Has the Holy Spirit explicitly led you to keep the Sabbath?

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟164,016.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So they made man made teachings and traditions that broke God's 5th commandment. Wasn't that what I said earlier?
Yes, an old covenant problems...and is still exists with those who follow it today...so I don’t see it under the new covenant as the Spirit is what led you Not yourself...

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yes, an old covenant problems...and is still exists with those who follow it today...so I don’t see it under the new covenant as the Spirit is what led you Not yourself...
I see so your view of the new covenant is that we no longer need to keep Gods' 10 commandments and we are now all free to break them. That view is not biblical and will keep all those who follow it out of God's kingdom according to the scriptures. I think you were hinting at this earlier to which I asked you directly what do you think salvation is about and what do you think John 8:31-36 and 1 John 3:6-9; and the new covenant promises of Hebrews 8:10-12 and Ezekiel 36:25-27 and 1 John 2:3-4 are talking about as well as Romans 6 that disagree with you? Of course you ignored these questions. You should also consider Matthew 7:21-23. Many will be disappointed in that day. According to the scriptures unless we are born again we cannot see the kingdom of heaven *John 3:3-7 links to 1 John 3:6-9. Do you know what that means?

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟164,016.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“today” every day of the week is not a sabbath rest which is after six days of work

sabbatismos is a sabbath day keeping not a rest keeping...

certainly not a rest every day keeping...

as certainly not our faith does not make void the law but we establish it to bring His seventh day rest to others

on our way to His still promised rest STILL to come...if we do not fall from unbelief
Again 7th day Sabbath belongs to God is the day He ( God rested)...and you and I are Not God so this 7th day rest is Not for us..
Our day of rest is called “today” and is not specific to any day..
Sabbatismos is just “sabbath rest” Not a sabbath “day“ rest...

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Again 7th day Sabbath belongs to God is the day He ( God rested)...and you and I are Not God so this 7th day rest is Not for us..
Our day of rest is called “today” and is not specific to any day..
Sabbatismos is just “sabbath rest” Not a sabbath “day“ rest...
Woops where does it say God's Sabbath is not for us? JESUS says that the Sabbath was made for man *Mark 2:27 and he is the Lord of it in Mark 2:28 and he commands his people to keep it as a Holy day of rest in Exodus 20:8-11? Your promoting things that are not biblical again.

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟164,016.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I see so your view of the new covenant is that we no longer need to keep Gods' 10 commandments and we are now all free to break them. That view is not biblical and will keep all those who follow it out of God's kingdom according to the scriptures. I think you were hinting at this earlier to which I asked you directly what do you think salvation is about and what do you think John 8:31-36 and 1 John 3:6-9; and the new covenant promises of Hebrews 8:10-12 and Ezekiel 36:25-27 and 1 John 2:3-4 are talking about as well as Romans 6 that disagree with you? Of course you ignored these questions. You should also consider Matthew 7:21-23. Many will be disappointed in that day. According to the scriptures unless we are born again we cannot see the kingdom of heaven *John 3:3-7 links to 1 John 3:6-9. Do you know what that means?
Love is what you should do to your neighbour...” whatever other commandments there may be are sum up in this One command..Romans 13

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Love is what you should do to your neighbour...” whatever other commandments there may be are sum up in this One command..Romans 13
Your not answering any of my questions is there are reason for that? If you love God will you keep his commandments or break them? What do you think Romans 13:8-10; Matthew 22:36-40 and James 2:8-12 are talking about in your view?

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟164,016.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Woops where does it say God's Sabbath is not for us? JESUS says that the Sabbath was made for man *Mark 2:27 and he is the Lord of it in Mark 2:28 and he commands his people to keep it as a Holy day of rest in Exodus 20:8-11? Your promoting things that are not biblical again.
Again you didn’t read my post properly i said the 7th day Sabbath” Not the Sabbath itself...
There is a difference in the “day’” and the “sabbath rest”

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Again you didn’t read my post properly i said the 7th day Sabbath” Not the Sabbath itself...
There is a difference in the “day’” and the “sabbath rest”
That does not make any sense. Did you wish to explain yourself a little better? God's 4th commandment Sabbath rest is on the seventh day of the week according to the scriptures *Genesis 2:1-3; Exodus 20:8-11

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟164,016.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your not answering any of my questions is there are reason for that? If you love God will you keep his commandments or break them? What do you think Romans 13:8-10; Matthew 22:36-40 and James 2:8-12 are talking about in your view?
And His commandments is to Believe in the name of His Son and Love one another

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
How how does Romans 13:8-10 say love is expressed. Cmon your getting warmer don't stop here. What does the scripture actually say? You don't need me to post it do you here for you do you?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟164,016.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That does not make any sense. Did you wish to explain yourself a little better? God's 4th commandment Sabbath rest is the seventh day *Genesis 2:1-3; Exodus 20:8-11
Sabbath means rest..and since God rest on the 7th day it becomes the 7th day Sabbath..”the Sabbath of the Lord” because It is when God rested from His works...So sabbath (rest) AND the day (7th day)..

Eg...if God rested on the 6th day then Gods Sabbath is the 6th day Sabbath

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sabbath means rest..and since God rest on the 7th day it becomes the 7th day Sabbath..”the Sabbath of the Lord” because It is when God rested from His works...So sabbath (rest) AND the day (7th day)..

Eg...if God rested on the 6th day then Gods Sabbath is the 6th day Sabbath

No Sabbath does not mean rest. It means every seventh day in the Hebrew. But the Hebrew word comes from the root word which means rest in GENESIS 2:1-3 The rest of your post does not make any sense did you wish to explain your self a little further? If you mean that the seventh day Sabbath is Gods' rest then your correct because that is the day God blessed and made a holy day in Genesis 2:1-3 but it is also the rest of Gods' people who enter into it by faith. That is what Hebrews 3 and Hebrews 4 is talking about.

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟164,016.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How does Romans 13:8-10 say how love is expressed. Do we love our neighbor by stealing from them? Cmon your getting warmer don't stop here what does the scripture say you quoted in Roman 13:8-10 there answer is there.
You got it the other way round love is what is expressed because of your belief or Faith...as it says Faith express through Love..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You got it the other way round love is what is expressed because of your belief or Faith...as it says Faith express through Love..
Hmmm... nope. Your not answering the question again. The answer is in Romans 13:8-10 that you were referring to earlier. Do you love your fellow man by killing your neighbor? What does Romans 13:8-10 say? You may also want to consider what JESUS says in Matthew 22:36-40 and what James says in James 2:8-12. What do you think Romans 13:8-10; Matthew 22:36-40 and James 2:8-12 are talking about in your view? How is love expressed? Do we love God by breaking his commandments? Your teaching against God's commandments, but this is not biblical according to the scriptures... see 1 John 2:3-4.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟164,016.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No Sabbath does not mean rest. It means every seventh day in the Hebrew. But the Hebrew word comes from the root word which means rest in GENESIS 2:1-3 The rest of your post does not make any sense did you wish to explain your self a little further? If you mean that the seventh day Sabbath is Gods' rest then your correct because that is the day God blessed and made a holy day in Genesis 2:1-3 but it is also the rest of Gods' people who enter into it by faith. That is what Hebrews 3 and Hebrews 4 is talking about.
Nope...Sabbath means rest ( no day included)..
I already mentioned it the 7th day Sabbath is the Sabbath of the Lord..

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I asked you directly what do you think salvation is about and what do you think John 8:31-36 and 1 John 3:6-9; and the new covenant promises of Hebrews 8:10-12 and Ezekiel 36:25-27 and 1 John 2:3-4 are talking about as well as Romans 6 that disagree with you? Of course you ignored these questions. You should also consider Matthew 7:21-23. Many will be disappointed in that day. According to the scriptures unless we are born again we cannot see the kingdom of heaven *John 3:3-7 links to 1 John 3:6-9. Do you know what that means?

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟164,016.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hmmm... nope. Your not answering the question again. The answer is in Romans 13:8-10 that you were referring to earlier. Do you love your fellow man by killing your neighbor? What does Romans 13:8-10 say? You may also want to consider what JESUS says in Matthew 22:36-40 and what James says in James 2:8-12. What do you think Romans 13:8-10; Matthew 22:36-40 and James 2:8-12 are talking about in your view? How is love expressed? Do we love God be breaking his commandments? This is what your teaching but it is not biblical ... see 1 John 2:3-4.
I already quoted Romans 13:10..

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I already quoted Romans 13:10..
Your not answering any of the questions asked of you so my time here with you is about done. You do not have to answer these questions if you do not want to just say so. Perhaps you can pray about them in your own time if you do not know what the answers are. Although the answers are in the very scriptures provided. I can understand why you do not want to answer these questions but I hope you can consider the scriptures provided and only sent in love as a help to you and not close your eyes and ears to hearing and seeing God's Word as they are God's Words dear friend not mine. I am no one.

May God bless you as you seek him through his Word.

Thanks for the discussion.

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟328,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
maybe you should lighten up as I was lol...typically BS does NOT stand for a name

Most Christendom indeed teaches the Sabbath was fulfilled and now chooses Sunday instead...

that festival of trumpets...day of atONEment...festival of booths...is STILL to be fulfilled is ALSO NOT taught by Christendom...

it seems then, that the warnings of Jesus about the dangers a future religion, a religion that “comes in His Name”, who preach that Jesus is the Christ, Are true.
A broad path followed by “many” which leads to destruction. A path in which the followers therein call Jesus Lord, Lord, but walk in lawlessness.

Could this be the “way” that the inspired Scripture says to “come out of”?

Could these be the people prophesied about in Jer. 6:16 who said “We will not walk therein” ?

And if not, then who are these Scriptures speaking about?

prudent questions to be sure.

Upvote 0