Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It has been a joyous Sabbath.

Thank you all, for the guidance
You don't owe me any thanks. That must go to God for no human being has anything that they have not been first given. I know I'm not something special. I know, like Paul, that I am the chief of sinners.

Psalms 40:1 I waited patiently for the Lord; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.*n1
2 He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.*n2
3 And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord.
4 Blessed is that man that maketh the Lord his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.
5 Many, O Lord my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟96,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Heh, I've got you beat.

Anyway, I'm reading that chapter in The Desire of Ages.
Wonderful stuff.
I doubt it, but this thread isn't about how evil we are but about the healing power of God.

That chapter is very deep. I can't tell you how many times I've read it over the last 40+ years and I'm still learning from it.

Upvote 0

Gary O'

Dec 27, 2020
Oregon
✟100,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That chapter is very deep. I can't tell you how many times I've read it over the last 40+ years and I'm still learning from it.
Yeah, I'm on it.
It's jammed.
Heh, I still get new thoughts when reading Steps to Christ, and I've read it many times.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟96,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yeah, I so get that.
He's been working hard on me.
I've asked for it and He's giving it.
God's promises are 100% sure. He will never let you down. He will never break His word. It's like it says in the chapter Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled that the disciples didn't really grasp the promises of Jesus because they still didn't understand who Jesus was as they had to unlearn much of what they had been taught all their lives. We have the exact same problem. We don't understand who Jesus really is and that his promises are to be fulfilled literally in our lives if we will just trust Him like the kid who jumps off the porch into his fathers arms never for a second doubting that his father is going to catch him.

I don't know how many times I've been told that we can't really expect literal fulfillment of God's promises. It's just a flat out lie. We don't see the answers to our prayers because we don't believe.

Mark 9:16 And he asked the scribes, What question ye with them?
17 And one of the multitude answered and said, Master, I have brought unto thee my son, which hath a dumb spirit;
18 And wheresoever he taketh him, he teareth him: and he foameth, and gnasheth with his teeth, and pineth away: and I spake to thy disciples that they should cast him out; and they could not.
19 He answereth him, and saith, O faithless generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him unto me.
20 And they brought him unto him: and when he saw him, straightway the spirit tare him; and he fell on the ground, and wallowed foaming.
21 And he asked his father, How long is it ago since this came unto him? And he said, Of a child.
22 And ofttimes it hath cast him into the fire, and into the waters, to destroy him: but if thou canst do any thing, have compassion on us, and help us.
23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.
24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.
25 When Jesus saw that the people came running together, he rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him.
26 And the spirit cried, and rent him sore, and came out of him: and he was as one dead; insomuch that many said, He is dead.
27 But Jesus took him by the hand, and lifted him up; and he arose.

If we would just believe the word of God what a difference it would make in our lives and in the world.

• Winner
Reactions: Gary O'
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟910,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, I'm on it.
It's jammed.
Heh, I still get new thoughts when reading Steps to Christ, and I've read it many times.

Yep - that's how it goes - God's messages have infinite depth because God the Holy Spirit is right there by our side each time we read one of them.

• Winner
Reactions: Gary O'
Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟96,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yep - that's how it goes - God's messages have infinite depth because God the Holy Spirit is right there by our side each time we read one of them.
Now that I agree with. The plumb less depths of scripture and the SOP are the stamp of God's authorship. Only His mind can create such multilevel writings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums