Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So then I am not saved? My church only does baptisms like once a month.
If your Pastor will not make an exception and baptize you as soon as possible, then find a believer who will. No great show before the entire church is necessary. The person baptizing you and perhaps one other witness is all that is needed.

Upvote 0

Acts2:38

Apr 14, 2017
Naples
✟71,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So then I am not saved? My church only does baptisms like once a month.

Well, from the scripture I gave you, I think you know the answer now right?

A church that doesn't teach scripturally is not of Christs church. We can get into a whole other lesson on that. Find a a bible following church, Christs church, without man made doctrines.

I dont have anyone to baptize me except my church. My parents dont think baptism is necessary for salvation and apparently mu church has like a few weeks of preparation. Im just so confused and im scared of going to hell.

Anyone will do so long as you have witnesses and you truly believe like Philip asked the Ethiopian in Acts 8.

You may have read gadar and I's posts, decide for yourself. From the scripture that I see and pulled it doesn't matter WHO baptizes you, but WHAT you are getting baptized for.

You can coach the baptizer on what to do.

They ask you if you believe in Jesus Christ

You say yes

They say I baptize you in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Bam you are in Christ (Galatians 3:27; Romans 6:1-4; Romans 12; 1 Corinthians 12).

You then must remain faithful.

However, being in a denomination will make that difficult since they will teach you false doctrines such as OSAS and Faith Only. Find a scriptural church.

Denomination means "separate and apart from the original".

Ephesians 4:4-6; 1 Corinthians 1:10-13; John 17:21; 1 Corinthians 3:4-5; Romans 12; 1 Corinthians 12 as examples. There is only one.

Upvote 0

Kywy

May 21, 2017
USA
✟22,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My church is Nondenominational. I dont know what they claim there doctrine is. I just know that they teach that you are saved by faith in Jesus. I just became old enough to become a member. I believe in my churches doctrine, but I just never heard any mention of baptism being necessary for salvation, even though i have pondered it before.

Upvote 0

Apr 14, 2017
Naples
✟71,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry they are actually evangelical And believe in faith is the one condition of salvation and believe in the inerrancy of the Bible
It is true, the bible does not contradict itself or have errors. The error comes with lack of understanding and/or outright false teaching.

Clearly you saw from the scripture I gave you up until now that you are not saved by just faith only right?

Also, many churches now days make the claim non denominational. However, their doctrines say otherwise.

The church you attend, their doctrine, is a denomination according to scripture and what it teaches.

May I ask, is it a community church or do they place any label like baptist or primitive baptist?

I just became old enough to become a member.

do they set age limits? This is curious. In scripture, once a person is capable of understanding of scripture and can be responsible as a christian, they can be baptized and a member of Christs church. Age of accountability in otherwords.

Upvote 0

Kywy

May 21, 2017
USA
✟22,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No they allow anyone to be baptized if they know Jesus as their Lord and Savior. I mean they set age limits on who can become a member and attend meetings about voting and stuff. Also my church doesnt have any titles in its name. I think it is a public church. I dont really know much about this kind of stuff.

Upvote 0

Apr 14, 2017
Naples
✟71,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No they allow anyone to be baptized if they know Jesus as their Lord and Savior. I mean they set age limits on who can become a member and attend meetings about voting and stuff. Also my church doesnt have any titles in its name. I think it is a public church. I dont really know much about this kind of stuff.

Do you know where in scripture it states that you can't be a member of the church to attend meetings once someone is a Christian of the Lords church?

No where. If you are part of the Lords church, then you are a member. Thats one restriction a denomination does.

Public church is the same as community basically. A community church pulls doctrines from a hand full of different denominations. Some might pull from one and just have "community church" as the only difference, but they are a denomination through and through. Otherwise they wouldn't teach faith only and such like that.

Also, where in the scripture does it say to label the church anything other than the "church of Christ" (Romans 16:16) or such names like so?

Does the bible authorize any other names for the Lords church?

I use to attend a baptist church, then I found that I shouldn't be in a denomination. So I went to a community church that said they are non denominational. Then I discovered they pulled from baptist and calvinist teaching.

Now I attend a scriptural church, Christs church, the church of Christ (Matthew 16:18-19).

Upvote 0

Apr 14, 2017
Naples
✟71,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is your view of laying on of hands to recieve the Holy Spirit. Arent tons of Chrisitians saved without the laying on of hands?

Miracles have ceased now that we have the Gospel, "that which is perfect" completed. (1 Corinthians 13:8-10)

Also, the only way you can pass on the gift of laying hands is through an apostle. There are no apostles anymore. The last apostles died (John) shortly after he finished Revelation thereby completing the bible.

If gifts still were around then people could raise others from the dead still and heal someone instantly without meds or any such, just by the touch of their hand.

We just dont see this anymore. It is ceased.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Apr 14, 2017
Naples
✟71,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok thank you.

You are very welcome. It is very important to study the bible. I would like to say not to just take my word for it, but search the scripture to see if what I say is true.

What is the "perfect" to come though?

"That which is perfect" is the bible. The gospel is the bible. Some people don't know that they are the same. It is the word of God. Paul was speaking in the Corinthian letter there, knowing that one day the bible or "gospel"/"word" would finally be completed. Then there would be no more need for miracles because "that which is perfect" is completed. The bible.

Also many claim to be speaking in tongues, is this possible today.

This is one of the miraculous gifts you see in scripture. This is "done away" with. It does not happen anymore.

The gift of tongues in the bible was something that happened instantly. The people that received that gift knew all the languages of the earth (german, spanish, latin, greek, etc.) and spoke all of them without ever studying them previously (Acts 2:1-13).

Some people speak jibberish that isn't language at all and say that it is the gift of tongues. This is hogwash. Notice in scripture, it was language, actual language, not jibberish nor was it ever jibberish.

I have watched youtube videos of people speaking another language that I have never hear before.

Jibberish I was referring too lol. For one miraculous gift to be in existence still would mean they all are, therefore the gift of raising people from the dead, for example, must still exist. Do you see anyone doing this?

It is a pleasure speaking with you. If you have anymore questions, I would be happy to answer to the best I can.

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I dont have anyone to baptize me except my church. My parents dont think baptism is necessary for salvation and apparently mu church has like a few weeks of preparation. Im just so confused and im scared of going to hell.
Have you told your Pastor you want to be baptized as soon as possible and don't want to wait weeks for it?

My I ask your approximate location? Perhaps there are believers in your area that you don't know about, but others do.

As for going to hell, I don't think you should worry about that. Your Heavenly Father knows your situation and your desire for baptism. He will make a way for that to happen.

Upvote 0

JPPT1974

April Showers and Easter 2024!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟569,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
You are saved by Christ if you accept Him as Savior and Lord. But by baptizing proves your commitment to Him as well as getting rid of your old self and putting on your new self. Away from being sinful.
But there are people that do not have time whether they are having a disease they will die from or that they will be killed in a car wreck or plane crash and accept Christ as Savior and Lord if they have not in a split second decision.
Being baptized is about getting rid of sins and putting on a new clean self in Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CoolDude68

Supporter
May 29, 2013
Budapest
✟105,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When one becomes baptized is there a stronger sensation of the Holy Spirit which follows? Like I said in my original post, I have not been baptized yet but will soon. I was just curious once it happens has anyone experienced anything they'd care to share?

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
When one becomes baptized is there a stronger sensation of the Holy Spirit which follows? Like I said in my original post, I have not been baptized yet but will soon. I was just curious once it happens has anyone experienced anything they'd care to share?
Examine the baptism accounts in the book of Acts and share your findings with us. Just search Strong's Concordance to find all those accounts.

• Informative
Reactions: CoolDude68
Upvote 0

Apr 14, 2017
Naples
✟71,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hello again sir,

Being baptized is a command by Jesus for remission of sins to obtain the Holy Spirit for our salvation.

Mark 16:16

Acts 2:38

If you love Jesus, our Lord and Savior, then you will do His commands and obey what God has put for us in the gospel.

John 14:15

John 15:14

Baptism is very important and should be done immediately upon a persons belief, repentance, and confession of Christ as son of God.

Examples of a few immediate baptism:

Acts 2:41

Acts 22:16

Acts 8

Acts 16

Examples of baptisms happening whenever someone felt like it:

**Empty Space**

A person is committing spiritual suicide by not pursuing what is commanded of us in the gospel.

2 Thessalonians 1:8-9

Baptism is required to be part of Christ's kingdom, His church. It is required to be saved in Christ.

Galatians 3:26-27

Colossians 2:12

Romans 6:1-5

Acts 2:47

If you truly believe in Christ Jesus, why are you waiting so long to become a member of His Church? What are you waiting for (Acts 22:16)?

• Informative
Reactions: CoolDude68
Upvote 0