Has the Holy Spirit explicitly led you to keep the Sabbath?

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
it seems then, that the warnings of Jesus about the dangers a future religion, a religion that “comes in His Name”, who preach that Jesus is the Christ, Are true.
A broad path followed by “many” which leads to destruction. A path in which the followers therein call Jesus Lord, Lord, but walk in lawlessness.

Could this be the “way” that the inspired Scripture says to “come out of”?

Could these be the people prophesied about in Jer. 6:16 who said “We will not walk therein” ?

And if not, then who are these Scriptures speaking about?

prudent questions to be sure.

This is the mandated Sunday law that will require everyone to "rest" on the false day of Sunday. The Pope is already working on it and will be working with all nations including the US to make this a national law. It will come in the name of "peace" but its intention is to destroy Gods real day of worship which is the Sanctified and Holy seventh day Sabbath, not man-made Sunday. This law will lead many to destruction as the narrow path is for those who know this false teaching and keep the commandments of God.

Matthew 7:21-23 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Revelation 12:17 – And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Revelation 14:12 – Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

Revelation 22:14 – Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

clefty

Sep 17, 2020
Chattanooga
✟16,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Again 7th day Sabbath belongs to God is the day He ( God rested)...
it was for Him then was it? So Yahushua lied when He said it was made for Man...

Yah could have made it ALL in one BIG BANG but He chose to make it in six days with a seventh day made HOLY

Did He need this day to rest or as a reminder/memorial of Who made it ALL?

and you and I are Not God so this 7th day rest is Not for us..
He did say “the man has become like ONE OF US” not for his sabbath keeping but for knowing good and evil...which you demonstrate here...with such spent energy and twisted reasoning and logic to reject what was made for MAN...

We were MADE IN HIS IMAGE...meaning beyond what He looked like but HOW HE LIVED...including a LOVE with a seventh day MADE HOLY for rest and refreshment...

Demonstrated PRIOR the fall...and had there NOT been one it would be STILL “Thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven” the DEFAULT SETTING OF THE MANUFACTURER and FACTORY INSTALLED

Adam’s first full day was a day off...unearned...MADE FOR MAN...who in turn was MADE IN HIS IMAGE...

A sign of His People living His ways...STILL

Our day of rest is called “today” and is not specific to any day..
chose ye this day is a ONE time or every day event...Whom ye will serve...His way and not your way...and this day of choice has no cadence or pattern...and its rest is NOT complete and is STILL to come when finally we inherit our promised land...IF we do not fail to keep His other day of weekly seventh day rest...but fall from unbelief...

Sabbatismos is just “sabbath rest” Not a sabbath “day“ rest...
you might go read up on the Greek...it has different words for rest and Sabbat is actually NOT Greek but specific to a Hebrew day...a complete day and not a power hour worship service and then on to football or 2nd shift jobs...

Love is what you should do to your neighbour...” whatever other commandments there may be are sum up in this One command..Romans 13
I would hope you never have an employer work you 7 days a week...that would NOT be love...I would hope you NEVER expect one to work for you 7 days a week...that is NOT love...

A day off is indeed an inalienable RIGHT given to us by our Creator...that we have TWO in this modern age is to dilute our NEED of the Sabbath...and minimize our JOY we have them at all...

Rest is a moral right and foundational to LOVE...best understood by those that LOVE AS HE DOES...until then His ways are burdensome...

And historically the first century church grew EXACTLY because it also offered SLAVES a day off...

Again you didn’t read my post properly i said the 7th day Sabbath” Not the Sabbath itself...

There is a difference in the “day’” and the “sabbath rest”
oh my...your rebellion really does twist it all to fit your lifestyle and NOT change your lifestyle to match His way...hope you are not the bitter root of Deut 29:18-19 considering yourself safe by your own stubborn heart...

Please do not be reprobate...

Romans 1:because what may be known of God is manifest in them, because God has made it plain to them. 20For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities, Hiseternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood from His workmanship, so that men are without excuse. 21For although they knew God, they neither glorified Him as God nor gave thanks to Him, but they became futile in their thinking and darkened in their foolish hearts.…

Sabbath means rest..and since God rest on the 7th day it becomes the 7th day Sabbath..”the Sabbath of the Lord” because It is when God rested from His works...So sabbath (rest) AND the day (7th day)..
so be diligent to enter THIS holy day rest AS HE DID FROM HIS...ceasing from your work AS HE DID FROM HIS after six days of work...as per Heb 4

Eg...if God rested on the 6th day then Gods Sabbath is the 6th day Sabbath
sure IF He did...but He did NOT...there is not one mention of His love including Sunday Ham dinners...

Maybe give this a rest...accept what was made for you...and just LOVE like He did?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

clefty

Sep 17, 2020
Chattanooga
✟16,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
it seems then, that the warnings of Jesus about the dangers a future religion, a religion that “comes in His Name”, who preach that Jesus is the Christ, Are true.
A broad path followed by “many” which leads to destruction. A path in which the followers therein call Jesus Lord, Lord, but walk in lawlessness.
Paul warns of another christ another way...Peter warns about false shepherds and having heard the holy commandment returning to own former ways like dogs to their vomit...

Could this be the “way” that the inspired Scripture says to “come out of”?
come out come out of Babylon indeed...her calendar...names...ways...all abominable desolation...and counterfeit idolatry...

Could these be the people prophesied about in Jer. 6:16 who said “We will not walk therein” ?
Daniel’s warning too in the OT of those who change both times AND Law...

Idolatry was exactly what put this bride away...until He came for her and she killed Him...

And if not, then who are these Scriptures speaking about?

prudent questions to be sure.

Man has always struggled with Him and His ways...

recall the meaning of IS RA EL...and thus His people choose to submit to Him His ways...”on earth as it is in Heaven”...”His will be done” and not our own...not just to call “Lord! Lord! Did we not”...but to DO HIS will...His Ways...His times as it was before this detour or sin...

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
There is so much scripture in the Bible about the importance of "knowing" God. The Bible tells us we know Him if we keep His commandments. Matthew 7:21-23 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

It seems like most Christians are okay with the commandments with the exception of the 4th commandment. If God tells us to "rest" and keep Holy His seventh-day Sabbath like Jesus did as an example, why is this commandment so hard for everyone? Satan is working hard to gather as many souls as possible. Is it out of love? No, Satan doesn't care about us, but God wants to save us if only we could love Him with all our hearts and keep His laws.

The commandment that most Christians seem to have an issue with is Gods 4th commandant.
Exodus 20:8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

This is the only commandment that starts with the word Remember. Below is the definition of that word. For those who choose not to believe in Gods Holy day, don't you think Satan wants you to forget His Holy day? Why is Satan trying so hard to "do away" with this day. Knowing God is crucial. Why do you think the 4th commandment is so crucial for every day life. It's too easy to get caught up in this world. Having a day to "Remember" keep "Holy" the day God "Sanctified" and Blessed" every week strengthens our relationship with our Savior and getting to "know" Him every Sabbath on His day. I look forward to Sabbath every week. I worship Him every day of the week, but there is a special Blessing you receive when you worship/keep and "Remember" Him on His Sabbath day.

re·mem·ber
(rĭ-mĕm′bər)
v. re·mem·bered, re·mem·ber·ing, re·mem·bers
v.tr.
a.
To recall to the mind with effort; think of again
b. To have (something) arise in one's memory; become aware of (something) suddenly or spontaneously.
2. To retain in the memory
3. To keep (someone) in mind as worthy of consideration or recognition.
4. To reward with a gift or tip
5. To give greetings from

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hmm nope....

"The Catholic Church provided a conciliar definition of its Biblical canon in 382 at the (local) Council of Rome (based upon the Decretum Gelasianum, of uncertain authorship) as well as at the Council of Trent of 1545, reaffirming the Canons of Florence of 1442 and North African Councils (Hippo and Carthage) of 393–419" Funny that the scholars disagree to a lot of what is put out there.You may find the rest of this article interesting as well from Biblical Canon (Wikipedia).

Also, it is quite interesting that Sunday has its origin in pagan Rome which was later adopted by papal Rome...

Sunday actually made very little headway as a Christian day of rest until the time of Constantine in the fourth century. Constantine was emperor of Rome from AD 306 to 337. He was a sun worshiper during the first years of his reign. Later, he professed conversion to Christianity, but at heart remained a devotee of the sun. Edward Gibbon says, “The Sun was universally celebrated as the invincible guide and protector of Constantine.”

Constantine's Conversion by Peter Paul Rubens

Constantine created the earliest Sunday law known to history in AD 321. It says this:

"On the venerable Day of the sun let the magistrates and people residing in cities rest, and let all workshops be closed. In the country, however, persons engaged in agriculture may freely and lawfully continue their pursuits: because it often happens that another Day is not so suitable for grain sowing or for vine planting: lest by neglecting the proper moment for such operations the bounty of heaven should be lost." (Philip Schaff, History of the Christian Church Volume 3 (Edinburgh: 1884): 380, note)

Chamber’s Encyclopedia says this:

"Unquestionably the first law, either ecclesiastical or civil, by which the Sabbatical observance of that Day is known to have been ordained, is the edict of Constantine, 321 A.D."
( “Sabbath,” Chamber’s Encyclopedia Volume 11 (1982): 401, as quoted in Bible Readings for the Home Circle revised edition (Review and Herald Publishing Association, 1920).

Following this initial legislation, both emperors and Popes in succeeding centuries added other laws to strengthen Sunday observance. What began as a pagan ordinance ended as a Christian regulation by the Roman Catholic Church. Close on the heels of the Edict of Constantine followed the Catholic Church Council of Laodicea (circa 364 AD)....

"Christians shall not Judaize and be idle on Saturday (Sabbath), but shall work on that Day: but the Lord’s Day, they shall especially honour; and as being Christians, shall, if possible, do no work on that day. If however, they are found Judaizing, they shall be shut out from Christ." (Rev. Charles Joseph Hefele, Henry N. Oxenham (trans.), A History of the Church Councils from 326 to 429 Volume 2 (Edinburgh: T. and T. Clark, 1896): 316.)

Hope this helps.

The epistles of Timothy were not canonized into the Bible until Nicea which was held in 325 when the church affirmed that Sunday worship is acceptable. Constantine was a Roman emperor not an ecumenical council. So just because Constantine declares Sunday for worship doesn’t negate the FACT that id was accepted by the ecumenical council 4 years later. Your basically saying that every single Christian church had it wrong since the forth century and lucky for us Ellen white finally got it right 1500 years later. Your saying that the Holy Spirit wasn’t in attendance at the council of Nicea or that the entire Christian church fell to false teachings. Every single church established by the apostles were in attendance at Nicea and every one of them got it wrong? They all became false prophets?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The epistles of Timothy were not canonized into the Bible until Nicea which was held in 325 when the church affirmed that Sunday worship is acceptable. Constantine was a Roman emperor not an ecumenical council. So just because Constantine declares Sunday for worship doesn’t negate the FACT that id was accepted by the ecumenical council 4 years later. Your basically saying that every single Christian church had it wrong since the forth century and lucky for us Ellen white finally got it right 1500 years later. Your saying that the Holy Spirit wasn’t in attendance at the council of Nicea or that the entire Christian church fell to false teachings. Every single church established by the apostles were in attendance at Nicea and every one of them got it wrong? They all became false prophets?

Let's talk me when you study up a little more on your History and scriptures. Your making strawman arguments no one is talking about.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟325,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I imagine the mainstream preachers of Jesus And before time made the very same argument with the prophets God sent to correct their preaching as well. They had been transgressing Gods Commandments by their own religious traditions for centuries. Even though Jesus pointed out in their own Scriptures where they were promoting lies about God, they still couldn’t except the Scriptures over their own religious philosophies.

Personally I think the Bible warns of religious men, even to tell us Satan disguises itself as Apostles of Christ. Well, what religion has modern preachers claiming to be Apostles of Christ? Certainly not Islam.

But Calvin, Pink, Smith, White, Russell, the list goes on and on of religious folks, who come in Christ’s name, who claim Jesus is truly the Christ. And they all preach different doctrines. It seems Jesus warned exactly of these very things. Maybe we would listen to Him.

Upvote 0

clefty

Sep 17, 2020
Chattanooga
✟16,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

You realize the way is narrow yes? You know why? Yes?

How many of those who left Egypt made it to the promised land? Not even Moses...

Sobering foreshadow...work out our salvation with fear and trembling

But John sees multitudes like the sea...so HalleluYah He is the FINAL judge and not me...His Mercy is great...our repentance should be...to be RE-born RE-made RE-stored to Him His ways...as it was before this detour of sin...

Upvote 0

clefty

Sep 17, 2020
Chattanooga
✟16,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I imagine the mainstream preachers of Jesus And before time made the very same argument with the prophets God sent to correct their preaching as well. They had been transgressing Gods Commandments by their own religious traditions for centuries. Even though Jesus pointed out in their own Scriptures where they were promoting lies about God, they still couldn’t except the Scriptures over their own religious philosophies.

Personally I think the Bible warns of religious men, even to tell us Satan disguises itself as Apostles of Christ. Well, what religion has modern preachers claiming to be Apostles of Christ? Certainly not Islam.

But Calvin, Pink, Smith, White, Russell, the list goes on and on of religious folks, who come in Christ’s name, who claim Jesus is truly the Christ. And they all preach different doctrines. It seems Jesus warned exactly of these very things. Maybe we would listen to Him.

Indeed...off by just a degree yet over distance and time one is quite lost...and a RE-formation or better yet a RE-storation must needs take place.

I even happily concede to those insisting on lauding tradition that Peter was the "first pope"...fine...but what would he still recognize of what has become of this ekklesia which received His living oracles in the wilderness...

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The commandment from God had nothing to do with circumcision of the heart it was a commandment to cut away the foreskin.

Egyptians circumcised at that time...were they SAVED? His people? Of those circumcised in Israel how many still were lost? ironically judged AS UNCIRCUMCISED OF HEART...Muslims circumcise today are they SAVED...His people? Do the live as He did...LOVE as He loved us?

Of course circumcision is NOT the ONLY measure of SALVATION as what would women do?

Where did I say a person is saved by circumcision? I said it was a commandment of God for the Jews and foreigners living among them. I never said a person is saved by circumcision. Is a person saved by keeping the Sabbath? The pharisees Jesus rebuked and despised kept the Sabbath. Is a person saved by keeping the dietary laws? The pharisees kept the dietary laws. God gave the commandment that all Jews and foreigners living among them must be circumcised.

“This is My covenant, which you shall keep, between Me and you and your descendants after you: every male among you shall be circumcised. And you shall be circumcised in the flesh of your foreskin, and it shall be the sign of the covenant between Me and you. And every male among you who is eight days old shall be circumcised throughout your generations, a servant who is born in the house or who is bought with money from any foreigner, who is not of your descendants. A servant who is born in your house or who is bought with your money shall surely be circumcised; thus shall My covenant be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant. But an uncircumcised male who is not circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin, that person shall be cut off from his people; he has broken My covenant."”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭17:10-14‬ ‭NASB

The first ecumenical council received from the Holy Spirit the declaration to abolish this commandment concerning Gentiles. Just like in 325AD the council of Nicaea declared it is acceptable to worship on Sunday. Representatives from every church established by the apostles attended that council meeting and agreed. So if your going to take Ellen White’s opinion over all the churches established by the apostles you go right ahead but don’t be surprised when Christians accept the decision of the entire Christian community over one person’s opinion and unless you intend to keep all 613 commandments of God don’t rebuke another Christian for failing to do so because your just as guilty as they are. Those 613 commandments were all commandments of God not Moses and that’s not even all of them, that’s only the Old Testament commandments. You say we must follow Jesus’ example because Jesus kept the Sabbath, Jesus kept all of the 613 commandments of God not just the Sabbath. Jesus was circumcised, Jesus offered burnt sacrifices, Jesus observed the Passover, Jesus wrote a Torah, so there’s your example to follow. According to your logic everyone MUST still keep the 613 commandments God gave in the Old Testament because Jesus did but now we have a problem because Jesus was circumcised but the apostles declared that Gentiles don’t have to be circumcised. So according to your logic now we have the apostles telling the Gentiles they don’t have to follow Jesus’ example. They don’t have to be circumcised, they don’t have to offer burnt sacrifices, they don’t have to observe the Passover, and they only have to refrain from eating meat offered to idols if they know it was offered as a sacrifice to an idol. So if your not keeping the 613 commandments of God YOUR NOT FOLLOWING JESUS’ EXAMPLE.

• Winner
Reactions: Bob S
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You realize the way is narrow yes? You know why? Yes?

How many of those who left Egypt made it to the promised land? Not even Moses...

Sobering foreshadow...work out our salvation with fear and trembling

But John sees multitudes like the sea...so HalleluYah He is the FINAL judge and not me...His Mercy is great...our repentance should be...to be RE-born RE-made RE-stored to Him His ways...as it was before this detour of sin...

The narrow way has nothing to do with Moses. You think Moses wasn’t saved?

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is the mandated Sunday law that will require everyone to "rest" on the false day of Sunday. The Pope is already working on it and will be working with all nations including the US to make this a national law. It will come in the name of "peace" but its intention is to destroy Gods real day of worship which is the Sanctified and Holy seventh day Sabbath, not man-made Sunday. This law will lead many to destruction as the narrow path is for those who know this false teaching and keep the commandments of God.

Matthew 7:21-23 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Revelation 12:17 – And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Revelation 14:12 – Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

Revelation 22:14 – Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.

Sunday worship is not any more “man made” than the abolishment of circumcision for the Gentiles in Acts 15. It was thru the guidance of the Holy Spirit that the council (the churches the apostles established) came to that conclusion.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Church is not God's Word and anything that contradicts the scriptures leading people to break Gods' commandments is not from God neither is it biblical.

So the Holy Spirit lost His privilege to make amendments to God’s commandments? Acts 15 was His last chance to do that?

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟660,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, yes, yes the Sabbath was made for man. That is the lifeboat of the ones who uphold an old covenant law given only to Israel. Had God introduced the Sabbath to the remainder of His children around the World I would have to believe Jesus meant all mankind. Jesus came to bring the old covenant to an end same as He did with the prophecies about His coming. Since He was to bring to an end all of the laws contained in the failed covenant, Sabbath included, there would be no reason to spread the Sabbath to all mankind. It was a dead issue and Jesus had a better covenant to present to the World. One that was not about keeping ritual days, growing sideburns and restricting what man eats. What the World needed was/is how to love each other. Jesus covenant allowed men to think for themselves when to worship, when to rest, what to eat and how long they wanted to keep sideburns. Jesus made sure that the new and better covenant was to be for all mankind thus He commanded His disciples to spread the Good News to everyone.

Yes, we are to keep Jesus commandments just as He kept the now defunct commands of the old covenant's 613 commands. Jesus new covenant commandments have nothing to say about His children keeping one day a week Holy. Most revealing is that Jesus and His ambassador Paul never said that we will go to hell if we don't observe the Sabbath. I remind you that it was Ellen White who wrote that dribble.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Nope. All of God's 10 commandments are moral laws of our duty of Love to God and our fellow man. God's 4th commandment is a "memorial" (remember) moral law of our duty of Love to God.

A person can love and honor God every day of the week. Doesn’t have to be on Saturday.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sunday worship is not any more “man made” than the abolishment of circumcision for the Gentiles in Acts 15. It was thru the guidance of the Holy Spirit that the council (the churches the apostles established) came to that conclusion.

Maybe you can provide scripture where God Blessed the first day of the week "Sunday" and Sanctified it, or asked the first day to be a day of "rest" or to worship or to remember it? I can't seem to locate it in my Bible.

• Winner
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
A person can love and honor God every day of the week. Doesn’t have to be on Saturday.
Yes, true. But only one day of the week was Blessed by God and He deemed Holy. Why would you not want to worship Him on the specific day He requested?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why are you asking. Are you thinking about getting circumcised? If not why not?

Your avoiding the question because you know why I’m asking. Many of God’s commandments have been amended or abolished. Burnt offerings, circumcision, observing the Passover, writing the Torah, and the Saturday Sabbath. You go ahead and take Ellen White’s opinion on the matter over the entire Christian Church, but don’t expect me and every other Christian to place her beliefs over the beliefs of the churches established by the apostles because I can’t find Ellen Whites name listed anywhere in the scriptures as being an apostle of Christ. If anything she seems more of a Judaizer from what I see according to Paul’s teachings.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Imge, maybe you can provide us with scripture in the new covenant, which we all are under, that tells us we have to observe any day.
Sure, as soon as you can provide the scripture I asked for first.

Upvote 0