Has anyone converted to Catholicism from a different Denomination?

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟899,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I’ve converted to Catholicism from various forms of Protestantism.

I am interested in what "forms" of Protestantism you were in at the time you converted to Catholicism. I would have assumed you were only in one at the time you decided to make that switch to Catholicism..

Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,584,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am interested in what "forms" of Protestantism you were in at the time you converted to Catholicism. I would have assumed you were only in one at the time you decided to make that switch to Catholicism..
Different denominations.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟767,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you could pick one of those to follow forever which would it be?
Well, at the moment it would be a Reformed denomination. My continued journey has led me this direction and I feel that it is the faith tradition that gives me the closest experience to God. That said, all of the denominations I have been a part of are what make my view of faith what it is - and all of the experiences have been good. I have been very blessed to have had great priests, pastors, and teachers over the years. I explored returning to the RCC a couple of years ago, but there are a number of reasons that it cannot be and at this point I do not think it will happen due to both personal and theological reasons.

Upvote 0