Hawk Newsome BLM "If this country doesn't give us what we want we will burn down the system.."

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,694.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I don't see that. I see people having a deeper reckoning about who we idolize, and idealize. I think that's a sign of maturity.

Legally, yes. But laws aren't magical. And just becuase some of them are off the books, doesn't mean their effects don't linger.

Here's an idea - take your hypothesis to your local BLM chapter. I'm sure they'll be enthralled to hear your insights into their lived experience.

I take no issue with the removal of certain statues of the Confederate states. However lawlessness should not prevail. These statues and the times they represent should be taken down and placed in a museum. Then the history of the slave south can be seen as real history. But they should be removed by the communities through a governmental process and not by lawless hoards.

Laws do not and never will repair loss of those that suffered loss. They are not meant to. They are meant to prevent it from happening to others. And the removal of some laws are also done to prevent loss upon a person or people created by those laws. Such as Jim Crowe.

However those that suffered are no longer suffering. And in fact most in existence do not or have not suffered under those conditions. Secondly, to seek to subdue those that never perpetuated that crime us equally wicked. The black man has the same opportunities that the white man has. There is nothing that he cannot achieve nor is there anywhere he cannot live. He is not prevented from any career not from any education. He is free to travel and to own whatsoever he will. Just as any other person.

There is racism still in this world. There will always be racism in this world. I know if black people who have suffered it at the hands of some white people. I know of white people who have suffered racism at the hands of black people.

But today we are seeing a cultish creation of making the white man suffer for the sins of the past for which they hold no responsibility.

And BLM is a far left extremist, Marxist organization who wishes to destroy the general principles on which this country was founded. It wishes to destroy the nuclear family, and economic freedom. BLM is not about simple racial equality.

We are all for racial equality.

• Winner
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,694.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Whilst I'm not in favour of any kind of anarchy, I'm not sure how different this statement is to that of many pro-gun-rights/ pro-second amendment people.

"If this country doesn't give us what we want, then we will take up arms against the system and replace it"

It would be more accurate a comparison to equate pro gun rights to civil rights. So if the government was coming after the black communities to take away their civil rights and reinstate Jim Crowe laws then I would say they would be in a position to take up arms and change it.

• Agree
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Try mentioning gun ownership restrictions or gun bans and you'll inevitably get a crop of pro-2A people issuing warnings about how they're armed so the government can't take their guns away. It's the entire basis of the second amendment for many people.

I'm not saying there aren't pro-gun people who are more reasonable, believe 2A related to the national guard etc. etc. but there's a large proportion of them who go the whole 9 yards.

You'll find that sort of "range of ideals" on just about any issue.

To clarify, you can't say "try mentioning gun ownership restrictions or gun bans and you'll get..." Restrictions and bans are two entirely different things.

I'd be 100% in favor of certain restrictions, I'd in no way support bans.

SCOTUS 2008 DC v. Heller already determined that gun ownership didn't just apply to the militia and was an individual right.

Penn & Teller did a great video about it, unfortunately, Penn dropped some language in there so I can't directly link it here.

Upvote 0

Eight Foot Manchild

His Supreme Holy Correctfulness
Sep 9, 2010
Somerville, MA, USA
✟147,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
However those that suffered are no longer suffering.

Why do you keep talking to pasty white me? Go tell them that their fight is over. I'm sure they'll be thrilled to hear it.

And BLM is a far left extremist

No they aren't. You have probably never met a far left extremist in your life.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If a statue is erected specifically for the purpose of showing reverence to a problematic idea (like most of the confederate statues were), then there's justification for wanting them removed and not having them on public property or kept up on the taxpayer's dime.

However, if the statue is to honor accomplishments of someone who did some great things, but happened to act unethically in other areas, simply having a statue doesn't normalize that behavior.

When the first calls to remove confederate statues came, and people started presenting slippery slope arguments about how it wouldn't stop with confederate statues, I accused them of a "right wing slippery slope fallacy", as it turns out, they can come back and call me out for that because they were right and I was wrong. It didn't stop with confederate statues. There are now calls to remove statues of Lincoln as well.

If one wants to tear down the statues of the Confederacy, and as soon as that fight is won, (which it largely has been, you're seeing it getting removed from state houses (Mississippi, the last state to have it, is officially removing it) and Nascar is forbidding it, I think it's safe to say the "let's get rid of confederate stuff" fight has been won)...and not a week later, many of those same folks immediately zeroed in on Lincoln statues (the guy fighting against the confederacy), then one has to question whether or not it was actually about the confederacy, or if there was a bigger objective in mind...

Given that they didn't stop at Confederate iconography, is there any reason to think they would stop at Lincoln if people gave into that one and let the Lincoln statues come down?

The difference is that one concept is a reasonable concept that reasonable people can agree with. You even agree with the concept of removing confederate statues from positions of civic honor.

What makes you presume that the majority of other people don't stand on the same conclusion as you and will reject the unreasonable demands of "they" just as you do?

Most black people assent to the basic concept that the lives of black suspects should matter to police just as much as the life of Dylann Roof mattered. We assented to that concept before anyone made it a hashtag. BLM jumped on board of an already broadly accepted sentiment...they didn't create it.

We broadly assented to the basic concept of removing Confederate statues from positions of civic honor long before anyone claiming to speak for BLM jumped on board. BLM didn't create the sentiment, they merely jumped on board.

Do not presume that black people are going to broadly jump on board with a fringe sentiment created by someone whose just got a website or microphone and claimed to be a spokesperson for black interests.

Don't presume we are not reasonable.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It would be more accurate a comparison to equate pro gun rights to civil rights. So if the government was coming after the black communities to take away their civil rights and reinstate Jim Crowe laws then I would say they would be in a position to take up arms and change it.

Well, actually Republicans are continually trying to repeal the Voting Rights Act.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well, actually Republicans are continually trying to repeal the Voting Rights Act.

Weeding out fraud doesn't repeal the Voting Rights Act.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Weeding out fraud doesn't repeal the Voting Rights Act.
There have been specific bills introduced by Republicans to repeal the Voting Rights Act. That's not "weeding out fraud."

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
There have been specific bills introduced by Republicans to repeal the Voting Rights Act. That's not "weeding out fraud."

Enabling places to require voters to prove who they claim to be prior to voting is, and it was part of the process.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The difference is that one concept is a reasonable concept that reasonable people can agree with. You even agree with the concept of removing confederate statues from positions of civic honor.

What makes you presume that the majority of other people don't stand on the same conclusion as you and will reject the unreasonable demands of "they" just as you do?

Most black people assent to the basic concept that the lives of black suspects should matter to police just as much as the life of Dylann Roof mattered. We assented to that concept before anyone made it a hashtag. BLM jumped on board of an already broadly accepted sentiment...they didn't create it.

We broadly assented to the basic concept of removing Confederate statues from positions of civic honor long before anyone claiming to speak for BLM jumped on board. BLM didn't create the sentiment, they merely jumped on board.

Do not presume that black people are going to broadly jump on board with a fringe sentiment created by someone whose just got a website or microphone and claimed to be a spokesperson for black interests.

Don't presume we are not reasonable.

It's not the Black community I'm worried about in that regard, it's the "woke white kids"...I'd agree that the overwhelming majority of the Black community would likely be content with removing just the confederate stuff and be more reasonable and nuanced on other matters.

An idea that may only exist in the fringes of the Black community have had a way of becoming "mainstream woke-ness" among 18-25 white kids over the past few years.

A picture says a thousand words, and this picture seems to conform what I just kind of highlighted. (and touches on one of the things you mentioned too)

Here's one of the organizers of the effort to remove a statue of Lincoln, surrounded by people who showed up to support the effort.

EbPEzvbVAAAqoaT

upload_2020-7-6_19-2-35.png

It's a fringe sentiment of the movement, being led by a person with a megaphone, claiming to be a spokesman for Black interests, surrounded by all of the woke white kids who showed up to support it.

Jimmy Fallon didn't have to give a graveling apology because the majority of Black people were offended by his impersonation of Chris Rock, he had to do it because a bunch of woke white kids (who probably took their queues from one of the "person with a megaphone" types you described)

If you search twitter for the hashtag "#jimmyfallonisoverparty"...the responses are actually quite telling.

I see a bunch of the woke white kids posting things like this:
upload_2020-7-6_19-10-14.png

upload_2020-7-6_19-19-13.png

Meanwhile, I see a lot of Black people posting things like this:
upload_2020-7-6_19-13-44.png

upload_2020-7-6_19-15-50.png

upload_2020-7-6_19-18-8.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,694.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Then of course there is the poo pooing away that the protestors will go into the neighborhoods and cause problems. Well they did it in Seattle and now in East Memphis where they protested and shot fireworks at a District Attorneys house and took his flags. All of course are against the law.
Then they marched into Beverly Hills residential areas.

BLM Protesters Storm Beverly Hills Neighborhood: ‘Eat the Rich!’ | News Break

But hey, there's nothing to see here. They are not going to bother you, just the inner cities.

Oh yeah and they also broke into a gated community in St Louis.

• Agree
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,694.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Why do you keep talking to pasty white me? Go tell them that their fight is over. I'm sure they'll be thrilled to hear it.

No they aren't. You have probably never met a far left extremist in your life.

Yeah I have, there are a number of them on this board. And BLM is far left extremism Marxists

• Agree
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,694.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Now they are tearing down statues of Frederick Douglas. It's obvious this has become a thing with the left. Let's just tear down every statue we come across. Doesn't matter who it was or what they did. It's pathetic.

But it does show the destructive capability of the left. Folks it's coming and I think it's going to get worse. It's only the beginning. They have everyone running scared right now and people don't want their businesses harmed so they are jumping on the bandwagon to protect themselves. Left leaning politicians are seeing the chance to see their power grow if they can also jump on. Or they are afraid of the consequences if they don't.

This is getting very interesting indeed.

• Agree
Reactions: Radagast
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's not the Black community I'm worried about in that regard, it's the "woke white kids"...I'd agree that the overwhelming majority of the Black community would likely be content with removing just the confederate stuff and be more reasonable and nuanced on other matters.

An idea that may only exist in the fringes of the Black community have had a way of becoming "mainstream woke-ness" among 18-25 white kids over the past few years.

A picture says a thousand words, and this picture seems to conform what I just kind of highlighted. (and touches on one of the things you mentioned too)

Here's one of the organizers of the effort to remove a statue of Lincoln, surrounded by people who showed up to support the effort.

EbPEzvbVAAAqoaT

View attachment 280393

It's a fringe sentiment of the movement, being led by a person with a megaphone, claiming to be a spokesman for Black interests, surrounded by all of the woke white kids who showed up to support it.

Jimmy Fallon didn't have to give a graveling apology because the majority of Black people were offended by his impersonation of Chris Rock, he had to do it because a bunch of woke white kids (who probably took their queues from one of the "person with a megaphone" types you described)

That Tropic Thunder thing: Black people are well aware that Robert Downey Jr was playing an actor who was in blackface as a satire on white people taking black roles. In fact, a black actor in the movie played a character who directly called him in on it (just in case the audience didn't get the satire).

Black people got the satire. We thought Tropic Thunder was funny. We also thought Blazing Saddles was funny.

Yeah, it's these "woke white kids" and a minority of young woke black kids (who are contemptuously called "hoteps").

Some of this is normal "every generation" adolescence. But right now, a huge portion is a spirit of nihilism that has engulfed Generation Z. Like my generation is called "the Boomers," Generation Z is gaining the applellation "the Doomers" even from Millennials.

Look at the photographs you posted. Are there any blacks in that picture besides the guy with the megaphone? Undoubtedly, he's a hotep. But everyone else in those photographs are Doomers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

EbPEzvbVAAAqoaT

This is, of course, the memorial paid for by actual black freed slaves. It depicts a free slave in the moment of rising up.

It is the voice of actual black freed slaves.

Nothing can give a better illustration of how the "woke" movement silences the voices of actual black people.

• Agree
Reactions: ThatRobGuy
Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is, of course, the memorial paid for by actual black freed slaves. It depicts a free slave in the moment of rising up.

It is the voice of actual black freed slaves.

Nothing can give a better illustration of how the "woke" movement silences the voices of actual black people.
Its called the "woke" movement because they slept thru history class and have just recently woken up.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,694.00
Faith
Pentecostal
BLM is a radical leftist Marxist organization. I will keep saying it. It is not a simple anti-police violence small organization. It is an organization with terrorists on the board of the charity handling BLM. They are receiving millions and millions of dollars including from the Rides Foundation and wait for it.....George Soros.

A Convicted Terrorist Sits on Board of Charity Handling Black Lives Matter Fundraising - Tennessee Star

Dark Money-Billionaires Buffett, Gates, Soros Funding Black Lives Matter, Antifa - Named by AG Barr in Riots, Looting – Hijacking Peaceful George Floyd Death Racial Justice Protests

Black Lives Matter cashes in with $100 million from liberal foundations

It definitely cannot be denied as to what BLM is any more.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
And thank you for attempting to make things personally about me. I appreciate your interest in me, but the thread was created about a subject, not a particular person.

Uh ...

I was thinking the same thing! He's talking the same way the violent ones do when they're being "interviewed" by "journalists".

Upvote 0

Eight Foot Manchild

His Supreme Holy Correctfulness
Sep 9, 2010
Somerville, MA, USA
✟147,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
BLM is a radical leftist Marxist organization. I will keep saying it. It is not a simple anti-police violence small organization. It is an organization with terrorists on the board of the charity handling BLM. They are receiving millions and millions of dollars including from the Rides Foundation and wait for it.....George Soros.

A Convicted Terrorist Sits on Board of Charity Handling Black Lives Matter Fundraising - Tennessee Star

Dark Money-Billionaires Buffett, Gates, Soros Funding Black Lives Matter, Antifa - Named by AG Barr in Riots, Looting – Hijacking Peaceful George Floyd Death Racial Justice Protests

Black Lives Matter cashes in with $100 million from liberal foundations

It definitely cannot be denied as to what BLM is any more.

Nice choice of sources, there. Get a crayon and draw me some news, why don’t you?

Upvote 0