Jul 25, 2008
✟4,612.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
[FONT=&quot]The Life of Jesus Christ and Biblical[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Revelations, by Anne Catherine Emmerich?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If so, is it worth getting? [/FONT]

I have a 2 volume set of the Life and Revelations of Anne Catherine Emmerich. I am still on the first volume, but it is a very interesting book.

However I believe the one you are looking at is her 4 volume set of her description of Jesus's life.

Here are some reviews of it

http://www.amazon.com/Jesus-Christ-Biblical-Revelations-Volumes/dp/0895557916

The movie hit the "Passion of the Christ" by Mel Gibson was partly influenced by Catherine's visions.

If you like her works, defiantly get the "Dolorous passion of our Lord Jesus Christ" by her also. It is one of her most famous works.

Upvote 0

Chesster

Jul 30, 2004
Virginia
✟150,717.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I did read a good portion of the Dolorous passion of our Lord Jesus Christ and it got me interested in reading the entire 4 volume set. One thing (of many) that surprised me was when she said that the chalice that Jesus use at the Last Supper was the same one Melchisedech used when he offer bread and wine in the presence of Abraham!

The folks at Amazon seem to think that it is worth the read.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

Laus_Deo

Praise be to God!
Feb 17, 2009
✟9,051.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you like her works, defiantly get the "Dolorous passion of our Lord Jesus Christ" by her also. It is one of her most famous works.

I thought that would be great to read during Lent, I am going to start reading it today.

I had found it online to read at ccel .org

Upvote 0

kisstheson

Contributor
Aug 6, 2005
✟14,639.00
Faith
Christian
I did read a good portion of the Dolorous passion of our Lord Jesus Christ and it got me interested in reading the entire 4 volume set. One thing (of many) that surprised me was when she said that the chalice that Jesus use at the Last Supper was the same one Melchisedech used when he offer bread and wine in the presence of Abraham!

The folks at Amazon seem to think that it is worth the read.

Thanks.
read the dolorous passion of the lord Jesus christ. very moving.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.