bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟370,040.00
Faith
Non-Denom
0-70 AD seriously
I see. And what historical source do you have for your allegation.

Also, what happened to the Christians and Muslims (who weren't even around at all in the first century) since you alleged in an earlier post that the two major monotheistic branches which developed from Judaism were likewise affected?

Upvote 0

Omniskeptical

Aug 30, 2012
✟614.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I see. And what historical source do you have for your allegation.

Also, what happened to the Christians and Muslims (who weren't even around at all in the first century) since you alleged in an earlier post that the two major monotheistic branches which developed from Judaism were likewise affected?
Read about Sampson and Delilah.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟370,040.00
Faith
Non-Denom
People were gone after he returned. They had fled the invaded cities. Those left were killed by the Romans.
There was no Roman Empire at the time of the writing of the book of Judges. What do Samson and Delilah have to do with the return of Jesus Christ?

• Prayers
Reactions: Omniskeptical
Upvote 0

Omniskeptical

Aug 30, 2012
✟614.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
(Rev 3:11 KJV) Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.
(Rev 22:7, 12KJV) Behold, I come quickly: blessed [is] he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book. ... And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward [is] with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

All 3 use the active voice 1st Person middle voice ἔρχομαι, and he was being sent.

(Rev 3:3 KJV) Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

(Rev 16:15) Ἰδού, ἔρχομαι ὡς κλέπτης ... [Same as the first the 3.]

(2Pe 3:10 KJV) But [actually then] the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
3:10 Ἥξει δὲ ᾗ ἡμέρα κυρίου ὡς κλέπτης ἐν νυκτὶ ἐν ἡ οἱ οὐρανοὶ ῥοιζηδὸν παρελεύσονται στοιχεῖα δὲ καυσούμενα λυθήσονται, καὶ γῆ καὶ τὰ ἐν αὐτῇ ἔργα κατακαήσεται

(Rev 20:8-9 KJV) And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom [is] as the sand of the sea. And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
The last days of planet earth if you can decipher it.
bump

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟370,040.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Pagans would have genocided Israel long ago, if it weren't for God and the Christ.
Quite true. However, that idea has no relationship with the alleged disappearance of millions of Jews in the first century. In fact, it goes to show that God, in His mercy, has not permitted the Jews (Israel) to be exterminated.

Upvote 0

Omniskeptical

Aug 30, 2012
✟614.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Quite true. However, that idea has no relationship with the alleged disappearance of millions of Jews in the first century. In fact, it goes to show that God, in His mercy, has not permitted the Jews (Israel) to be exterminated.
The true Israel exists in the Kingdom of God, not here on earth.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I came across a Bible study group on Facebook that is trying to say that Jesus has already returned in the flesh, in secret, and the Second Coming in the clouds will be when Christ returns in the Spirit. I have never heard of this. I always understood that Jesus will return in the clouds of Heaven, and then all the righteous people will be caught up with the Lord. I left the Bible study group last night in disgust. I don't think this is a true teaching.

“So if anyone tells you, ‘There he is, out in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here he is, in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. For as lightning
that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man." Matthew 24: 26, 27

I honestly don't understand why they believe this, and this group is constantly pushing this idea that Jesus has already come back in the flesh, in secret, and then will return again in the Spirit. I am thinking of blocking these people on Facebook today because they are very pushy.

Yes I would block them if I were you. It sounds like an obnoxious heretical sect.

Upvote 0