gracefullamb

Apr 2, 2006
✟17,278.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
They've done other things?

The articles I read listed several public sexual acts in the middle of the day, with with a crowd to witness. None of these acts were done in a church, these acts were done in stores, museums and such.

Upvote 0

Protoevangel

Smash the Patriarchy!
Feb 6, 2004
Eugene, OR
✟33,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
They've done other things?

Well, there was the orgy in the Biology Museum of Moscow in 2008.

Dumping live cockroaches in a court room.

And they "perform and run" all over Moscow, disturbing the peace.

Upvote 0

Brooklyn Knight

On a narrow road but not narrow minded
Nov 21, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
✟20,565.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
The articles I read listed several public sexual acts in the middle of the day, with with a crowd to witness. None of these acts were done in a church, these acts were done in stores, museums and such.

Hmm. I don't know. 2 years I still believe is excessive. I'd go for a month in jail, 2 years community service, 5 years probation.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟242,773.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well that makes both our opinions worthless then since I am just as unfamiliar with their legal system. ^_^ Yeah, that is what I thought you meant, that instead of 2 years jail time they should do 2 years community service. Initially I felt the time served in jail and community service would be just. Now that I have read the entire history of their behavior escalating with each unchallenged act I am conflicted on it. I am now leaning more toward additional jail time doesn't feel so excessive and community service seems kind of pointless in light of their past sociopath like behavior.
OOOooooo, that doesn't sound too good. :o

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟242,773.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Oh, YUCK. I'm already sick, and this just made me wanna blow chow.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In the middle of the day!? :p

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I guess if they had to have an orgy, the Biology museum does seem the most appropriate museum to do it in?:p

Upvote 0

gracefullamb

Apr 2, 2006
✟17,278.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
In the middle of the day!? :p
Seriously you really need me to explain the difference of offense if it was say at midnight as opposed to noon. In the middle of the night would dictate they broke into a museum since, you know they don't stay open 24 hours 7 days a week like a Walmart or fast food joint. Thus the crowd came with them to watch their live sex show instead of being caught off guard while just visiting the museum with their family, class and friends.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm kidding, GL. Goodness.....^_^ You really thought I was serious with that comment? :o

Seriously you really need me to explain the difference of offense if it was say at midnight as opposed to noon. In the middle of the night would dictate they broke into a museum since, you know they don't stay open 24 hours 7 days a week like a Walmart or fast food joint. Thus the crowd came with them to watch their live sex show instead of being caught off guard while just visiting the museum with their family, class and friends.

Upvote 0

gracefullamb

Apr 2, 2006
✟17,278.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I'm kidding, GL. Goodness.....^_^ You really thought I was serious with that comment? :o

Actually yes because the smiley didn't show up on my computer screen until I quoted you and commented and usually you post one when your joking. So I was sitting here thinking man, the heat is making gurney slow and it must be hotter up north than down here. That is saying much since it was 128 here today.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
128 degrees F!!!!?

Crud! It's been 105-112 lately here and I've felt like my face was melting! LOL

Actually yes because the smiley didn't show up on my computer screen until I quoted you and commented and usually you post one when your joking. So I was sitting here thinking man, the heat is making gurney slow and it must be hotter up north than down here. That is saying much since it was 128 here today.

Upvote 0

gracefullamb

Apr 2, 2006
✟17,278.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
128 degrees F!!!!?

Crud! It's been 105-112 lately here and I've felt like my face was melting! LOL

Yep 128 F, and if that wasn't bad enough someone on the east coast sent us their muggy weather. For the last week and a half it has felt like we are going to get hit any second with a tropical storm, but it doesn't rain, it just gets hotter and muggier. I am so over summer!

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Where are you located again?

Yep 128 F, and if that wasn't bad enough someone on the east coast sent us their muggy weather. For the last week and a half it has felt like we are going to get hit any second with a tropical storm, but it doesn't rain, it just gets hotter and muggier. I am so over summer!

Upvote 0

ikonographics

In patience I waited patiently on the Lord
Apr 27, 2008
Greece
Visit site
✟27,987.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
What the Western media doesn't tell you about the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] Riot trial: [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] RIOT | Mercouris

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

All Englands Skies

Christian-Syndicalist
Nov 4, 2008
Midlands
✟221,468.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
What the Western media doesn't tell you about the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] Riot trial: [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] RIOT | Mercouris

I thought the senteances were over the top.

However I knew from the start more met the eye and the protesters were being painted "whitier than white", I saw a picture of protests out in support of p*ssy riot and low and behold it was red flags, hammer and sickles, it looked like a commie parade!

Also while they are against Putin and the Russian Churches support of him, it doesnt mean they arent offensive or against religion, they do aim to offend religion, like alot of the "artistic" far left types, Its trying to be said that it was simple against putin and the churches support, but thats crud, its both, their against Putin and the Churches support, but also want to offend Christianity. The whole "It wasnt a protest against religon it was........." is now in the same vain as "I am not racist, but..........."

To me this is just the typical Far Left "Cause celebre" as it has all the targets, a corrupt Nationalist Government, support from the Church, in a Christian Church etc.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟242,773.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I saw this just a few minutes ago on FB. Here's what Abbot Tryphon had to say on this story:

[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] RIOT
No Such Thing as Sacrilege in the West

Western media coverage of the Russian political organization (hardly a musical group) known as "[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] Riot" has been one of the most distorted news coverages of recent memory. Now that they have been found guilty of hooliganism and sentenced to 2 years in prison, it is worth taking a closer look at actually what happened.

This whole ugly incident has been made to appear in both Western media, and the White House, as having to do with freedom of speech and the right for these young woman to attack the evil Vladimir Putin, seen as a KGB agent who'd like to silence all dissent. That American singer Madonna would come out in full support of [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] Riot during her recent Moscow concert, has only added to the fuel. Yet is it any wonder that a woman whose whole career has been filled with sacrilegious usage of Christian imagery would now defend her fellow travelers, the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] Riot? Can Christians forget that Madonna opened a concert with herself hanging on a cross, in mockery of Christ's holy crucifixion?

This Madonna woman even had the audacity to call the holy Patriarch corrupt. How dare she step foot in Russia, a land whose very soil is filled with the blood of holy martyrs who died under the previous demonic attack on Orthodox Christianity, the Soviets. She is a fellow traveler of a new breed of Christ haters, whose support comes from "informational totalitarianism," the modern, Christianaphobic, Western media.

Most of what we've read about this infamous moment, when the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] Riot women ascended the steps leading to the iconostasis, clad in bright clothing and masks, screaming out profane "poetry" and defiling the main cathedral of the Moscow Patriarchate, was reported by Western media as "an attack on Putin". It was not an attack on Putin, but an attack on the Patriarch and the Church.

Wasn't it enough that the people in the streets of Moscow have had to be subjected to profane language delivered with music from the depths of hell, yet the West can not see the need for swift and decisive legal action? Two years in prison for such an act of defilement of Christ the Saviour Cathedral seems hardly sufficient, in my mind, to fit the crime. Better that they should have been sentenced to two years hard labor.

And then there are those who would have us believe (including the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] Riot girls, of course), that we should now offer Christian forgiveness. Yet as a Christian I believe repentance must come before forgiveness, and I am praying that two years in a Russian prison will be time sufficient for these young women to take a close look at what they've done, and truly ask forgiveness. I believe the Patriarch himself would come to the prison to hear their confessions and offer holy absolution, if they truly repent. As a Christian I will be praying for these disturbed young women, yet I do not believe letting them off with a light sentence would serve as a warning to others that we must respect the sacred places of everyone. Furthermore, I am quite sure His Holiness Patriarch Kirill has forgiven these young women, but justice must follow course. Civilized societies have laws, and there are consequences for breaking those laws.

Christianity everywhere is being attacked. There is even a movement in the United States to force police and fire chaplains, such as myself, to remove the crosses from our badges, something we will all refuse to do. For too long Christians in the West have sat by in all passivity while symbols of our Christian faith have been mocked and defiled by rock stars and entertainers. We've watched as crosses have been removed from public places and Christ centered prayers forbidden in public places by our courts. Is it any wonder we can't see the justice of the two year sentence that has been handed down in Moscow? Have we even heard what filth was shouted out in the cathedral? Read these words and dare to suggest that this was all about President Putin:

Holy [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse], [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse], Lord's [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]!
Holy [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse], [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse], Lord's [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]!
St. Maria, Virgin, become a feminist...
Patriarch Gundyaev believes in Putin
[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse], you better believed in God

Madonna said President Vladimir Putin should free the three young female band members from prison and asserted that the Russian Orthodox Church is corrupt, and the Western media ran with it. The Western media totally ignored the real truth that [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] Riot is simply a publicity-seeking group of "performance artists" who make their living by creating scandals. Would the Western media expect this Madonna woman to suggest President Barack Obama free Americans being tried in an American court? No American president would are try to intervene in an independent court decision, just as President Putin would dare not. The myth that Putin is anything but the strong leader Russia needs at this period in time is just that, a myth.

The truth is, [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] Riot actually did not say a word against President Putin during their February "punk prayer" at Christ the Savior Cathedral. They just danced feverishly in the cathedral's solea, kicking up their legs, screaming blasphemous profanity and defiling a sacred place for Orthodox Christians. If this defilement had taken place in an American synagogue or in an American Muslim mosque, you can well bet the media and the White House would have responded differently.

If we think this is the end of the attacks on Orthodox Christianity, think again. Activists of the Ukrainian feminist group Femen use a chainsaw to cut down an Orthodox cross, erected to the memory of victims of the political repression in Kiev.

With love in Christ,
Abbot Tryphon

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟242,773.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My priest was right. These women are mentally ill. Lord, have mercy. :( I pray this time in jail gives them time to reflect and maybe repent some day. They also need professional mental health help.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟242,773.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Another thought on this...reading what they've done, including all the mess they've done before this incident as far back as 2008, if this type of things happened in this country, I don't think it would be surprising if they were arrested for disturbing the peace and indecent exposure.

Upvote 0