Have ICC or DOC Members Posted Regularly In the Past?

notreligus

Supporter
Jun 19, 2006
✟97,792.00
Faith
Non-Denom
For those who have posted here for a number of years....

Have members of the Independent Christian Church or Disciples of Christ - equally associated with the "Restoration Movement" - posted here previously on a regular basis?

It seems that there is not much participation here, at least now, and I've found the same to be true at other discussion boards where there is a Restoration Movement section. It seems that they are all dominated by Church of Christ folk, but I don't know that that was always the case.

Any comments or thoughts? Thanks.

AnthonyB

Disciple
May 17, 2008
Melbourne Australia
✟15,319.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm an irregular poster on this forum.
I would point out that your question is very US centric, using terms from the divisions that occurred in the RM in the US.
In Australia and New Zealand the churches that originated with the RM, never seriously split, and were distinct from our US cousins.
Most people from the US, presume I'd align with the DoC, but I think I would feel more at home with the Independents.

However I would agree that most boards seems to have a stronger US coC presence on them then any other part of the RM.

Upvote 0

camethodactor

Sep 21, 2007
Claremont, CA
✟15,629.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Green
Rejoice and be glad!- I'm a Disciples of Christ (DOC) seminarian at a United Methodist seminary. My calling from the Lord is to bring a union of the best of the mainline and evangelical traditions, forming new spirit filled and spirit led congregations that are affirming of all especially God's gay, lesbian, bi and transgendered children, of resurrecting dying churches and planting congregations. Theologically I'm an emergent Evangelical with a Universalist view of the gospel. My primary theological roots were in LCMS Lutheranism, Conservative Baptist, United Methodist and Brethren in Christ heritages. I have seen a strong presence of our Church of Christ sisters and brothers but I have every confidence that this board will be raised to new life with Church of Christ and Disciples voices present.
For those who have posted here for a number of years....

Have members of the Independent Christian Church or Disciples of Christ - equally associated with the "Restoration Movement" - posted here previously on a regular basis?

It seems that there is not much participation here, at least now, and I've found the same to be true at other discussion boards where there is a Restoration Movement section. It seems that they are all dominated by Church of Christ folk, but I don't know that that was always the case.

Any comments or thoughts? Thanks.

Upvote 0