Not open for further replies.

Kirkland1244

Feb 20, 2002
Visit site
✟8,029.00
Faith
Anglican
LOL....

There is something so funny about watching that guy lose it. What a nutcase. Someone criticizes all that Rapture crapola and he just goes mad, screaming about rapist priests and how evil the Church is. What a crock. What a loon.

Thanks for posting that over there Wols. Seeing him blow a gasket and make an imbecile out of himself has really made my day.

Kirk

KC Catholic

Everybody's gone surfin'...Surfin' U.S.A
Feb 5, 2002
Overland Park, KS
✟21,887.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm afraid I wasn't practicing over there what I preach over here.

I let myself slip into the battle and probably embarrased the Catholics over there. I'm sure Wols is probably irritated with me.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone who lurks or posts at the Parlor.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟275,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am not in slightest bit irritated with you, KC. Or anyone else, for that matter. :)

Confused, maybe. I can't for the life of me figure out why Habs is so angry. I don't get it.

If somebody disagrees with a posting, okay, so list why you disagree, and forget about it. It's not worth blowing your corpuscles over.

I don't know. I mean, what can I say?

But you're fine, KC---I didn't close the thread because of you. :)

Blessings,
---Wols.

Upvote 0

KC Catholic

Feb 5, 2002
Overland Park, KS
✟21,887.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It seems like they are..but one talks in "Frontier Gibberish" and the other talks like he's been to school.

I just think there is a glaring issue over there regarding the "Fair and Balanced" processes. It's ok to post things regarding Catholicism or disect the Church, yet we are not allowed a rebuttle.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
✟275,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, they are the same person.

I've been communicating with him via PM and I can see now why he was upset. I still don't think it was worth flying off the handle over, but I do see his point.

Us mackerel-snappers is used to this sorta thing; we don't get upset, we just let it roll off. :) Apparently the dispensationalists are not so inured.

Blessings,
--Wols.

Upvote 0

Kirkland1244

Feb 20, 2002
Visit site
✟8,029.00
Faith
Anglican
I don't care what rationalization that jerk gave you Wols, nothing makes it okay for him to fly off the handle and scream about rapist priests, how evil the Church is, etc.

You know what really ticks me off? He's gonna walk away from this scott free, and his invective was far, far worse than anything I ever said on that forum. What a biased bunch of Fundamentalists.

Kirk

Upvote 0

ZooMom

Thanks for the memories...
Feb 5, 2002
America
✟45,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Kirk, I agree. He was way over the line, and should get what's coming to him as far as posting privileges goes. He all but dared the mods over there to edit his post and told them they were gutless cowards if they did.

Wols, have you said anything to the big shots over there about taking his posting rights away, even temporarily? If it was anybody else they would have already done it. But apparently, they thought it sufficed to just add a qualifier on to the rules. I thought you handled yourself very well, but he should still get the boot.

God bless...

Sandy

Upvote 0
V

VOW52

Both of the threads at the Pizza Parlor about the Envoy's article on the "Left Behind" series were hilarious. I thought both Wolseley and KC were being reasonable and informative. (but then, hey, I'm crazy about both you guys, LOL)

The exposed nerves of the Rapturists were indeed a-quiver, and I think HWN probably does stand-up comedy somewhere. His "poetic" style of posting does get irritating after a while, though.

I also found it quite interesting that Michie took the time to shoot down some of her favorite Catholic teachings, and in the next breath said there was plenty of Scripture to support the Rapture.

Gotta LOVE that cafeteria style religion!

Peace be with you,
~VOW

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KC Catholic

Feb 5, 2002
Overland Park, KS
✟21,887.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I get these daily for free in my email and though it fit here...

Bear Wrongs Patiently!
-----------------------

Hebrews 13:13
Therefore let us go forth to him outside the camp and bear the abuse he endured.

--------------------
The devil always sends lies into the world in pairs. One such set of ugly twins is the notion that we are either doormats or avenging angels. The Christian idea is much more subtle: we are to bear wrongs patiently (not wimpily) and fight for justice without cease. The devil hates this. So when we bear wrongs patiently he whispers, "Where's your self-esteem? Are you just gonna take that?" and urges upon us the lie "You don't want to punch this guy out for insulting you because you are vengeful, but because you care about justice."

Conversely, when we are called upon to defend against evil (such as people who fly planes into buildings full of innocent people and threaten to go on doing that in perpetuity) he is quick to tell you that the only possible motivation for this is not justice or defense of the innocent but a lust for vengeance for which you should be ashamed.

Don't fall for either lie. Fight for justice and don't bother about protecting your backside from personal insult.

Peace...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
✟275,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wols...Since you're part of the leadership over on the PP, can you tell us if any disciplinary action against HWN is going to be taken?

(Wols stands stiffly at parade rest, eyes straight forward, face stonily impassive)

"I'm sorry, Sir. That information is classified, and I am not at liberty to discuss it at this time."

Blessings,;)
---Wols.

Upvote 0

ZooMom

Thanks for the memories...
Feb 5, 2002
America
✟45,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
<* doesn't he look spiffy in uniform*> :p

...Why am I suddenly reminded of Hogan's Heroes?...

Don't we at least get your name, rank, and serial number? Don't make me shine the horribly cliched, glaring light in your eyes....Ve haf vays of making yew tok...

:D :p

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.