Has the Holy Spirit explicitly led you to keep the Sabbath?

clefty

Sep 17, 2020
Chattanooga
✟16,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeah we’ll have fun keeping your 613 commandments as Jesus did if you intend to live by His example.
my 613?

What is it about the 613 you are so opposed to?

191. Not to eat a limb torn off a living creature—Deuteronomy 12:23 ?

gotta eat that meat eh?

Not in heaven you won't...or will we kill animals in heaven too?

You act as if the 10 commandments was all He kept.
do I? I even think His yearly festivals, His diet as part of His Way...

So if Jesus wrote a Torah why haven’t you written one yet?
what? Oh you mean like in the OT...well I didn't create a world yet either but if I did it would have a Sabbath...

If Jesus observed the Passover why don’t you?
I do...

If Jesus offered burnt sacrifices why don’t you?
even that is not written but implied...He did pay temple tax though...wish I could find that fish...lol

Your not following His example very well if your not keeping the 613 commandments He kept.

So I keep hearing if I keep the Sabbath I have to keep them all...so if you don't steal you have to keep them ALL too right?

The 613 Commandments (Mitzvot)

601. Not to dwell permanently in Egypt—Deuteronomy 17:16 is that too hard for you? lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟328,127.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Imge, maybe you can provide us with scripture in the new covenant, which we all are under, that tells us we have to observe any day.

Obedience to the God of the Bible is a voluntary humility. A humility "few" will find, at least according to HIM.

Upvote 0

clefty

Sep 17, 2020
Chattanooga
✟16,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It’s not? That’s not what Ellen White taught in her books.

The Sabbath will be the great test of loyalty, for it is the point of truth especially controverted. When the final test shall be brought to bear upon men, then the line of distinction will be drawn between those who serve God and those who serve Him not. While the observance of the false sabbathin compliance with the law of the state, contrary to the fourth commandment, will be an avowal of allegiance to a power that is in opposition to God, the keeping of the true Sabbath, in obedience to God’s law, is an evidence of loyalty to the Creator. While one class, by accepting the sign of submission to earthly powers, receive the mark of the beast, the other choosing the token of allegiance to divine authority, receive the seal of God (The Great Controversy, p. 605).

OK so we have two classes...those that do vs those that do not...now what?...

remember how many died having left SAVED from Egypt? AND STILL NOT GIVEN THE PROMISE...good to remember types and symbols and shadows...

remember how even circumcision did NOT prevent them from being judged as uncircumcised...did NOT save any...

Jeremiah 9: 25“Behold, the days are coming,” declares the LORD, “when I will punish all who are circumcised yet uncircumcised: 26 Egypt, Judah, Edom, Ammon, Moab, and all the inhabitants of the desert who clip the hair of their temples. For all these nations are uncircumcised, and the whole house of Israel is uncircumcised in heart.”

Even poor Stephen knew this:

Acts 7:51
You stiff-necked people with uncircumcised hearts and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit, just as your fathers did.

So again...just cuz one is keeping sabbath does NOT mean one is saved

Last edited:
Upvote 0

clefty

Sep 17, 2020
Chattanooga
✟16,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No, I do not believe your Sabbath keeping will send you to hell. But it is a fact that your church teaches that I will go to hell because I don't. I do believe that you wrote that you would provide scripture from the New Testament that we have to keep the Sabbath and now you have reneged. You then said that you would do so after we answered your post which I have done now two times. What does that say about your integrity?

40 years and you forget that denomination does not "send to hell" as it doesn't teach there is a hell to send to...but something about "the dead know nothing"

Upvote 0

clefty

Sep 17, 2020
Chattanooga
✟16,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What a load of garbage about Sunday being the day of worship for Apollos. What it fails to recognize is that pagans worships pagan gods every day of the week. How do you think each day of the week got its name? Every day of the week is named after a pagan god. By this logic one could just as easily say that Sabbatarians worship the god of Saturn because that’s what Saturday was named for. There’s nothing in the Christian church that involves worshipping apollos or any other pagan god.

Sabbath was established first...counterfeits came after...

pagans get married too...and so?

You married right? Don't mind your spouse with another cuz he/she know who they are still married to?

oh and pagans they eat food too...and so now what? we don't eat at all?

or just food He ok'd?

by our fruits we are known...so establish His Law your faith does NOT make void...

imagine your spouse misrepresenting you...is how He feels

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No, I do not believe your Sabbath keeping will send you to hell. But it is a fact that your church teaches that I will go to hell because I don't. I do believe that you wrote that you would provide scripture from the New Testament that we have to keep the Sabbath and now you have reneged. You then said that you would do so after we answered your post which I have done now two times. What does that say about your integrity?

As for keeping the Sabbath sending someone to hell I would point out that if that person is seeking to justify himself by obedience to the law then that person will most definitely go to hell. But if that person simply honors the Sabbath out of love for God and is not seeking to justify himself by obedience then he will surely not go to hell so long as he abides in Christ.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So the Holy Spirit lost His privilege to make amendments to God’s commandments? Acts 15 was His last chance to do that?
God's 10 commandments which include God's 4th commandments are according to the scriptures eternal moral laws that give us the knowledge of sin when knowingly broken *Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4 and show us our duty of love to God and man when obeyed *Matthew 22:36-40; Romans 13:8-10; James 2:8-12; Psalms 119:172. Acts 15 was over the question of is the shadow law of Moses in regard to circumcision a requirement for salvation *Acts of the Apostles 15:1-2 not if God's 10 commandments are a requirement for Christian living. Your interpretation of Acts 15 makes Paul contradict himself when he says sometime later after the meeting in Jerusalem to the Corinthians "Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God." - 2 Corinthians 7:19. Circumcision is not one of God's 10 commandments and the 10 commandments were never a topic of discussion in Acts 15.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
A person can love and honor God every day of the week. Doesn’t have to be on Saturday.
No one loves and honors God by breaking his commandments. John 15:10; John 14:15; Matthew 7:21-23 and neither do they know him 1 John 2:3-4; 1 John 3:6-9 according to the scriptures. These are those at his coming will say depart from me you who work iniquity I do not know you *Matthew 7:21-23

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sabbath was established first...counterfeits came after...

pagans get married too...and so?

You married right? Don't mind your spouse with another cuz he/she know who they are still married to?

oh and pagans they eat food too...and so now what? we don't eat at all?

or just food He ok'd?

by our fruits we are known...so establish that Law your faith does NOT make void...

So your saying The Lord’s Day is a counterfeit. I’d choose my words more carefully if I were you.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Imge, maybe you can provide us with scripture in the new covenant, which we all are under, that tells us we have to observe any day.
Sure here you go Bob...
HEBREWS 4:9 THEREFORE IT REMAINS FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO KEEP THE SABBATH
Your welcome

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Your avoiding the question because you know why I’m asking. Many of God’s commandments have been amended or abolished. Burnt offerings, circumcision, observing the Passover, writing the Torah, and the Saturday Sabbath. You go ahead and take Ellen White’s opinion on the matter over the entire Christian Church, but don’t expect me and every other Christian to place her beliefs over the beliefs of the churches established by the apostles because I can’t find Ellen Whites name listed anywhere in the scriptures as being an apostle of Christ. If anything she seems more of a Judaizer from what I see according to Paul’s teachings.
Not avoiding anything. Just trying to point out that circumcision is a law in shadows and not one of God's 10 commandments. Perhaps you did not pick that up. Try reading 1 Corinthians 7:19 and tell me what you think that means.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

clefty

Sep 17, 2020
Chattanooga
✟16,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As for keeping the Sabbath sending someone to hell I would point out that if that person is seeking to justify himself by obedience to the law then that person will most definitely go to hell. But if that person simply honors the Sabbath out of love for God and is not seeking to justify himself by obedience then he will surely not go to hell so long as he abides in Christ.

phew! glad you note the distinction of saved BY Him...IS WHY we Love Him and His Ways and His commandments are NOT burdensome...

is why "Here are they that KEEP the commandments of Yah"...and not just believe or know or hear or post about them...

and by "definitely go to hell" you mean...another counterfeit place man made up? prolly leave that for another thread...

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So your saying The Lord’s Day is a counterfeit. I’d choose my words more carefully if I were you.
The Lord's day is the Sabbath day - Matthew 12:8. There is no mention of Sunday being "the Lords day" in the bible. This is a Catholic teaching that is not biblical.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God's 10 commandments which include God's 4th commandments are according to the scriptures eternal moral laws that give us the knowledge of sin when knowingly broken *Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4 and show us our duty of love to God and man when obeyed *Matthew 22:36-40; Romans 13:8-10; James 2:8-12; Psalms 119:172. Acts 15 was over the question of is the shadow law of Moses in regard to circumcision a a requirement for salvation *Acts of the Apostles 15:1-2 not if God's 10 commandments are a requirement for Christian living. Your interpretation of Acts 15 makes Paul contradict himself when he says sometime later to the Corinthians "Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God." - 2 Corinthians 7:19. Circumcision is not one of God's 10 commandments and the 10 commandments were never a topic of discussion in Acts 15.

But you say the dietary laws must be observed also. Those aren’t in the 10 commandments.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
My memory is good. This scripture has been provided to you several times by other posters but you choose not to listen. If scripture provided by God's own finger is not good enough for you, there's not much to add. Nothing was changed in the new covenant, especially unchanging God and the
scripture He wrote with his own finger. Jesus asked us to keep the old covenant
10 commandments but in our hearts and minds. I am pretty sure you know this. Let me ask you this question. If you don't believe in Gods Holy Sabbath why do hang around on the Sabbath forums? I'm not a believer in the Catholic teachings and I'm not hanging around those forums. Do you believe Sabbath keepers are going to go to Hell?
There was a reason why JESUS spoke in parables and spoke the words of Isaiah 6:9-10 in Matthew 13:13. Paul said the same in Acts of the Apostles 28:26-27. Sometimes people only want to hear what they want to hear and see what they want to see. Sometimes we need to dust our shoes and walk away. There is nothing new under the sun.

God bless sis :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
But you say the dietary laws must be observed also. Those aren’t in the 10 commandments.

I can't take credit for what God says as they are God's Word not mine. I do not know what your post here has to do with circumcision not being one of God's 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when we knowingly break them though. To him that knows to do good and does not do it to him it is sin *James 4:17

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Psssst...Sabbath keeping is not salvific...
But neither is continuing in known unrepentant sin (breaking anyone of God's 10 commandments) once God gives us a knowledge of the truth and we reject it *Hebrews 10:26-31. We are saved by God's grace through faith. We keep God's commandments not to be saved but because we love God *John 14:15 which is the fruit of faith.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yeah we’ll have fun keeping your 613 commandments as Jesus did if you intend to live by His example. You act as if the 10 commandments was all He kept. So if Jesus wrote a Torah why haven’t you written one yet? If Jesus observed the Passover why don’t you? If Jesus offered burnt sacrifices why don’t you? Your not following His example very well if your not keeping the 613 commandments He kept.
Your quoting the shadow laws of things to come *see Hebrews 10:1-17. Do you make animal sacrifices when you sin, if not why not? How many commandments are there in God's 10 commandments according to the scriptures? Is there 9; 10; 613 or 1050? The answer is provided in these scriptures here *Exodus 34:28; Deuteronomy 4:13; Deuteronomy 10:4 if your interested.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

clefty

Sep 17, 2020
Chattanooga
✟16,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No...YOU are saying the The Lord’s Day is Sunday...

Maybe be more careful...as you counterfeit

Upvote 0