Hawk Newsome BLM "If this country doesn't give us what we want we will burn down the system.."

J Bella Funk

Jan 20, 2018
USA
✟28,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is getting pretty scary. He also doubles down on the statement made by Shaun King that white Jesus is a form of white supremacy which you can see in the video below.

president Hawk Newsome:

“If this country doesn't give us what we want, then we will burn down this system and replace it.”

leader of Black Lives Matter's New York chapter on Wednesday said the movement was prepared to "burn down this system" if the U.S. does not work with participants to enact real change.

"If this country doesn't give us what we want, then we will burn down this system and replace it," said Hawk Newsome, chairman of Black Lives Matter of Greater New York, during an interview with Fox News. "I could be speaking figuratively, I could be speaking literally. It's a matter of interpretation."

Newsome went on to clarify that while "I don't condone nor do I condemn rioting," the measurable change that has occurred in recent weeks began in the wake of property destruction caused by rioters.

"This country is built upon violence," Newsome said, pointing to the American Revolution and modern American diplomacy as examples. "We go in and we blow up countries and we replace their leaders with leaders who we like. So for any American to accuse us of being violent, it's extremely hypocritical."

https://www.newsweek.com/blm-leader-well-burn-system-down-if-us-wont-give-us-what-we-want-1513422

I don't allow this to anger me, and I pray for spiritual guidance for myself, family, and all of America. I am worried for the cities where these movements are taking place. What is this kind of behavior teaching the young generation of America? What are parents telling their children about this movement? I pray that America can come together and unite as one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Planned Parenthood stands with BLM. More black babies are aborted annually in NYC than born alive.

I have facts regarding police brutality which I'll post on another thread.

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
"This country is built upon violence," Newsome said, pointing to the American Revolution and modern American diplomacy as examples. "We go in and we blow up countries and we replace their leaders with leaders who we like. So for any American to accuse us of being violent, it's extremely hypocritical."

He's not wrong.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Jesus wasn't white.

With regard to the current uprising, I contend that the cry of "Black Lives Matter" is, at bottom, a reaction to the reluctance of those in power to make the kind of changes necessary to make justice a reality for African Americans. I think America must see that riots do not develop out of thin air. Certain conditions continue to exist in our society which must be condemned as vigorously as we condemn riots. But in the final analysis, a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it that America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the treatment of African Americans by police has worsened over the last few years (e.g., abandoning consent decrees). It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that segments of our society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice, equality, and humanity. And so in a real sense our nation's summers of riots are caused by our nation's winters of delay. And as long as America postpones justice, we stand in the position of having these recurrences of violence and riots over and over again. Social justice and progress are the absolute guarantors of riot prevention.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
He's not wrong.

He's certainly in agreement with those "protesters" who have been violent. He's just showing himself to be in their camp.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
He's certainly in agreement with those "protesters" who have been violent. He's just showing himself to be in their camp.

America was founded on violent protest. The whole country is in that camp.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
He needs prison time for sedition.
Our “founding fathers” committed sedition. That’s the problem here. We all support fighting back against an oppressive government. But we have different opinions on when and in what ways the government is being oppressive. I’ve been hearing for years that we have the right to own a gun because we may need to use it against our own government. The same people who talk about being ready to kill to protect their freedom are clutching their pearls over defaced statues.

Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Duration of the protest is turning to rebellion. If rebellion continues everyone in America will suffer. However if equality is not felt by the protest then the ability to protest will become no avail so the next step will be a militant movement.

Joining ties with other groups who want to topple the system. Therefore every American will be forced to choose a side. The horrid outcome is civil war will happen before the change protested for happens.

So the leaders will win and Americans will die. Which was the reason for the protest.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
“If this country doesn't give us what we want, then we will burn down this system and replace it.”

leader of Black Lives Matter's New York chapter on Wednesday said the movement was prepared to "burn down this system" if the U.S. does not work with participants to enact real change.

"If this country doesn't give us what we want, then we will burn down this system and replace it," said Hawk Newsome, chairman of Black Lives Matter of Greater New York, during an interview with Fox News. "I could be speaking figuratively, I could be speaking literally. It's a matter of interpretation."

Newsome went on to clarify that while "I don't condone nor do I condemn rioting," the measurable change that has occurred in recent weeks began in the wake of property destruction caused by rioters.

https://www.newsweek.com/blm-leader-well-burn-system-down-if-us-wont-give-us-what-we-want-1513422

I don't allow this to anger me, and I pray for spiritual guidance for myself, family, and all of America. I am worried for the cities where these movements are taking place. What is this kind of behavior teaching the young generation of America? What are parents telling their children about this movement? I pray that America can come together and unite as one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Planned Parenthood stands with BLM. More black babies are aborted annually in NYC than born alive.

Sounds like something a terrorist would say.
M

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is getting pretty scary. He also doubles down on the statement made by Shaun King that white Jesus is a form of white supremacy which you can see in the video below.

president Hawk Newsome:

I saw this myself. It is very concerning how anyone is buying this agenda. But they are.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I saw this myself. It is very concerning how anyone is buying this agenda. But they are.

As long as information like that is confined to sites such as CF, and never see the light of day in the mainstream media or the 6 o'clock news, no one will ever know about it besides us who are labeled as being on the fringe.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Youtube flags a video for dangerous and inappropriate content for saying "in this position white is always better". It is a video on a chess game discussing black and white pieces.

Well, we all know "white" is evil, whether it be white people, or white chess pieces. Makes me hate wintertime with all that evil white snow on the ground, with all its white privilege. Hey, maybe winter will be banned! ;)

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like something a terrorist would say.
M

I agree.
world-us-canada-52496514.jpg

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Jesus wasn't white.

He was Jewish, correct?

While I can't think of any historian who would suggest that he looked like Barry Gibb (as many of the pop-culture, mainstream art would depict him as), but based on their consensus, he was a :

"Palestinian Jewish man living in Galilee"

If we just look at some other folks who fit that description...

Many would be considered "white guys" by most peoples' standards at first glance...or if they weren't wearing any religiously-identifying clothing, perhaps "light skinned Latino"

As an atheist, I don't have any skin in the game here, but I do know of the propensity of many folks to "create God in their own image" (when I believe the book says it's the other way around), so just about every culture with a large Christian contingent has their own version of "what Jesus looked like"

upload_2020-6-29_19-46-39.jpeg

upload_2020-6-29_19-47-9.jpeg

514Ch0KSJ3L.jpg

upload_2020-6-29_19-48-17.jpeg

In any case, if anyone is trying to make a case for "race shouldn't play a factor", it would seem that bickering over "what color was Jesus" probably isn't a prologue to that message.

Upvote 0