✟31,543.00
Country
Nigeria
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
The question: Is the Christian President of a secular republic obliged by his faith to seek the criminalization of Christian sins for non-Christian citizens, or is he merely obliged not to commit any sins himself?
Yes, he is obliged to seek the criminization of Christian sins for everybody, human or alien.
He must put CHRIST first above everythings opinions or matters.
He didn't just swear with the bible for no reason.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,102,145.00
Country
United States
Faith