Head of Europe’s Largest Archdiocese Criticized for Remarks on ‘Experience of Love’ and Homosexual Attraction

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,674,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Archbishop Mario Delpini of Milan has alarmed some observers with the approach he set forth in a new pastoral document, released shortly before the start of the global Synod on Synodality.

The archbishop of Europe’s largest archdiocese in terms of number of Catholic faithful has been criticized for releasing pastoral guidelines that appear to define homosexual attraction as love, and equating them to heterosexual relationships with respect to pastoral care.

In a pastoral proposal for 2023-2024, Archbishop Mario Delpini of Milan wrote that “particularly delicate attention given modern-day sensibilities must be devoted to accompanying and understanding the experience of love and the different nuances of attraction, both to people of different genders and to people of the same gender.”

The archbishop’s words are made in the context of assigning great importance to “accompaniment,” a term that figures prominently throughout the document, and he underlined that the Christian community must “assume the responsibility of teaching about love” in all its “sexual dimensions.”

Riccardo Cascioli, writing in the Catholic daily La Nuova Bussola Quotidiana, which he edits, believes that through such guidelines, the archdiocese of Milan “fully embraces the line drawn by the gay lobby that has now taken command of the Catholic Church.”

Continued below.

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Lust isn't love. I will repeat it over and over again.
Great point. Being actively homosexual is like being a perpetual teenager, only thinking with your emotions and hormones.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Yeah I was gonna say lust, too.

I was pondering what the 'world' is wanting to test the Lord's compassion and mercy.
The flesh fights the spirit. Spiritual battle et al.
To suggest He tolerates it to the point of acceptance is not gonna end well.

Upvote 0

fide

Dec 9, 2012
✟127,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Archbishop Mario Delpini of Milan has alarmed some observers with the approach he set forth in a new pastoral document, released shortly before the start of the global Synod on Synodality.

The archbishop of Europe’s largest archdiocese in terms of number of Catholic faithful has been criticized for releasing pastoral guidelines that appear to define homosexual attraction as love, and equating them to heterosexual relationships with respect to pastoral care.

In a pastoral proposal for 2023-2024, Archbishop Mario Delpini of Milan wrote that “particularly delicate attention given modern-day sensibilities must be devoted to accompanying and understanding the experience of love and the different nuances of attraction, both to people of different genders and to people of the same gender.”

The archbishop’s words are made in the context of assigning great importance to “accompaniment,” a term that figures prominently throughout the document, and he underlined that the Christian community must “assume the responsibility of teaching about love” in all its “sexual dimensions.”

Riccardo Cascioli, writing in the Catholic daily La Nuova Bussola Quotidiana, which he edits, believes that through such guidelines, the archdiocese of Milan “fully embraces the line drawn by the gay lobby that has now taken command of the Catholic Church.”

Continued below.
May the good Lord bless and strengthen His Faithful Ones! I can hardly believe what has happened to and in His Holy Church! How have these bishops - successors to the Apostles!!!! - come in to the Sheepfold of God? How did they sneak over the wall, past the Guards, by-passing the Gate of the Sheep, the Lord Jesus? Were the Guards asleep, taking their ease, presuming or dreaming or drunk with the drugs of this world? Or have the Guardians become so infiltrated by agents of the enemy, or so corrupted and deceived and bought within their own souls that they have become traitors within the Sheepfold? Offspring of the father of Judas?

I believe we need - need - to pray that the message of Fatima is still open, on the part of the Lord. That if we repent, and offer sacrifices, and pray and do His Holy Will: that He will have mercy on us and turn away the wrath that we - His Church - are due for our adulteries and sins and abominations ... and unbelief.

Upvote 0