Los Angeles Area
✟830,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I had seen this story before, but now it comes with the weight of a US Congressman behind it.

Egypt warned Israel days before Hamas struck, US committee chairman says

Israel was warned by Egypt of potential violence three days before Hamas' deadly cross-border raid, a US congressional panel chairman has said.
House of Representatives Foreign Affairs Committee head Michael McCaul [R-TX] told reporters of the alleged warning.

"We know that Egypt has warned the Israelis three days prior that an event like this could happen," Mr McCaul told reporters following a closed-door intelligence briefing on Wednesday for lawmakers about the Middle East crisis, according to AFP news agency.

An Egyptian intelligence official told the Associated Press news agency this week that Cairo had repeatedly warned the Israelis "something big" was being planned from Gaza.

On Wednesday, Mr Netanyahu described any suggestion that Israel had received a specific warning in advance of the deadly incursion as "totally fake news".

<Obviously this doesn't detract one iota from Hamas' crimes, but I expect it will be a big part of the conversation in Israeli politics as they evaluate Netanyahu's stance of belligerence apparently without vigilance.>

• Informative
Reactions: JosephZ
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,806.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
From the article: "According to the Financial Times, quoting two unnamed officials familiar with the matter, there was no hard intelligence of a specific attack."

And can you imagine how many indications and warnings, both real and fake, Israel must get during the course of a year?

Upvote 0

Vanellus

Sep 15, 2014
✟116,014.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I wouldn't want to send humanitarian aid into the Gaza Strip. Who's to say the helpers wouldn't just become the next batch of hostages? The terrorists of Hamas have shown that they spare neither foreigners nor humanitarian workers.
There are already foreign aid agencies in Gaza.

Upvote 0

Vanellus

Sep 15, 2014
✟116,014.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Israel has to be heavy-handed because when they're not, stuff like this happens. And you seriously think Israel wants to terrorize the civilian population? To what end? What benefit would Israel gain from that?
Ethnic cleansing
Netanyahu map

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,833.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
They haven't been taken hostage. There are western journalists reporting from Gaza who have not been taken hostage.
Probably because they're useful. They are delivering pictures of bombed pakistani children, which are useful propaganda for Hamas. And they are delivering humanitarian goods to pakistanis, which means that hamas has more money to buy weapons with.

The way I see it, every item of food or medicine sent to Gaza as humanitarian aid is as good as bullets and rocket parts, and every video of western journalists showing bombings of Gaza are as good as recruitment ads for a terrorist organisation.

Last edited:
Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,806.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
^_^ Did you actually get suckered in by that bit of fake propaganda, or are you being dishonest? Will you please provide me a link me to his actual words during that speech?

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Extra! Extra! Israel "sucks" and people can't handle it! :D

Sports reporter fired for saying Philadelphia 76ers’ pro-Israel post ‘sucks’

From the link:

A sports journalist has been fired for saying that the Philadelphia 76ers’ social media post in support of Israel “sucks”.

Jackson Frank was let go from PhillyVoice on Sunday over a post on X where he criticised the basketball team’s statement about recent events in Israel and said he stands in “solidarity” with Palestine.

No news yet on when people will learn to stop using Twitter/X to post their most controversial opinions to the world, as it seems like that particular platform is a career-ending machine!

Upvote 0

WilliamK76

“The truth shall make you free”
Oct 2, 2023
Va
✟2,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
The key is not to believe any of the propaganda being spewed out of the mouth of msm. This current state of Israel is satans grand counterfeit at the end of this age, and many Christian’s are being deceived by it. Rev.2:9

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,806.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
This current state of Israel is satans grand counterfeit at the end of this age, and many Christian’s are being deceived by it. Rev.2:9
Care to elaborate? Sounds like you have some inside info on what Satan's up to.

Upvote 0

Vanellus

Sep 15, 2014
✟116,014.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
^_^ Did you actually get suckered in by that bit of fake propaganda, or are you being dishonest? Will you please provide me a link me to his actual words during that speech?
A picture tells a thousand words. Some of Netanyahu's words are quoted in the article. "A new Middle East" with no West Bank or Gaza.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jul 12, 2010
United Kingdom
✟227,029.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Probably because they're useful. They are delivering pictures of bombed pakistani children, which are useful propaganda for Hamas. And they are delivering humanitarian goods to pakistanis, which means that hamas has more money to buy weapons with.

The way I see it, every item of food or medicine sent to Gaza as humanitarian aid is as good as bullets and rocket parts, and every video of western journalists showing bombings of Gaza are as good as recruitment ads for a terrorist organisation.
So aid workers should be killed?

Upvote 0

Vanellus

Sep 15, 2014
✟116,014.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Earlier you wrote "Who's to say the helpers wouldn't just become the next batch of hostages? " Are you rowing back on that now?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,833.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Earlier you wrote "Who's to say the helpers wouldn't just become the next batch of hostages? " Are you rowing back on that now?
I guess you're right. Hamas only makes hostages out of and kills aid workers who work outside of the Gaza strip.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,806.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I guess you're right. Hamas only makes hostages out of and kills aid workers who work outside of the Gaza strip.
It was reported today that Hamas even took two Thai workers captive. What Thailand has to do with anything is anybody's guess.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,833.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
It was reported today that Hamas even took two Thai workers captive. What Thailand has to do with anything is anybody's guess.
I think "they were there and not one of us" was all the justification they needed.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.