Have you ever kept attending a church while feeling you weren't part of the clique?

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Dude - you need to find a better congregation. The entire group is supposed to be ASSEMBLED, not just collected together once or twice a week. Everyone needs to be a part of other congregants' lives.

Dave,

The Holy Spirit unpacked this earlier today in a dream. Stumbling on your post was the cherry on top. Yes to all of that. Well said! :)

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Upvote 0
Dec 22, 2010
✟9,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
I've been in the same type of congregation. I feel ignored and it feels tough just to keep going
I have been and it is very hard to keep going. I found myself bouncing around from church to church and when I thought I had it I was asked to leave because I wasn't on their rolls.

I was with a wonderful church once and we had a great fellowship there and I was the new one on the block and was very welcomed and able to join in and I belonged there. Unfortunately, after 4 years travesty hit and the Bishop closed our small church although we were growing so much, but not with the right hands we were a poorer church, not with a lot of wealth.

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟936,880.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
and when I thought I had it I was asked to leave because I wasn't on their rolls.

:openmouth: Oh, my. I have never heard of such a thing! I think I would want to leave any church that asked people to leave.

Upvote 0

justme6272

Jul 3, 2011
✟87,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No. If you never feel you "belong" anywhere, why would you keep going?
Coffee, pastry, donuts, friendly people, but who happen to be liberal Democrats who are determined to infiltrate traditional churches, eventually gain the majority, and takeover everything. So, certain benefits, but not like-mindedness in spirit, truth, Biblical interpretation, or politics. With so many preachers having stream-on-demand sermons recorded, adequate teaching is available without leaving the house, but there's no fellowship in that. The alternative in another church is no free breakfast, less friendly people, but like-mindedness in truth and politics, even if you show up and leave having never spoken to anyone. How to choose?

Last edited:
Upvote 0