Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
To all of the grandmothers and grandfathers out there happy Grandparents' Day!! :D (And yes it is today lol) Anyways, I have virtual tea, coffee, sandwiches and cookies to all that want them. :) In this thread if you are a grandparent you can share your favorite thing to do with your grandchildren/grandchild, and or your favorite memory of them. If you're not a grandparent then you can share your favorite thing to do with them and or your favorite memory of them. :) (So similar rules both ways. :D)

I only have one grandmother still left the rest are with Jesus now so I'm going to talk about my Grandma and Pawpaw. :) They taught me a lot about Jesus when I was a child and they spoiled me rotten!! :p Whenever I would go over to their house to spend the night or the weekend they would let me have a whole entire bag of cookies that was either gone or nearly gone by the time my mother came to pick me up and take me home. XD (They also had a little Cocker Spaniel that was very protective of me and growled at her when she tried to do so or get close to me. Her real name was Lady but her nickname was Pitty-Pat and I think it was because of the way that her tail sounded when it was hitting up against something and she was found as a stray.)

One time my grandma went out to pickup Wendy's for lunch and left me and Pawpaw back at the apartment. There was an ice cream shop a crossed the street and Pawpaw told me that we could go get ice cream for lunch before Grandma came back and then she would never know that we were gone! However that was a BIG mistake because we threw our ice cream containers in the trash and then Grandma found them in the trashcan and Pawpaw was in HUGE trouble then! LOL

Sadly my pawpaw got cancer and passed away in 1999. (I was nine years old.) My grandma was still around long enough to go to my high school graduation and then passed away ten years after Pawpaw. (The beginning of 2009.) Although I miss them both terribly I know that there was a wonderful reunion in Heaven and I feel that they both have been watching over me ever since and I can't wait to seem them again someday and meet Jesus face to face. :) When I was a child they taught me lots of songs and here are some of my favorites. :D

Reactions: Andrewn

JesseBassett

Follower of the way, the truth, and the life....
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Inver Grove Heights, MN, USA
Visit site
✟423,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I did talk to my grandmother this morning. However I will have to call her back and wish her a very happy grandparents day. Thanks for the reminder Rose.

Reactions: April_Rose
Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
I did talk to my grandmother this morning. However I will have to call her back and wish her a very happy grandparents day. Thanks for the reminder Rose.

You're welcome and the grandparents that I was discussing were from my biological mother's side. The house that I'm currently living in was my (adoptive) mother's mother's house back when she was still living. I have a lot of memories with her too. I loved playing Playdough with her, hide and go seek, I-Spy, Chinese Checkers, and I do believe a game called Cat's Eye. She used to let me wear her sweaters in the winter when it got cold out and I would help her weed and water her garden in the nicer weather and I always helped her get the mail. I was her little helper. :)

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,007,133.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
All mine are gone now, but I do still have one funny story. My grandfather on my mother's side was a very nice man, but he had one particular bad habit. Whenever anyone asked him what he wanted for his birthday or Christmas, he'd belligerently growl " I want absolutely nothing!" I think that showed what he thought of himself. :( Anyhow, one year, it was his birthday coming up, and my aunt decided she'd be sneaky. So as a gag gift, she took an empty box of Girl Scout cookies, wrapped it up, and gave it to him, telling him it was what he always wanted for his birthday. ^_^ He took it all in good fun, but I'm pretty sure we never heard him say again for the rest of his days. :)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: April_Rose
Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
All mine are gone now, but I do still have one funny story. My grandfather on my mother's side was a very nice man, but he had one particular bad habit. Whenever anyone asked him what he wanted for his birthday or Christmas, he'd belligerently growl " I want absolutely nothing!" I think that showed what he thought of himself. :( Anyhow, one year, it was his birthday coming up, and my aunt decided she'd be sneaky. So as a gag gift, she took an empty box of Girl Scout cookies, wrapped it up, and gave it to him, telling him it was what he always wanted for his birthday. ^_^ He took it all in good fun, but I'm pretty sure we never heard him say again for the rest of his days that he wanted nothing. :)

LOL that's really funny. XD!! I also forgot to mention the fact that I used to have Grandparents' Day at my elementary school. You know the funny thing about my pawpaw is that he didn't like being wrong about anything and whenever I was right about something and he was wrong I used to rub it in his face as a child. :p I don't think any of us like being wrong though. ;) Here is also the true story that was the inspiration of My Grandfather's Clock song and my Grandma and Pawpaw had an actual grandfather's clock in their apartment so maybe that's one of the reasons that they would sing that song to me. You should check out some of the other songs I posted because I'm not sure if anybody else would know them.

Grandfather's Clock - the story behind the song

I'm pretty sure that everybody knows this song though and my pawpaw was famous for singing it on a gorgeous day like today. :D

Reactions: Andrewn
Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
I liked my grandparents. They were nice. I look forward to seeing them again in heaven some day.

Hey Michael, I don't see you around too much anymore,.. but would you like any virtual sandwiches, tea, coffee, or cookies? :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Yes, thank you. A Power Crunch triple chocolate protein bar and a diet 7 Up are quite tasty.

Well this thread actually ended yesterday but you're more than welcome to have anything that you would like. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums