Hogwash!
submit - I Pet 5:5
  1. to arrange under, to subordinate

2. to subject, put in subjection

3. to subject one's self, obey

4. to submit to one's control

5. to yield to one's admonition or advice

6. to obey, be subject
Yes I do understand the verse. It agrees with what you said. The problem I have yet to find this in the leadership of any church.

Heb 13:17 -

to resist no longer, but to give way, yield (of combatants)

I Cor 16 is very interesting on this.

bugkiller

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jovanovic

Jun 13, 2017
malmö
✟9,951.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
christian males wants to marry, but christian women do not want too. christian woman wants relationships with atheists, satanists and muslims. the few christian women who wants a marriage always ends up with a divorce after 2 months beacuse she feelt the need to meet a new guy.

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
christian males wants to marry, but christian women do not want too. christian woman wants relationships with atheists, satanists and muslims. the few christian women who wants a marriage always ends up with a divorce after 2 months beacuse she feelt the need to meet a new guy.
Righteous males are not much fun.
Er let me rephrase that - Religious Christian males are not much fun.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I have spent years volunteering as a chaplain, going to prisons and jails and nursing homes doing the great commission while living strictly on my on disabled social security. Spending all my time and all my money advancing the gospel while many others sit in church keeping the pews warm and talking about things like this thread. Let me advise you sir, I was elected to pastor this church by a Holy Spirit filled church body.
I was elected because I have a passion for sharing the Gospel and I live what I preach. I am sincere in my love first for God and then for everyone else.
I have made GOD my everything and I have devoted my life to helping in any area that HE seeks to place me.
You do not understand our particular church bodies situation, and simply put, you have no right whatsoever to say anything as to what I am qualified to do.
GOD Qualifies the called, He doesn't call the qualified.
This is my last post here, because I have much better things to do, such as go pray for others
{Which the atheist above sure aren't doing} and try to build on the kingdom of God NOT tear it down.
SO in the late words of Mr Paul Harvey GOOD DAY!

Saying "I'm important" doesn't negate the fact that pastoral oversight is necessary for a healthy, functioning community. If the buck stops at you, then you have entirely too much power in your congregation.

As a humble servant of the Church, you are accountable and subject to the Church, not just to God. When someone says they are accountable only to God, that's when cults happen.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Just so that everyone knows. I have an Elder in the Church that I submit too.
We worship as non denominational, for the very reasons listed here.
We come together as a body and love Christ and each other.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Saying "I'm important" doesn't negate the fact that pastoral oversight is necessary for a healthy, functioning community. If the buck stops at you, then you have entirely too much power in your congregation.

As a humble servant of the Church, you are accountable and subject to the Church, not just to God. When someone says they are accountable only to God, that's when cults happen.
I meant to quote this above. I submit to God in everything I do and this will always be before I submit to any man. However I am held accountable by an Elder in my church and he checks everything I do by scripture.
I guess we are a "cult" by today's standards because don't put so much emphasis on voting and putting people in their "proper" places. We just let God lead our hearts.
Also another thing that might curl your toes, We are not a 501c3 organization.
See we don't care about freebies and tax right offs. This is God's money and we send it directly to the poor and needy who need it most.
What I said about serving voluntary as chaplain and such is nothing except the Holy Spirit working through me to do the great commision as we to do.
By all standards I am a servant and more so than those who do not pastor a church. I have a great love for people and I love what I do. I consider it a blessing and great honor.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
trying to resist the urge to say I am only accountable to God.
Go right ahead :] I only bow before God and I only worry and fear His judgement.
I do submit my teachings to my Elder for the fact that I respect this great scholar of the Word, and I believe this to be the correct way to do things.
And I'm happy to receive correction when I am wrong.
{When it is Godly correction and given in respect}. :]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do people no longer see it as a life-long commitment or something of importance?
In this day and age, many do not.

I support the death penalty for all adultrous or premarital sex.

I bet that would change opinions if it was enforced.

Leviticus 20:10
‘If there is a man who commits adultery with another man’s wife, one who commits adultery with his friend’s wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,548.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

My observation is that most people want to marry, or at least experience committed loving relationship. If Christian women are avoiding (some) Christian men, it's because the men they're avoiding are domineering, controlling and often abusive; not wanting an equal partner in life but a doormat or a servant.

Most Christian women know God didn't create us to be doormats, and we reject that false image of marriage in favour of something much more wholesome and godly.

Arrogance in a husband is no better than arrogance in a pastor; the belief that "I'm better than you" or "I have the right to make decisions for you" - that sort of thing - it's toxic.

Upvote 0

jovanovic

Jun 13, 2017
malmö
✟9,951.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My observation is that most people want to marry, or at least experience committed loving relationship. If Christian women are avoiding (some) Christian men, it's because the men they're avoiding are domineering, controlling and often abusive; not wanting an equal partner in life but a doormat or a servant.

Most Christian women know God didn't create us to be doormats, and we reject that false image of marriage in favour of something much more wholesome and godly.

Arrogance in a husband is no better than arrogance in a pastor; the belief that "I'm better than you" or "I have the right to make decisions for you" - that sort of thing - it's toxic.

but how do you explain that the vast majority of christian women are married to non-christians. christian women have forsaken christian males.

non-christian males see women as nothing more than a sex-object, and you call these non-christian males to have honor? they have zero honor and morale.

• Agree
Reactions: bugkiller
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
In this day and age, many do not.

I support the death penalty for all adultrous or premarital sex.

I bet that would change opinions if it was enforced.

Leviticus 20:10
‘If there is a man who commits adultery with another man’s wife, one who commits adultery with his friend’s wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.
Killing the majority of the population would change a great deal more than options.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,548.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
but how do you explain that the vast majority of christian women are married to non-christians. christian women have forsaken christian males.

That doesn't fit with what I see around me.

But where Christian women are finding Christian men unsuitable life partners, perhaps those men ought to ask themselves why?

non-christian males see women as nothing more than a sex-object, and you call these non-christian males to have honor? they have zero honor and morale.

I married a Christian man, but even I can see that this kind of blanket flaming of non-Christians is false.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jovanovic

Jun 13, 2017
malmö
✟9,951.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

But where Christian women are finding Christian men unsuitable life partners, perhaps those men ought to ask themselves why?

I married a Christian man, but even I can see that this kind of blanket flaming of non-Christians is false.

they say they hope to make them christian etc, but they never have any sucess. bible tells us to marry christians not pagans.

nope its not false, the left and pagans are very much focused on sex. many pagans have threesomes with their christian wife.

• Agree
Reactions: bugkiller
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Do people no longer see it as a life-long commitment or something of importance?

Sure, plenty of folks do. I do. Not married yet but plan on it in the future.

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom

Essentially what I have witnessed is the male must say "yes dear" to get along. What is different about being the boss? What is God's program?

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom

I respectfully disagree.

bugkiller

Upvote 0