✟1,352,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
James 5:1-6 ESV

Come now, you rich, weep and howl for the miseries that are coming upon you. Your riches have rotted and your garments are moth-eaten. Your gold and silver have corroded, and their corrosion will be evidence against you and will eat your flesh like fire. You have laid up treasure in the last days. Behold, the wages of the laborers who mowed your fields, which you kept back by fraud, are crying out against you, and the cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of hosts. You have lived on the earth in luxury and in self-indulgence. You have fattened your hearts in a day of slaughter. You have condemned and murdered the righteous person. He does not resist you.

Harvesters

“Harvesters” is also a term used to describe those who are ministers of the gospel of Jesus Christ, who are preaching (teaching, sharing) the full gospel of our salvation, i.e. the whole counsel of God (Acts 20:27), i.e. God’s revealed will and purpose regarding our salvation, in its fullness.

They are laborers in God’s harvest field, steadfast in prayer and in the study of God’s Word, and in walking in holiness and in close fellowship with their Lord. And, they are faithful in correctly handling the Word of Truth, to the best of their understanding, and as led (guided, directed) by the Holy Spirit of God. And, they do this for the glory of God and for the salvation and sanctification of their fellow human beings, that they may know Jesus.

Yet, they are not necessarily Bible college or seminary graduates or in some official positions of pastor or teacher within a church organization. Some of them are homemakers, parents of small children, retirees, workers of manual labor or office jobs, and they are teachers in public schools, etc.

And, some of them are out in the highways and byways of life on street corners, in coffee shops, at the local grocery stores, at the malls, in their neighborhoods, at work, and/or on the internet on blogs, Christian discussion sites, and on social media where they are sharing their faith in Jesus Christ and his full gospel message of salvation from sin.

Frauds

But, there are imposters, fakes, and deceivers who are imitators of God’s harvesters, but whose goal it is to trick, deceive and manipulate people into believing their lies, disguised as truth. For, what they are teaching is not the whole counsel of God but a half-truth cheap grace substitute for the true grace of God and for his true gospel of salvation.

Thus, they are withholding (keeping back) the truth which can set people free. Thus, their listeners and followers will never be set free from their bondage to sin, but will go on in their sinful addictions convinced that they now have the hope of heaven as their eternal destiny, and that nothing can take that away from them.

For, what they are teaching is that we can “believe” in Jesus Christ with no submission to him as Lord, with no repentance (turning away from sin) and with no requirement for walking in obedience to the Lord’s commands.

Some of them will say this outright, while others will just leave those things out of the gospel presentation and will leave people with the notion that coming to faith in Jesus Christ is a one-time event in their lives which guarantees them heaven as their eternal destiny but that makes no demands for a changed life or for submission to Christ as Lord.

Murderers

These frauds and their followers and their handlers not only murder (put to death) the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ, and the true nature of Jesus Christ, himself, but they are also murderers of the Lord’s harvesters, i.e. of his true servants and witnesses.

Some of these frauds and their followers and their superiors literally are putting to death the Lord’s servants throughout the world in order to silence them and the message that they are preaching. Others of them are silencing the Lord’s servants in perhaps more subtle ways. And, one of the ways in which they are doing this is via deception, and through lies being spread about the Lord’s servants and about the message they are teaching.

So, they plot many ways to destroy their reputations and to get other people to not listen to them, but to completely reject them. So, they will spread rumors and gossip about them, which are slanderous, and with full premeditated intent to bring them into disrepute, so that all will reject them.

And, there are many different ways in which they are presently going about this. One of the ways is to try to prove that the true gospel is “works-based salvation” which is to be rejected, and that the false gospel is the true gospel of grace which forgives sin and which promises people heaven.

Or, they are making a case that the true gospel is “hate, intolerance, and bigoted,” etc., and since God is love, then we all need to come together as one unified people and destroy all which divides us as the people of the world. So, right now they are pushing this message very strongly, and they are making their case to prove that the Lord’s messengers are “religious extremists” and that we all need to leave religious extremes and find common ground where we can all meet and agree together.

The Cries

Many of those who are truly following Jesus Christ with their lives, who are spreading the true message of the gospel of Jesus Christ with others, so that they can find deliverance from their bondage to sin and new life in Christ Jesus, are being persecuted for their stand on the truth of God’s Word, and thus they are crying out to God in their suffering.

And, God is listening to their cries, and he has a day of judgment in mind for their persecutors in which he will bring down on them much disaster, which sounds to me much like financial disaster, like a market crash of some kind. For, the pain and the misery that they have brought upon other people in the world is going to come back around on them.

And, their riches may or may not be with physical wealth or with material possessions, though that is clearly what this is saying here. But, I also see that they could be immaterial treasures, too, such as pride, self-indulgence, the appetites of the sin nature, lust, greed, bitterness, and jealousy, etc.

For, it is not material wealth that drives people to reject Jesus Christ and to persecute his servants, but it is greed, envy, bitterness and the pride of life and the lust of the flesh which are at enmity with God and his messengers. And, these all come from the heart of the flesh nature, which demands its own way, and which rejects any message which tells them that they must leave their lives of sin behind them to follow Jesus in obedience.

James 5:19-20 ESV

My brothers, if anyone among you wanders from the truth and someone brings him back, let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.

Yet, blessed are those who are preaching the whole counsel of God, and who are telling people that Jesus died that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. For, in their sharing of the gospel, they are bringing some people back to God from their wandering in their sin, and thus they are saving their souls from death, for God will forgive their sin, and he will give them eternal life with him. So, keep on telling people the truth!

Near the Cross

Hymn lyrics by Fanny J. Crosby, 1869
Music by William H. Doane, 1869

Jesus, keep me near the cross;
There a precious fountain,
Free to all, a healing stream,
Flows from Calvary's mountain.

Near the cross, a trembling soul,
Love and mercy found me;
There the bright and morning star
Sheds its beams around me.

Near the cross! O Lamb of God,
Bring its scenes before me;
Help me walk from day to day
With its shadow o'er me.

Near the cross I'll watch and wait,
Hoping, trusting ever,
Till I reach the golden strand
Just beyond the river.

In the cross, in the cross,
Be my glory ever,
Till my raptured soul shall find
Rest beyond the river.

*copyright status is public domain

Monday, May 6, 2019

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
What sinful addictions are we talking about here...?

And, if repentance is being defined as turning away from sin, then "what sin", and/or "what kinds of sins" (or what I would call "sinful addictions", for "all sin" is)...?

And shall we compare now...?

And then, who is the frauds, is it just only the people, teaching or following after a very loose kind of grace that does not teach "repentance", or is it, or could it be those of Law and works, so to speak, maybe also, or not, ect...?

Then could there still yet be other kinds of "frauds" also, that you could maybe think of as being also, as well...?

And, how do we a true one or real one...?

And, You spread the gospel message to get or attain or gain deliverance for yourself, really...?

And, Does God hear the cries of the self-righteous...?

And, well, I'll stop there for now...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

Come now, you rich, weep and howl for the miseries that are coming upon you. Your riches have rotted and your garments are moth-eaten. Your gold and silver have corroded, and their corrosion will be evidence against you and will eat your flesh like fire. You have laid up treasure in the last days. Behold, the wages of the laborers who mowed your fields, which you kept back by fraud, are crying out against you, and the cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of hosts. You have lived on the earth in luxury and in self-indulgence. You have fattened your hearts in a day of slaughter. You have condemned and murdered the righteous person. He does not resist you.

Harvesters

“Harvesters” is also a term used to describe those who are ministers of the gospel of Jesus Christ, who are preaching (teaching, sharing) the full gospel of our salvation, i.e. the whole counsel of God (Acts 20:27), i.e. God’s revealed will and purpose regarding our salvation, in its fullness.

They are laborers in God’s harvest field, steadfast in prayer and in the study of God’s Word, and in walking in holiness and in close fellowship with their Lord. And, they are faithful in correctly handling the Word of Truth, to the best of their understanding, and as led (guided, directed) by the Holy Spirit of God. And, they do this for the glory of God and for the salvation and sanctification of their fellow human beings, that they may know Jesus.

Yet, they are not necessarily Bible college or seminary graduates or in some official positions of pastor or teacher within a church organization. Some of them are homemakers, parents of small children, retirees, workers of manual labor or office jobs, and they are teachers in public schools, etc.

And, some of them are out in the highways and byways of life on street corners, in coffee shops, at the local grocery stores, at the malls, in their neighborhoods, at work, and/or on the internet on blogs, Christian discussion sites, and on social media where they are sharing their faith in Jesus Christ and his full gospel message of salvation from sin.

Frauds

But, there are imposters, fakes, and deceivers who are imitators of God’s harvesters, but whose goal it is to trick, deceive and manipulate people into believing their lies, disguised as truth. For, what they are teaching is not the whole counsel of God but a half-truth cheap grace substitute for the true grace of God and for his true gospel of salvation.

Thus, they are withholding (keeping back) the truth which can set people free. Thus, their listeners and followers will never be set free from their bondage to sin, but will go on in their sinful addictions convinced that they now have the hope of heaven as their eternal destiny, and that nothing can take that away from them.

For, what they are teaching is that we can “believe” in Jesus Christ with no submission to him as Lord, with no repentance (turning away from sin) and with no requirement for walking in obedience to the Lord’s commands.

Some of them will say this outright, while others will just leave those things out of the gospel presentation and will leave people with the notion that coming to faith in Jesus Christ is a one-time event in their lives which guarantees them heaven as their eternal destiny but that makes no demands for a changed life or for submission to Christ as Lord.

Murderers

These frauds and their followers and their handlers not only murder (put to death) the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ, and the true nature of Jesus Christ, himself, but they are also murderers of the Lord’s harvesters, i.e. of his true servants and witnesses.

Some of these frauds and their followers and their superiors literally are putting to death the Lord’s servants throughout the world in order to silence them and the message that they are preaching. Others of them are silencing the Lord’s servants in perhaps more subtle ways. And, one of the ways in which they are doing this is via deception, and through lies being spread about the Lord’s servants and about the message they are teaching.

So, they plot many ways to destroy their reputations and to get other people to not listen to them, but to completely reject them. So, they will spread rumors and gossip about them, which are slanderous, and with full premeditated intent to bring them into disrepute, so that all will reject them.

And, there are many different ways in which they are presently going about this. One of the ways is to try to prove that the true gospel is “works-based salvation” which is to be rejected, and that the false gospel is the true gospel of grace which forgives sin and which promises people heaven.

Or, they are making a case that the true gospel is “hate, intolerance, and bigoted,” etc., and since God is love, then we all need to come together as one unified people and destroy all which divides us as the people of the world. So, right now they are pushing this message very strongly, and they are making their case to prove that the Lord’s messengers are “religious extremists” and that we all need to leave religious extremes and find common ground where we can all meet and agree together.

The Cries

Many of those who are truly following Jesus Christ with their lives, who are spreading the true message of the gospel of Jesus Christ with others, so that they can find deliverance from their bondage to sin and new life in Christ Jesus, are being persecuted for their stand on the truth of God’s Word, and thus they are crying out to God in their suffering.

And, God is listening to their cries, and he has a day of judgment in mind for their persecutors in which he will bring down on them much disaster, which sounds to me much like financial disaster, like a market crash of some kind. For, the pain and the misery that they have brought upon other people in the world is going to come back around on them.

And, their riches may or may not be with physical wealth or with material possessions, though that is clearly what this is saying here. But, I also see that they could be immaterial treasures, too, such as pride, self-indulgence, the appetites of the sin nature, lust, greed, bitterness, and jealousy, etc.

For, it is not material wealth that drives people to reject Jesus Christ and to persecute his servants, but it is greed, envy, bitterness and the pride of life and the lust of the flesh which are at enmity with God and his messengers. And, these all come from the heart of the flesh nature, which demands its own way, and which rejects any message which tells them that they must leave their lives of sin behind them to follow Jesus in obedience.

My brothers, if anyone among you wanders from the truth and someone brings him back, let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.

Yet, blessed are those who are preaching the whole counsel of God, and who are telling people that Jesus died that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. For, in their sharing of the gospel, they are bringing some people back to God from their wandering in their sin, and thus they are saving their souls from death, for God will forgive their sin, and he will give them eternal life with him. So, keep on telling people the truth!

Near the Cross

Love and mercy found me;

With its shadow o'er me.

Hoping, trusting ever,
Just beyond the river.

Be my glory ever,
Rest beyond the river.

Monday, May 6, 2019
Your words are full of judgement brother...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

Harvesters

Frauds

Murderers

The Cries

Near the Cross

Love and mercy found me;

With its shadow o'er me.

Hoping, trusting ever,
Just beyond the river.

Be my glory ever,
Rest beyond the river.

Monday, May 6, 2019
Jesus didn't intend for us to live or take up permanent residence at the cross either or also brother... We might have to go there from time to time, but it is a holy place that we should visit, not take up permanent residence in, for it is the place we should go to when we worship, ect, private room, secret place, ect, holy place, ect, A place that has a lot of value to us and is a precious place, but we have to "get up and walk" afterward also, and keep our head up, especially in this life, in dealing with this life, ect, this day and age, ect...

How are you gonna carry your cross, if your hanging on it...? (all of the time, basically, ect)...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Inagony

Feb 14, 2019
Texas
✟61,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am guilty of this & im paying dearly. Do you think this is judgment & I crossed a line or can I obtain forgiveness? I didn’t understand the gospel and eventually twisted. I suppressed the truth in unrighteousness. Not with full understanding but I did it nonetheless. Do you think blasphemy of The Holy Spirit is saying Jesus took the penalty for our sins and not that we had to turn from our sins? I heaped up teachers that scratched my itchy ears & then taught others the same. I pretty much fit 2 Timothy 3. I’m really afraid that it may be to late for me. But I’m sorry that I did such things. But Esau sought repentance and was not able to attain it.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I am guilty of this & im paying dearly. Do you think this is judgment & I crossed a line or can I obtain forgiveness? I didn’t understand the gospel and eventually twisted. I suppressed the truth in unrighteousness. Not with full understanding but I did it nonetheless. Do you think blasphemy of The Holy Spirit is saying Jesus took the penalty for our sins and not that we had to turn from our sins? I heaped up teachers that scratched my itchy ears & then taught others the same. I pretty much fit 2 Timothy 3. I’m really afraid that it may be to late for me. But I’m sorry that I did such things. But Esau sought repentance and was not able to attain it.
The apostle Paul was forgiven of much of the same, (and more even), but "how" or "why", or on "what basis" or how was the apostle Paul, or formerly back then Saul, forgiven...?

Did he say, "he" had to "obtain and earn it" or anything, through much toil, strife, difficulty, or by his own work or self-efforts, for himself, or whatever...? Or was he "trying" to "obtain or attain or earn" "it" or anything, by himself, or even for himself, by himself, at all or anything...?

Or why was he doing what he was doing, ect, what and who he was doing it for, ect...? Why was he doing it all, kind of thing...

And, "how or on what basis" was he forgiven, and forgiven of very much...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I have turned from a lot, A LOT of sin brother, though sometimes it may not seem so on the outside (yet) or be very apparent to others (yet) kind of thing...

But, I am not sinless, and I don't think anyone is, ever, this side of life, only Christ alone, (was or is) because only He was truly innocent, or was an, and the only truly innocent one...

I think that peoples judgments, and the way in which they judge, and how they are all to quick to judge, anyway, affects the way they interpret, and it is skewed and way off base, or the base or the foundation or the rock that is the true Christ...

How can you think judgement is so simple, and think you know all about sin and got sin all figured out, ect, when your interpretations of what sin is, is/are "very, very narrow" and way too small, as Jesus Himself pointed out to your kind, "whoever you are" or may be...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm not saying these things to be mean especially just for the sake of being mean, I really don't, but I do want it or them to change you... Change the way you relate to God most importantly, and not from such a vast distance, ect... Change and affect the way you think about God, and relate to God yourself and others, ect... Raise or take it to new levels, ect... Deeper levels of understanding, ect... Deeper "relationship" ect...

Relate to, and understand, especially the heart of God, in whole new and different and much better way...

I'm sorry if I am or was too harsh...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am guilty of this & im paying dearly. Do you think this is judgment & I crossed a line or can I obtain forgiveness?

First, don't listen to those who say we need not be obedient to God in order to get to heaven. You are probably aware of that simple fact already but that's just to be sure. :)

Yes you can be forgiven, as a matter of fact God knew things like you did would happen and that people would be genuinely sorry/repentant for what they do, so he made a way with the death of his son to see to it we could be forgiven. It's actually part of the Christians contract with God.

Repent, ask forgiveness each time we have a problem, be sincere always, and obey God best we can. If we fall short, well... you know what to do.

• Useful
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Repent, ask forgiveness each time we have a problem, be sincere always, and obey God best we can. If we fall short, well... you know what to do.

No I don't really...? What do we do again...?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
And "why" do we do it "again"...?

And what is true obedience...? And are those who think they "no longer have any need of repentance anymore in this life", being truly obedient...?

What is more important, and where does the transformational "process" begin...? On the inside or the outside...? or from the inside out, or the outside in...? And isn't it a "process" also...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I just said what we do in that very post, the reason I told him he knows what to do...repent/ask forgiveness. If you don't feel repentance is necessary, I certainly won't argue it, Christians know its an integral part of being Christian, end of story.

Just like the truth of the bible, you will only see it if you want to see it, if we choose something other than the truth, we will turn off the truth, and our minds will no longer see.

Suit yourself.

• Agree
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I just said what we do in that very post, the reason I told him he knows what to do...repent/ask forgiveness. If you don't feel repentance is necessary, I certainly won't argue it, Christians know its an integral part of being Christian, end of story.

Just like the truth of the bible, you will only see it if you want to see it, if we choose something other than the truth, we will turn off the truth, and our minds will no longer see.

Suit yourself.
I 100% completely agree, except for maybe the certainly not arguing (it) part maybe...?

Just so were clear, we repent repeatedly throughout most, if not all of this life, right...? Because we do it "again" (and "again" and again, ect) (at times throughout our lives, ect, hopefully pretty regularly, ect)...

Oh, and is the Truth of the Bible about becoming sinless...? Or does our Salvation hang upon "our becoming" "100% and totally sinless"...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I 100% completely agree, except for maybe the certainly not arguing (it) part maybe...?

Just so were clear, we repent repeatedly throughout most, if not all of this life, right...?

Yes, repent and try to get better...it really can happen just that way too, and it shows God we are sincere.

Oh, and is the Truth of the Bible about becoming sinless...?

God Bless!

No, we will never become sinless, God realized that way back when and even mentioned he was sorry he made man for that reason, the reason arrangements were made for forgiveness.

• Agree
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes, repent and try to get better...it really can happen just that way too, and it shows God we are sincere.

No, we will never become sinless, God realized that way back when and even mentioned he was sorry he made man for that reason, the reason arrangements were made for forgiveness.
Thanks Kenny, really...

God Bless!

• Friendly
Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FIRESTORM314

Site Supporter
Feb 20, 2018
The Shires
✟197,596.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi Inagony

Sometimes you need to stop talking about your current situation or dwelling upon it in thought and actually do something about it. Sharing your problem is ok as in a way it's like confessing. You've done that so move on.

Many of us have strayed off path - some didn't even know they were off path. Eventually - you realise you are following a rabbit trail and the weather has changed for the worse. That's a wake up call - turn around and turn back to God. You've got a bit of work to do. Seek God - put the time and effort in and get back on path and stay on it.

Why not give it all you've got for the next 40 days - Write a Journal - Day 1 - I'm reading about the commandments and teaching of Jesus on how to live, pray and relate to others, I had a time of prayer - this Is what I asked - I felt this verse speak out to me and so on.
Day 2 - yesterday I had battles within - these are my fears and doubts - I read a verse in the bible that God told me not to fear. I had a time of prayer and asked God for an answer to a situation I was In.
Day 3 - went to church this morning - It was difficult as I was stressed but the funny thing is that the preacher talked about the problems I discussed in prayer last night - was that a coincidence?
Day 4 - I downloaded some sermons from the internet and listened to them all day. This is what stuck out from what I listened to. I think I need to write a list of all my weaknesses as this is where the enemy is likely to probe me and poke his finger in my wounds. I also need to work on those personal weaknesses - how do I go about doing that. So I prayed about all these things today & asked God to show me what I must do. What are my Priorities - what things need fixing first.
Day 5 - I realise I am often mixing with the wrong people and need to do something about it. I've got to stop doing this and this and this and do this instead.
Day 6 - I'm feeling up and down - I'm still battling with my thoughts but onwards I go. As well as tackling my spiritual life - I realise I need to get healthier and maybe start thinking about my career and other important things in life. I had a time of prayer before God - I was open and honest but also careful and respectful in my prayers. I said sorry for the things I did and that I am disappointed with myself and asked for direction and where I should be aiming to go. This feels like it's going to take some time and I'm prepared to put the time and effort in - help me be disciplined and focused. I'm all over the place - I'm not even sure I trust my own judgement about things - help me see clearly - what I must do and how to go about doing it.

And so on - for the next 40 days. Stay focused - stay disciplined. It won't be easy - but you will be blessed by it in the Long run. Discipline is learned behaviour - get a routine - pray and read first thing in the morning. Change takes time.

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,352,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@Neogaia777 , @FIRESTORM314 , @Kenny'sID , @Inagony

If I am speaking my own words, from my own flesh, then you are free to ignore them, and to disregard them. But, if I (a sister, not a brother) am speaking what the Word of God teaches, then if you disagree, you are disagreeing with God, and not with me. So, first of all, here are some scriptures from the New Testament that teach that we must obey Jesus Christ if we want to be in relationship with him.

I am including all responders here, though not all of you are necessarily disagreeing with the O.P. So, this is just FYI:

John 8:51: “Truly, truly, I say to you, if anyone keeps my word, he will never see death.”

John 14:23-24: “Jesus answered him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. Whoever does not love me does not keep my words. And the word that you hear is not mine but the Father's who sent me.”

Romans 6:16: “Don't you know that when you offer yourselves to someone to obey him as slaves, you are slaves to the one whom you obey—whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness?”

Hebrews 5:9: “…and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him.” Literally, “to those obeying him.”

1 Peter 1:2: “…who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, for obedience to Jesus Christ and sprinkling by his blood: Grace and peace be yours in abundance.”

1 John 2:3-6: “By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments. The one who says, “I have come to know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him; but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him: the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked.”

1 John 3:24: “Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us.”

1 John 5:3: “This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome…”

2 John 1:6: “And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.”

Jas. 1:21-25: Therefore, putting aside all filthiness and all that remains of wickedness, in humility receive the word implanted, which is able to save your souls. But prove yourselves doers of the word, and not merely hearers who delude themselves. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks at his natural face in a mirror; for once he has looked at himself and gone away, he has immediately forgotten what kind of person he was. But one who looks intently at the perfect law, the law of liberty, and abides by it, not having become a forgetful hearer but an effectual doer, this man will be blessed in what he does.

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,352,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Luke 9:23-25: “And he said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it. For what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses or forfeits himself?”

John 10:27-30: “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. I and the Father are one.”

Acts 26:16-18: “But rise and stand upon your feet, for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to appoint you as a servant and witness to the things in which you have seen me and to those in which I will appear to you, delivering you from your people and from the Gentiles—to whom I am sending you to open their eyes, so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.’”

2 Co. 5:15: “…and he died for all, that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for him who for their sake died and was raised.”

2 Co. 5:21: “For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.”

Gal. 2:20: “I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”

Gal. 5:19-21: “Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.” *

Galatians 6:7-8: “Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.”

Ephesians 2:8-10: “For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.”

Ephesians 4:17-24: “Now this I say and testify in the Lord, that you must no longer walk as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their minds. They are darkened in their understanding, alienated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them, due to their hardness of heart. They have become callous and have given themselves up to sensuality, greedy to practice every kind of impurity. But that is not the way you learned Christ! — assuming that you have heard about him and were taught in him, as the truth is in Jesus, to put off your old self, which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through deceitful desires, and to be renewed in the spirit of your minds, and to put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness.”

Eph. 5:3-6: But sexual immorality and all impurity or covetousness must not even be named among you, as is proper among saints. Let there be no filthiness nor foolish talk nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving. For you may be sure of this, that everyone who is sexually immoral or impure, or who is covetous (that is, an idolater), has no inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience. *

Col. 1:13-14: “For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.”

Col. 1:21-23: And although you were formerly alienated and hostile in mind, engaged in evil deeds, yet He has now reconciled you in His fleshly body through death, in order to present you before Him holy and blameless and beyond reproach— if indeed you continue in the faith firmly established and steadfast, and not moved away from the hope of the gospel that you have heard, which was proclaimed in all creation under heaven, and of which I, Paul, was made a minister.”

Titus 2:11-14: “For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people, training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age, waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people for his own possession who are zealous for good works.”

1 Pet. 1:13-16: Therefore, prepare your minds for action, keep sober in spirit, fix your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. As obedient children, do not be conformed to the former lusts which were yours in your ignorance, but like the Holy One who called you, be holy yourselves also in all your behavior; because it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.”

1 Pet. 2:9-10: “But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; for you once were not a people, but now you are the people of God; you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.”

1 Pet. 2:24-25: “He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed. For you were straying like sheep, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.”

Ro. 8:3-14: “For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace. For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God's law; indeed, it cannot. Those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

“You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him. But if Christ is in you, although the body is dead because of sin, the Spirit is life because of righteousness. If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you.

“So then, brothers, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.”

1 Jn. 1:5-9: “This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”

• Optimistic
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

If I am speaking my own words, from my own flesh, then you are free to ignore them, and to disregard them. But, if I (a sister, not a brother) am speaking what the Word of God teaches, then if you disagree, you are disagreeing with God, and not with me. So, first of all, here are some scriptures from the New Testament that teach that we must obey Jesus Christ if we want to be in relationship with him.

I am including all responders here, though not all of you are necessarily disagreeing with the O.P. So, this is just FYI:

John 8:51: “Truly, truly, I say to you, if anyone keeps my word, he will never see death.”

John 14:23-24: “Jesus answered him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. Whoever does not love me does not keep my words. And the word that you hear is not mine but the Father's who sent me.”

Romans 6:16: “Don't you know that when you offer yourselves to someone to obey him as slaves, you are slaves to the one whom you obey—whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness?”

Hebrews 5:9: “…and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him.” Literally, “to those obeying him.”

1 Peter 1:2: “…who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, for obedience to Jesus Christ and sprinkling by his blood: Grace and peace be yours in abundance.”

1 John 2:3-6: “By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments. The one who says, “I have come to know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him; but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him: the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked.”

1 John 3:24: “Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us.”

1 John 5:3: “This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome…”

2 John 1:6: “And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.”

Jas. 1:21-25: Therefore, putting aside all filthiness and all that remains of wickedness, in humility receive the word implanted, which is able to save your souls. But prove yourselves doers of the word, and not merely hearers who delude themselves. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks at his natural face in a mirror; for once he has looked at himself and gone away, he has immediately forgotten what kind of person he was. But one who looks intently at the perfect law, the law of liberty, and abides by it, not having become a forgetful hearer but an effectual doer, this man will be blessed in what he does.

Not sure how I got on that list :), I'm all for obeying Jesus, it's a must and part of real faith.

Upvote 0