Has anyone else seen this amazing interview?

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This thing has absolutely gone viral. If you want to turn it into a drinking game, just take a drink every time she says, "So you're saying...", and he says, "No, that is not what I said. What I said was...". You'll pass out before the video is over.

I don't know if this woman still has a career. As one commentor said, she "red pilled" an entire generation. The interwebs are applauding him on this. The core issue also makes one glad they live in the US where they don't have to face the government scrutiny he has to face for what he says.

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
This thing has absolutely gone viral. If you want to turn it into a drinking game, just take a drink every time she says, "So you're saying...", and he says, "No, that is not what I said. What I said was...". You'll pass out before the video is over.

I don't know if this woman still has a career. As one commentor said, she "red pilled" an entire generation. The interwebs are applauding him on this. The core issue also makes one glad they live in the US where they don't have to face the government scrutiny he has to face for what he says.

This is one brilliant and very courageous man.

Stellar.

God bless and protect this man.

And this woman? She should get into a "conversation" with Katie Hopkins. I would PAY to see it.

A quote from a viewer posted under the video:

"This is watching 30 minutes of attempted and failed strawman responses. It's hilarious." ~D

Spot on.

(Still watching.....9 more minutes to go) ^_^

He completely stymied her @22:59.

Priceless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My dad actually just forwarded this to me from someone. I got a bit of the transcript about free speech and look forward to watching the whole thing tonight.

"Why should your right to freedom of speech trump a trans person's right not to be offended?" asked the Channel 4 reporter.

"Because in order to be able to think, you have to risk being offensive. I mean, look at the conversation we're having right now," Peterson answered. "You're certainly willing to risk offending me in the pursuit of truth. Why should you have the right to do that? It's been rather uncomfortable."

"Well, I'm very glad I've put you on the spot," Newman replied, deflecting from his point.

"Well you get my point," said Peterson. "You're doing what you should do, which is digging a bit to see what the hell is going on. And that is what you should do. But you're exercising your freedom of speech to certainly risk offending me, and that's fine. More power to you, as far as I'm concerned."
"So you haven't sat there and — I’m just trying to work that out," she said.

"Ha, got ya," the professor playfully quipped.

"You did. You did," Newman admitted.

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Watching now.....so far, she's spot on.
Her documentary, The Red Pill, is amazing. It was available free on Amazon Prime, but I don't know if it still is. It has Feminists absolutely fuming even more than a Trump Tweet.

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My dad actually just forwarded this to me from someone. I got a bit of the transcript about free speech and look forward to watching the whole thing tonight.

"Why should your right to freedom of speech trump a trans person's right not to be offended?" asked the Channel 4 reporter.

"Because in order to be able to think, you have to risk being offensive. I mean, look at the conversation we're having right now," Peterson answered. "You're certainly willing to risk offending me in the pursuit of truth. Why should you have the right to do that? It's been rather uncomfortable."

"Well, I'm very glad I've put you on the spot," Newman replied, deflecting from his point.

"Well you get my point," said Peterson. "You're doing what you should do, which is digging a bit to see what the hell is going on. And that is what you should do. But you're exercising your freedom of speech to certainly risk offending me, and that's fine. More power to you, as far as I'm concerned."
"So you haven't sat there and — I’m just trying to work that out," she said.

"Ha, got ya," the professor playfully quipped.

"You did. You did," Newman admitted.
There is also a video of him discussing the interview, regarding what was going on behind the scenes, how he was using his magical psychology powers on the fly to analyze what she was doing, etc. It is very interesting as well.

Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is also a video of him discussing the interview, regarding what was going on behind the scenes, how he was using his magical psychology powers on the fly to analyze what she was doing, etc. It is very interesting as well.
Can you add the link. I want to see it too.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Her documentary, The Red Pill, is amazing. It was available free on Amazon Prime, but I don't know if it still is. It has Feminists absolutely fuming even more than a Trump Tweet.

LOL!

She is one COURAGEOUS woman.

Gots da nerve to speaks da truth.

(and thanks for the info on "The Red Pill". I'll check it out)

iu

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Abraxos

Christ is King
Jan 12, 2016
New Zealand
✟69,436.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Personally I think Jordan Peterson is overrated, but certainly a man needed as a voice of common sense in a sea of SJW ideology.

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Personally I think Jordan Peterson is overrated, but certainly a man needed as a voice of common sense in a sea of SJW ideology.
Yes. I tend to lean in that direction. Nobody's perfect, and he's not really a friend to Christianity from what I've heard. But I'll certainly give credit where credit is due.

• Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Abraxos

Christ is King
Jan 12, 2016
New Zealand
✟69,436.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes. I tend to lean in that direction. Nobody's perfect, and he's not really a friend to Christianity from what I've heard. But I'll certainly give credit where credit is due.
Jordan Peterson has an interesting take on Christianity historically and philosophically, he does not exactly have a black and white contemporary view of Christianity as believers and nonbelievers may have, but nonetheless recognizes the importance of the Biblical narratives (whether they be pious fiction or not is not the point behind his philosophical reasonings) of Genesis and the Gospels, and the historical significance of Christianity had on Western Civilization.

He's not a Christian in the basic sense (Jesus is Lord and saviour and we have forgiveness of sins through his death and resurrection), but he's not exactly in opposition to Christianity either.

• Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jordan Peterson has an interesting take on Christianity historically and philosophically, he does not exactly have a black and white contemporary view of Christianity as believers and nonbelievers may have, but nonetheless recognizes the importance of the Biblical narratives (whether they be pious fiction or not is not the point behind his philosophical reasonings) of Genesis and the Gospels, and the historical significance of Christianity had on Western Civilization.

He's not a Christian, but he's not exactly in opposition to Christianity either.
He reminds me of what I was: intellectual agnostic.

Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just saw that William Lane Craig is debating Jordan Peterson on if there is meaning to life. It's live right now.

I won't be able to watch it till tomorrow, but I have been checking some of his videos. I agree with him on so much but something in the back of my head keeps telling me there is something dangerous lurking in him. He hasn't said anything to give me that impression just something seems off. Edit: Ah, I see why, Canada basically has him inches from prosecution for not using gender pronouns. So when he suddenly burst out, it's because they are threatening his livelihood. We really need to pray for his protection.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree with him on so much but something in the back of my head keeps telling me there is something dangerous lurking in him. He hasn't said anything to give me that impression just something seems off.
He is a form of Christopher Hitchins, but a "friendly agnostic" rather than hostile atheist. Before I became a Christian I was a "friendly agnostic". But Peterson could turn either way. We'll see what the Lord has planned for him. I suspect that Peterson is an adherent to the "opiate of the masses" theory regarding religion as something that keeps us being nice to each other. That's fine for an agnostic. I sort of agreed with it when I was an agnostic. And outside of Christianity, I still see that as its function for some people.

A true atheist with courage is a very dangerous individual.

• Informative
Reactions: Sanoy
Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But Peterson could turn either way. We'll see what the Lord has planned for him.
It's interesting that you mention that. Go to 1:33:25 of the video I linked. Jordan describes a dream. He gives it a naturalistic interpretation, but if it was God I wonder if it suggested he too would bow to Christ.

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's interesting that you mention that. Go to 1:33:25 of the video I linked. Jordan describes a dream. He gives it a naturalistic interpretation, but if it was God I wonder if it suggested he too would bow to Christ.
That was AMAZING. It appears that he wants to understand what it was saying without going "all in" for becoming a Christian. i.e. the vision was powerful, and it is a testimony for us, but he's not yet convinced.

Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That was AMAZING. It appears that he wants to understand what it was saying without going "all in" for becoming a Christian. i.e. the vision was powerful, and it is a testimony for us, but he's not yet convinced.

Both the dream and his interpretation seems identical to Isaiah 14. The only difference is Christ is a person and not a force.

Isaiah 14

On the day the Lord gives you relief from your suffering and turmoil and from the harsh labor forced on you, you will take up this taunt against the king of Babylon:

How the oppressor has come to an end!
How his fury has ended!
The Lord has broken the rod of the wicked,
the scepter of the rulers,
which in anger struck down peoples
with unceasing blows,
and in fury subdued nations
with relentless aggression.
All the lands are at rest and at peace;
they break into singing.
Even the junipers and the cedars of Lebanon
gloat over you and say,
“Now that you have been laid low,
no one comes to cut us down.”
The realm of the dead below is all astir
to meet you at your coming;
it rouses the spirits of the departed to greet you—
all those who were leaders in the world;
it makes them rise from their thrones—
all those who were kings over the nations.
They will all respond,
they will say to you,
“You also have become weak, as we are;
you have become like us.”
All your pomp has been brought down to the grave,
along with the noise of your harps;
maggots are spread out beneath you
and worms cover you.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Sadly, it shows that little people wish to listen and debate. This is a common form of conversation you see today all the time. I hear you saying this - when actually the person never even went near lol what they were saying!

What the interviewer - or person attempting to debate - is really saying is I don't need to listen to you. That's because of how completely right I am. lol and doesn't seem to see the arrogance in that at all!

It's a strange dynamic we have entered.

Upvote 0