Happy Indigenous People Day Also Known as Invasion Day.

Nevada Smith

Sep 20, 2020
Paxton
✟14,530.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Formerly known as Columbus Day. Today is the day to celebrate the discovery of America with outrage, riots, and vandalism

Statues of Abraham Lincoln and Theodore Roosevelt toppled in Portland | Daily Mail Online

I'm not sure what Teddy Roosevelt and Abe Lincoln had to do with the discovery of America, but education and facts were never woke strong points, just outrage.

What I don't understand is, if they are so outrage over the stealing of land from the indigenous people why don't they do something about it? Why don't they buy the land from the Indians they are sitting on. Even if renting, the rent should go to the original owners. Or better yet return the land to the original owners and return to your ancestral land.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Formerly known as Columbus Day. Today is the day to celebrate the discovery of America with outrage, riots, and vandalism

Statues of Abraham Lincoln and Theodore Roosevelt toppled in Portland | Daily Mail Online

I'm not sure what Teddy Roosevelt and Abe Lincoln had to do with the discovery of America, but education and facts were never woke strong points, just outrage.

What I don't understand is, if they are so outrage over the stealing of land from the indigenous people why don't they do something about it? Why don't they buy the land from the Indians they are sitting on. Even if renting, the rent should go to the original owners. Or better yet return the land to the original owners and return to your ancestral land.
I wonder when they will move Mount Rushmore

Reactions: Nevada Smith
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Why don't they buy the land from the Indians they are sitting on.
Which ones? If we begin with the Black Hills of South Dakota, sacred to the Lakota, and return it, do we return it to the Lakota? The Lakota took it by force from the Cheyenne in 1776. Should we cut out the Lakota and give it directly to the Cheyenne? Maybe we should give my home State back to the Creek. The Creek took southwest Georgia from a people "who had flat heads". No one knows who the flat headed people were because they were genocided by the Creek when the Creek took their land.

The point is that all the land in question has been taken by force from someone or another over and over again for thousands of years and there is no going back now.

Upvote 0

Nevada Smith

Sep 20, 2020
Paxton
✟14,530.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Which ones? If we begin with the Black Hills of South Dakota, sacred to the Lakota, and return it, do we return it to the Lakota? The Lakota took it by force from the Cheyenne in 1776. Should we cut out the Lakota and give it directly to the Cheyenne? Maybe we should give my home State back to the Creek. The Creek took southwest Georgia from a people "who had flat heads". No one knows who the flat headed people were because they were genocided by the Creek when the Creek took their land.

The point is that all the land in question has been taken by force from someone or another over and over again for thousands of years and there is no going back now.
The American Indians were humans beings just like us. 20,000 years of warfare before Columbus arrived. There is no such thing as the "Noble Red Man" he is no more noble or despicable than the rest of mankind. He is one of us.

I realized that Mark Twain is a persona non grata, but I'll share one of short story anyway.
Noble Red Man

Upvote 0

Contenders Edge

Site Supporter
May 13, 2019
Hayfork
✟167,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nevada Smith

Sep 20, 2020
Paxton
✟14,530.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christopher Columbus may have encountered cannibals and possibly exterminated them as suggested by the following news item. Can anyone tell me why ridding the world of depraved cannibals is such a bad thing?
https://nypost.com/2020/01/13/chris...-cannibals-500-years-ago-shocking-study-says/
Can you tell me why ridding the world of depraved murders, rapist, and pedophiles is such a bad thing? To some people executing these despicable individuals is a greater crime than the ones they committed against the innocent.
https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/what-is-hybristophilia#:~:text=During Bundy's trial, women (referred,of the women he murdered.

Why was this man arrested?
Police: Man arrested for beating victim after find him fondling himself in front of his children

Why is she in jail?
Alabama woman pleads GUILTY to murdering her rapist | Daily Mail Online

Angry Coweta dad arrested after finding a man in his 14-year-old daughter’s bedroom

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

And there is also DNA proof showing native Siberian DNA in NA populations as well. There is indications of Australian aboriginal blood to the far south and white ^ blood. There may have even been another race involved that doesn't even exist anymore. It's no use trying to make out that they were white as old picture show they were not. They were a mixture of races that formed there own unique group. Since no one was there to document it, and they were established long before Europe found them, and regular DNA tests show they are NA they have ever right to claim to be the indigenous people.

Upvote 0

Contenders Edge

Site Supporter
May 13, 2019
Hayfork
✟167,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Can you tell me why ridding the world of depraved murders, rapist, and pedophiles is such a bad thing? To some people executing these despicable individuals is a greater crime than the ones they committed against the innocent.
https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/what-is-hybristophilia#:~:text=During Bundy's trial, women (referred,of the women he murdered.

Police: Man arrested for beating victim after find him fondling himself in front of his children

Why is she in jail?
Alabama woman pleads GUILTY to murdering her rapist | Daily Mail Online

Angry Coweta dad arrested after finding a man in his 14-year-old daughter’s bedroom

Your question could be added along with my challenge. We condemn and prosecute people for defending themselves and their families and justify and defend the wicked people who were threatening them. And we condemn Christopher Columbus for wiping out a people who may have also been wicked. It appears that the latest discoveries may very well vindicate his actions.

As for the woman who killed her rapist, granted that her jail sentence may not have been nearly as severe as it could have been, it still never should have happened and the parents who were only protecting their children never should have been arrested and charged with a crime.

But this is all but an end result of a culture that is increasingly rejecting God. Reject God and His truth and precepts are rejected along with Him and along with that, His justice standards are done away with as well.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Nevada Smith

Sep 20, 2020
Paxton
✟14,530.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And there is also DNA proof showing native Siberian DNA in NA populations as well. There is indications of Australian aboriginal blood to the far south and white ^ blood. There may have even been another race involved that doesn't even exist anymore. It's no use trying to make out that they were white as old picture show they were not. They were a mixture of races that formed there own unique group. Since no one was there to document it, and they were established long before Europe found them, and regular DNA tests show they are NA they have ever right to claim to be the indigenous people.
First a common definition of the term indigenous people.
Indigenous peoples, also referred to as First peoples, First Nations, Aboriginal peoples, Native peoples, or autochthonous peoples, are ethnic groups who are native to a particular place on Earth and live or lived in an interconnected relationship with the natural environment there for many generations prior to the arrival of non-Indigenous people
Indigenous peoples - Wikipedia

It doesn't matter what they looked like in hundred year old photos. It was the DNA that they brought with the 20,000 years ago. Compare the physical difference of the indigenous peoples of Brazil to the Cherokee. Very different looking, but they all came from the same genetic stock.

I am not arguing that they are not indigenous to the Americas. What I am say is according to what we know, using DNA, the original settlers appear to be of European ancestry. To complicate matters, they may have gotten here first, but it appears that others arrived after them but before the Vikings and Columbus.

"Dr Dennis Stanford, of the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, says that Neolithic fishermen and hunters sailed the Atlantic in tiny boats made of animal skins 18,000 years ago and colonised the eastern United States."
Stone Age sailors 'beat Columbus to America'

"An elderly member of Brazil's Surui Nation. Researchers found the Surui bear a genetic relationship to indigenous peoples of Australia and New Guinea"
Native Americans Call For Rethink of Bering Strait Theory

Bit off topic, but according to the World Bank
"There are approximately 476 million Indigenous Peoples worldwide, in over 90 countries."
Indigenous Peoples

Regardless of whether one believes in God or Darwin, mankind came from a single place and spread from there. As our scientific methods improves, we will get a very different picture of not only the American Indian, but all of mankind as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First a common definition of the term indigenous people.
Indigenous peoples, also referred to as First peoples, First Nations, Aboriginal peoples, Native peoples, or autochthonous peoples, are ethnic groups who are native to a particular place on Earth and live or lived in an interconnected relationship with the natural environment there for many generations prior to the arrival of non-Indigenous people
Indigenous peoples - Wikipedia

Which they did.

It doesn't matter what they looked like in hundred year old photos. It was the DNA that they brought with the 20,000 years ago. Compare the physical difference of the indigenous peoples of Brazil to the Cherokee. Very different looking, but they all came from the same genetic stock.

Maybe, maybe not.

I am not arguing that they are not indigenous to the Americas.

Sure sounds like it.

What I am say is according to what we know, using DNA, the original settlers appear to be of European ancestry. To complicate matters, they may have gotten here first, but it appears that others arrived after them but before the Vikings and Columbus.

That particular find had European ancestry, this does not mean the entire population from the tip to the south of the Americas did. There is plenty of evidence saying that at least one whole wave of settlers were Native Asian Siberian. Just because a wave of Eropeans also joined into the mix does not make them European, it means they were mixed. Some have sugested Africans also traded with Native Amercans and mixed in but this does not make them Africans.

"Dr Dennis Stanford, of the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, says that Neolithic fishermen and hunters sailed the Atlantic in tiny boats made of animal skins 18,000 years ago and colonised the eastern United States."
Stone Age sailors 'beat Columbus to America'

"An elderly member of Brazil's Surui Nation. Researchers found the Surui bear a genetic relationship to indigenous peoples of Australia and New Guinea"
Native Americans Call For Rethink of Bering Strait Theory

Bit off topic, but according to the World Bank
"There are approximately 476 million Indigenous Peoples worldwide, in over 90 countries."
Indigenous Peoples
https://www.worldbank.org/en/topic/indigenouspeoples

It's called being mixed. However that doesn't matter since enough time passed from the mixing to create a new people group.

Regardless of whether one believes in God or Darwin, mankind came from a single place and spread from there. As our scientific methods improves, we will get a very different picture of not only the American Indian, but all of mankind as well.

I believe God created Adam and Eve and that the nations split into distinct groups at the Tower of Babel, but ultimately we are all related into the human race.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The Cornplanter Grant in northern Pennsylvania was given to a branch of the Seneca Tribe in 1796. It was given because Cornplanter and his people stood with the Americans during the wars with other native Americans. It was supposed to have been in perpetuity. The tribe held it until 1965 when the Army Corps of Engineers took it to build the Kinzua Dam. Most of the tract is now under water.

Frankly I think that the Corps of Engineers—a worthless group of ever there was one—should be required to remove the dam, restore the land to what it was, and return the tract to the descendants of Cornplanter.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You don't think having a holiday that celebrates a guy responsible for these sorts of of things is a bad idea?
9 reasons Christopher Columbus was a murderer, tyrant, and scoundrel
8) Settlers under Columbus sold 9- and 10-year-old girls into sexual slavery
This one he admitted himself in a letter to Doña Juana de la Torre, a friend of the Spanish queen: "There are plenty of dealers who go about looking for girls; those from nine to ten are now in demand, and for all ages a good price must be paid."
tulc(is just curious)

Upvote 0

Nevada Smith

Sep 20, 2020
Paxton
✟14,530.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You don't think having a holiday that celebrates a guy responsible for these sorts of of things is a bad idea?
9 reasons Christopher Columbus was a murderer, tyrant, and scoundrel

tulc(is just curious)
As I said earlier, despite all their outrage I don't see anyone offering to pay the American Indian for the stolen land. Nor do I see anyone offering to give back the land and return to their ancestral land.

Which brings up the question, who would people pay? The descendants of those the land was taken from or the descendants of the original owners that the modern day Indians stole the land from?

• Agree
Reactions: chad kincham
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Which brings up the question, who would people pay? The descendants of those the land was taken from or the descendants of the original owners that the modern day Indians stole the land from?
Everybody forget the true owner who made it all in the first place. Me me me. A little homage wouldn't hurt and it would help put things in perspective. But of course that is why humans seek to eliminate God and are left with conflict among themselves..

Upvote 0