✟21,887.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nav -

I think your reading something into this thread that isn't there. No one from this board intentionally went over to the Parlor to start a fight.

I guess you could look at this as a couple guys standing across the street from a fight talking.

Upvote 0

Navigator

Pizzagator...
Feb 6, 2002
Plain Ole, Texas
Visit site
✟810.00
Faith
Protestant
perhaps I am.. perhaps I'm not...

Perhaps I have more information than what is on this thread... Perhaps I've been misinformed.

Most the time when you see people fighting, it is best to call someone in authority.. or tell people to 'move along'...

Other than that this is just back street gossip.. and name calling of someone down the pew from you, that might sing a little off key, but is singing from the same hymnbook.

You can disagree... but that is the way I see it.

Upvote 0
T

Tinker Grey

Perhaps, there was no baiting (and see no reason to believe there was.)

But this thread does seem petty. Picture a business meeting with two factions, one represented by a particularly vocal person. Then lunch time rolls around and one group sits at a table to themselves and keeps looking over their shoulders at said person snickering.

That is mean. It is petty.

Tinker

Upvote 0

KC Catholic

Everybody's gone surfin'...Surfin' U.S.A
Feb 5, 2002
Overland Park, KS
✟21,887.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well I understand both of your points and I've done well to keep things under control here.

I also believe that the Catholic folks need some place to go and talk about things that they cannot discuss at the Parlor. PMs and emails are probably the best way to cover that, but we talk openly and if things get out of control - I take care of the issue.

As I told you in the PM Nav....I think this cross-post issue is going to be like opening a can of worms. The Catholic folks look at this forum as their haven from the outside world of the web - and I plan to keep it that way.

Upvote 0

ZooMom

Thanks for the memories...
Feb 5, 2002
America
✟45,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry you feel that way. But I don't think it's fair to imply that we are doing that. I haven't seen anything to indicate that anyone from here has deliberately and maliciously gone to the Parlor to lay 'bait'. We aren't chuckling over our 'success'. KC posted the same article here.

What is sad to me is that there is apparently preferential treatment at the Parlor regarding obnoxious posters. That the person in question can post what he did, with all the venom and vitriol, and then go around all but daring the Admin to censor him...well...I can't really say I'm surprised.

God bless...

Sandy

Upvote 0
J

JoeyCarmen

You know what I don't get ticked often but this one really has ticked me off.

You bunch of hypocrites! Especially you Kirk! You put up this fake protector of Catholics flag,when really all you are is this whited wall, professing yourself clean and heads above the rest...when inside you are dead! ANYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH YOU IS IN YOUR EYES BENEATH YOU! Your pride brother will be your undoing...

Wols you really gotta help me out here because I never saw (and still don't) see you in the light of this hypocritical banter!

You call yourselves Christians pretend to be friends but behind our back you accuse your brethren?

Please!

Upvote 0

ZooMom

Feb 5, 2002
America
✟45,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You might want to calm down. Whatever issue you have with Kirk is between you and him. The rest of us are indeed concerned with hipocrisy. The holding out of one hand in the name of mutual understanding and backhanding of us with the other. Would you prefer that we discussed this privately among ourselves or openly where any are free to look and maybe help us to understand what has happened over on a board that we all enjoyed because it was civil. Well, not anymore. A member of the Parlor went way over the line and was not disciplined. He went so far as to call the Admin 'gutless' if they censored his remarks about Catholics. And now because we are justifiably

Upvote 0

ZooMom

Feb 5, 2002
America
✟45,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
...upset first by the attack, and now by the inaction of the Admin that we trusted to deal with things like this fairly, we're hypocrites?? Take your blinders off. This is ludicrous. You're mad because we want to talk about something that bothered us. Good grief.

Upvote 0

AngelAmidala

Legend
Feb 1, 2002
New York
Visit site
✟51,421.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I'm going to put my foot in right here...

I don't think it's being very kind to your fellow poster calling them a hypocrite and saying they are dead inside.

This particular forum is NOT a debate forum. It is for discussion, where Catholics can go and not be afraid about sharing their faith without getting blasted by non-Catholics.

While Kirk's posting manner may not be the same as the posting manners of Wols...that doesn't mean either of them emits a demeanor that they are better then anyone else.

If I sound grumpy, I apologize. I'm tired. (KC - If you find anything wrong with this post, feel free to edit me.) And I don't like coming in here and seeing posts where my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ (be they Catholics or any other denomination) are being belittled and called hypocrites because of their postings in this one particular set of posts.

With that said....I'm rather curious JoeyCarmen...what version of the Bible is your signature file from? I've never seen the word "show" translated as "shew" so I didn't recognize the version.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KC Catholic

Feb 5, 2002
Overland Park, KS
✟21,887.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Your absolutely fine.

I have PM'd Mr. Joeycarmen and asked that he return and edit his post. I have also PM'd Navigator and expressed my concerns with his linking this thread to one at the Parlor.

Thanks Angel!

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟275,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wols you really gotta help me out here because I never saw (and still don't) see you in the light of this hypocritical banter!
My dear fellow, what on earth did I say???? All I said was that I couldn't understand why someone was upset. I did say that dispies didn't handle attacks as well as mackerel-snappers, but I was speaking in generalities, and not naming anyone---in fact, I had nobody specific in mind at the time I wrote that.

After that, I didn't say anything. Even when Kirk pointedly asked me a question about Pizza Parlor policy, I said nothing, because to be blunt, it is nobody's business what the staff at the Parlor do, except the staff. All I gave after that was name, rank, service number, and date of birth. ;)

If I have spoken wrongly, bear witness to the wrong; but if rightly, why smitest thou me? :(

Blessings,
---Wols.

Upvote 0
T

Tinker Grey

Wolseley,

I suspect that the person who was surprised at you feels you are complicit since you didn't respond to the apparent attitude. FTR, these are not my feelings.

Angel,

Two things. The first is that from your post I get the feeling that you're not particularly sure as to what is going on. There have been some hurt feelings on another board. The comments here are directly related to that and, in general, haven't helped.

Second, the rilly rilly rilly old KJV uses "shew". I grew up on it. Then I got religion ;)

Tinker

Upvote 0
K

katerina

What is gossip anyways?

You are on a public forum. Anything that you say about a third person is accessible to that third person.

I fully support this forum to exist as a place for support for Catholics, and in fact I have been reading this board off and on.

But how can you condone public criticism and gossip, on your public streetcorner, of this nature?

I have never seen such a textbook case of gossip.

I could see a pastor or priest cruising the internet looking for Christians gossiping and backbiting and reading you aloud to the entire parish or congregation.

What would you sound like in your own ears then?

You have backbitten in one forum people whom you treat cordially in another.

Just me, but I don't trust people who do this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KC Catholic

Feb 5, 2002
Overland Park, KS
✟21,887.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What is gossip anyways?

You are on a public forum. Anything that you say about a third person is accessible to that third person.

I fully support this forum to exist as a place for support for Catholics, and in fact I have been reading this board off and on.

But how can you condone public criticism and gossip, on your public streetcorner, of this nature?

I have never seen such a textbook case of gossip.

I could see a pastor or priest cruising the internet looking for Christians gossiping and backbiting and reading you aloud to the entire parish or congregation.

What would you sound like in your own ears then?

You have backbitten in one forum people whom you treat cordially in another.

Just me, but I don't trust people who do this.

Who is this addressed to specifically? I'm just checking...

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟275,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wolseley,

I suspect that the person who was surprised at you feels you are complicit since you didn't respond to the apparent attitude. FTR, these are not my feelings.
Thanks, Tink, for saying that. I'm beginning to think I'm doomed to A) Be totally misunderstood until the end of the world; and B) Have everybody in the world mad at me.

It gets discouraging. I can't decide whether I need sleep, a long break, or a good stiff drink. :(

Blessings,
---Wols.

Upvote 0
K

katerina

Well, let's start with THIS:

"There is something so funny about watching that guy lose it. What a nutcase. Someone criticizes all that Rapture crapola and he just goes mad, screaming about rapist priests and how evil the Church is. What a crock. What a loon.

Thanks for posting that over there Wols. Seeing him blow a gasket and make an imbecile out of himself has really made my day."

Kirkland starts a thread naming a particular person, too.

Perhaps an ad hominem attack?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.