Have you ever brought a weapon to school?

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,543.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Does my mind count?

734865_520621601293356_1929822371_n.jpg

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
OK. Well this non-American wants to know: if you acknowledge that something has changed, then shouldn't you change the law to deal with the new reality? Because you're not living in the 80's anymore, and wishful thinking won't change that, will it?
The kinds of "legal changes" people tend to call for are actually against the Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land. Hence, they're against the law. Furthermore, what hasn't changed is the problem that the Second Amendment is meant to counter. Amending the Constitution to repeal it would therefore be unwise, especially if it works out the way the 18th Amendment did (which itself had to be repealed via the 21st Amendment).

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,481.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Never a knife or a gun.

I did bring some surplus training equipment (obviously non-functional, along with a genuine Army canteen, fatigues etc.). This is edited to not give the wrong idea. I don't even own a firearm as an adult, but there was a time when I was into military stuff as a kid. It didn't raise eyebrows back then, let alone lead to disciplinary action like it might today.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

frater_domus

Faith is all that matters.
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2018
Berlin
✟186,302.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, I am regularly carrying a bow with me. I was also considering to do the Berlin University Shooting. But it probably wouldn’t make headlines, as the bow is not actually classified as a weapon in Germany and my killrate would be waaaaay to low. Too bad that I need a license to own a gun over here :D

Yeah, sorry. My humour is a bit off the road right now. Carry on :D

Upvote 0

alsughasoughaiuyfygh

Site Supporter
Aug 26, 2015
Unknown
✟681,328.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No but I did bust a Grade 7 student slashing bicycle tires with a butterfly knife. There was a group of other Grade 7 kids taunting him saying he was going to jail and I had to alert the teachers before it got out of control.

Knowing my principal, the kid probably got a stern talking to for it.

• Friendly
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums