Have you ever brought a weapon to school?

Servant68

Sleepless 300 miles from Seattle
Jun 30, 2015
The Pacific Northwest
✟73,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I did. Almost every day I carried a Buck knife in a leather case on my belt.

This is what I carried in a public high school in plain view of teachers and other students:

s-l1000.jpg

And during hunting season, which is most of the year in Idaho, I had any number of rifles or shotguns in my car in the parking lot.

Dozens of students did the same. Guns were even brought into the school to show a curious teacher who wanted to see your new deer rifle.

There was never a single stabbing or shooting or incident in the entire history of my school.

And I'm not all that ancient; I'm in my 40's. This was in the 80's that our culture hadn't deteriorated yet.

The point of this post isn't to start a political debate or argument about gun control. The point is to educate the mostly young and European folks here that something has changed in America over the past 30 years and it isn't the easy access to weapons.

It's the hearts of the students and young people; they are corrupted and lost. Our society has denigrated to the point that our schools need to resemble prisons in order to be secure.

Please remember this fact when you ponder and argue what can be done about the tragedies occurring in American schools.

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,159.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Does a rock qualify? I even picked it on school grounds.

There was a bully and I hit him on the head with the rock. I did not throw it but walked to him and swung my arm with the rock to pound his head with it. Luckily, I did not injure him permanently. But he did not bully again.

My dad also nearly stabbed a bully when he was a kid. I guess it runs in the family.

Bullying is a risky thing and parents should not tolerate it. Bullies can get killed or maimed for life from retaliatory attacks. Nobody learns by dying or being permanently damaged.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,159.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It's the hearts of the students and young people; they are corrupted and lost. Our society has denigrated to the point that our schools need to resemble prisons in order to be secure.

Please remember this fact when you ponder and argue what can be done about the tragedies occurring in American schools.

I agree it's the corrupt culture these kids have these days, NOT the guns. This is actually the fault of our leaders, not just politicians but also big businesses. All they care about is making money, not caring at all influencing the younger generation in a better culture.

They have made a cold and heartless culture and it will have consequences.

Reactions: Servant68
Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Most of the killer students had psychological problems and medication and often known by the FBI.
Some say they're perfect patsies for the gun control (anti-2nd amendment) agenda.
There's even evidence to support that theory.

• Agree
Reactions: Noxot
Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
well the kind of person that shoots up schools is a very tiny minority, most people are terrible to others in less evil ways.

I think gun laws are already oppressive enough. I don't own a gun because I don't feel that I should have to pay someone a fee in order to protect myself and others. it bothers me that I don't have a gun, especially after being assaulted by two people who thought it would be a good idea to rob me. it sucks losing a fight to evil people.

most of the time people tend to get along well enough.

can't remember if I ever brought a weapon to school.

Last edited:
Reactions: Servant68
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I sent a butter knife in my son's lunch once when he was in 4th grade, and a teacher confiscated it. I had to go to the school to pick it up, and was told "weapons" are not allowed. They understood that I didn't understand that was considered a weapon, so they were letting us off with a warning. :rolleyes:

The irony is that they had butter knives in the cafeteria. It wasn't a weapon if they provided it, but if it came from home it was? We were told if he needed one in the future, he had to get one from the lunch line.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Servant68

Sleepless 300 miles from Seattle
Jun 30, 2015
The Pacific Northwest
✟73,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I sent a butter knife in my son's lunch once when he was in 4th grade, and a teacher confiscated it. I had to go to the school to pick it up, and was told "weapons" are not allowed. They understood that I didn't understand that was considered a weapon, so they were letting us off with a warning. :rolleyes:

The irony is that they had butter knives in the cafeteria. It wasn't a weapon if they provided it, but if it came from home it was? We were told if he needed one in the future, he had to get one from the lunch line.

It's insanity like that which is causing the collapse of society. Zero common sense or intellect is what is running our schools and influencing our children.

• Agree
Reactions: Miles
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
rally round the family; pocket full of shells.

back when i was attending alternative school for the bad kids, they used to bring in bullets and place them on the radiators to see if they would heat up and go off during class. yeah, pretty stupid.

• Haha
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

NurseAbigail

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2017
NC
✟48,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Pepper spray? Lol it looked so cute, with a lipstick looking case but i stopped carrying it in my purse because i'm a klutz, for sure i'm gonna end up spraying myself anyway when i need to use it
:ahem:

Upvote 0