Head believes; heart does not; how should I then live?

BigV

Dec 27, 2007
USA, IL
✟41,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because of me. This is what I do. I don't mean to, but everything I say or do ends up causing problems.

Nope, it wasn't because of you.

Maybe I'm a rebel at heart and want to cause problems? Maybe these forums should not have such restrictive rules if they are actually trying to minister and draw unbelievers into the Christian faith?

I'm saying that it's not all or nothing. There are alternatives.

Think about it. I've ignored the rules. How can it be your fault? Lets say you invite me over for dinner and I speed on the way to your place and get a speeding ticket. Will you blame yourself for this too? Come on mate, I want my freedom in this. Why does it have to be all about you? Where is my guilt in this?

Listen, there is a Christian counseling show, new life live.
New Life Live!
I recommend you reach out to them. You can also listen to their call-in episodes and search for the topics you find interesting.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So, the question I posed about your Blaise Pascal quote. What's the ideal forum for that?

I suppose it could go into either Christian Apologetics or Ethics, but since you may not have access yet to Christian Apologetics, maybe just articulate it a little more in detail and create it in the Ethics section. But be careful not to overly indulge in seeking to frame the OP in ways that will require those who may response to also equate truth with Christianity, or else the mods will likely move your thread over to the Christian Apologetics section.

Anyway, give it some thought, BigV.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because of me. This is what I do. I don't mean to, but everything I say or do ends up causing problems.

I understand your concern, but maybe keep in mind that your questions are just fine here, and if other people end up having some small disagreement in relation to something you brought up, that isn't your fault and it's just a part of the variable nuances of human communication and interaction. So, have some peace about it and continue asking your questions here if you feel you're struggling over being comfortable with the Christian faith.

Peace.

Upvote 0

BigV

Dec 27, 2007
USA, IL
✟41,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I suppose it could go into either Christian Apologetics or Ethics, but since you may not have access yet to Christian Apologetics, maybe just articulate it a little more in detail and create it in the Ethics section. But be careful not to overly indulge in seeking to frame the OP in ways that will require those who may response to also equate truth with Christianity, or else the mods will likely move your thread over to the Christian Apologetics section.

Anyway, give it some thought, BigV.
Actually I'm not restricted from Christian Apologetics, so I opened a new thread there.

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟754,983.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Pray for yourself & others.

Meditate briefly on the Lord’s commandments; see Matthew 22:36-40, Matthew 7:12, Matthew 19:16-19.

Pray the Lord’s Prayer for yourself & others ( Matthew 6:9-13).

Pray the Lord of the harvest ( for evangelization) see Matthew 9:36-38.

Upvote 0

adomanim

Dec 17, 2019
annaba
✟15,760.00
Country
Algeria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Today I found out my wife has been cheating on me for the last 10 years. My son feels nothing for me. I realised I missed my father's funeral FOR NOTHING. I didn't complete my novel, travelling the world, helping the homeless. All these things I thought I knew to be a certainty about myself when i was in my late teens and early twenties. If my younger self had met me today, I would have punched myself in the face. I'll get to how those dreams were crushed soon.

Upvote 0