LONDON
✟8,314.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
And what conclusion has Mr. Happy arrived at?

You make me laugh !

Great question !

Well, for me.....we live in a satanic system (the world). Millions subscribe to it, and many suffer accordingly.

I believe God is still the guvnor - he knows full well what is going on, and what will go on.

He doesn't interfere. He does provide protection at times. He can move sovereignly. He does react to our prayers. Its a mixed bag here.

But ALL things must take their course due to the fall.

Satan's days are short - he hasn't got a free reign to do as he pleases, otherwise he would destroy everything - now.

Come Lord Jesus, come....

That's what I believe at the moment.:thumbsup:

God bless the faithful people of Haiti and all the helpers.:bow:

Upvote 0

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
God bless the faithful people of Haiti and all the helpers.
bow.gif

Amen brother. gg

Upvote 0

andreessen1992

Feb 26, 2008
✟8,101.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i am not god not do i pretend to be god, none of you are and it is a bold statement to say that you speak for him, and blasphemy if u realy havent heard from him, no many know why the earthquake happened in haiti but i am sure god is not effected by any of ur opinions on it and to have a rightious ferver is gud but b careful where that ferver is pointed :)

Upvote 0

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I think God wants us zealous for good works. Has everyone on this thread donated something to the cause in Haiti?

Tts 2:14Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Upvote 0

KingZzub

Blessed to Be A Blessing
Dec 23, 2005
Dagenham
Visit site
✟19,473.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
I am glad you are not speaking for God, Andreeseen, it would be a shock to know that God has such poor spelling and grammar. I have to concentrate to see what you are saying.

The fact is this: Jesus reveals himself in the Word. It does not take much to know what God wants and what God is like. He makes Himself clear.

Reactions: Leah
Upvote 0

KingZzub

Blessed to Be A Blessing
Dec 23, 2005
Dagenham
Visit site
✟19,473.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
I think God wants us zealous for good works. Has everyone on this thread donated something to the cause in Haiti?

Tts 2:14Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Careful, you might get a prosperity discussion going about what should we use money for!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Josephus777

Servant of the Most High
Apr 10, 2009
United States
Visit site
✟8,199.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I am glad you are not speaking for God, Andreeseen, it would be a shock to know that God has such poor spelling and grammar. I have to concentrate to see what you are saying.

Your funny :D

Upvote 0

andreessen1992

Feb 26, 2008
✟8,101.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your funny
biggrin.gif
funny mayeb but becareful putting god in a box because he spoke through moses when he studdered... makes u think doesnt it? sometimes peopel think if someone has gods word they coem in with perfection and exactly the way the receiver would like but God choses the messanger through which his word will be spoken and the message and we have no control over that

Upvote 0

Josephus777

Servant of the Most High
Apr 10, 2009
United States
Visit site
✟8,199.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I say this that the devil is God's devil he has to answer to and ask the Lord to do anything to Christians. Unless that is we violate God's law and we allow him access. But thats a horse of a different color. The thread asks was Haiti God allowing the devil to shake the earth? The Lord told me this when I inquired of Him
For thus saith the LORD of hosts; Yet once, it is a little while, and I will shake the heavens, and the earth, and the sea, and the dry land; And I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come: and I will fill this house with glory, saith the LORD of hosts. The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, saith the LORD of hosts.The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, saith the LORD of hosts: and in this place will I give peace, saith the LORD of hosts.

God ain't through shaking yet and nothing happens on this earth without His word. That word that He spoke when He said let there be light still upholds the sun, moon and stars today. I believe He is going to shake Europe Asia and then the USA very soon Beloved

Upvote 0

KingZzub

Blessed to Be A Blessing
Dec 23, 2005
Dagenham
Visit site
✟19,473.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
funny mayeb but becareful putting god in a box because he spoke through moses when he studdered... makes u think doesnt it? sometimes peopel think if someone has gods word they coem in with perfection and exactly the way the receiver would like but God choses the messanger through which his word will be spoken and the message and we have no control over that

God chooses the messenger, true.

Should the messenger prepare and is learning how to communicate part of that preparation? Yes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

united4Peace

Contributor
Jun 28, 2006
Alberta
✟26,223.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Sorry but I need to disagree as God doesn't curse someone with Aids, Cancer, MS, Dementia or any other disease because of a sin. The God I believe in does not work like that...
BTW did you know that Aids is more rampant in the female heterosexual society than the homosexual? Do you know how many babies end up with Aids, and Im sorry but I just cannot fathom God striking a baby down with Aids (the God of the OT would but not the God of the NT as Jesus gave himself for the sins of the world).
I truly believe God loves his creation and holds the hands of sinners...Im a sinner, and Im sure the majority of creation is as well.
I also believe God walks with many sinners, holding a light for them to help them find their way out of certain situations...
Humans tend to turn their backs on others who do not live up to a certain standard, however God is not human, God is God and God's love is much more power powerful than any humans.

Just to add...
God made the rainbow as a promise never to flood the world and wipe out human kind again, which is why Jesus was sent...through Jesus we are saved :)

Another option:

God often removes His hand of sustaining grace from sinful situations, or people. The whole of life - the air we breathe - is a miracle sustained by the grace of God. But when sin is present, God recedes and the Devil gets inceasing 'authority' to do as he will.

An example of this could be the AIDS epidemic, which rapidly spread through a sinful community, through sinful actions.

This perspective, does not see God as "judging" people, but rather a God who loves people, wishing they would come to repentance, a God who cannot abide sin, who wants to provide for and protect, but a God who must separate Himself from sin, leaving them to the Devil's devices.

Therefore, God is loving, but will not tolerate sin. The Devil hates people and will destroy them at the first opportunity.

I'm not saying this was the situation with Haiti. But it is a consideration when discussing a "wrathful God".

peace,
Simon

Reactions: KleinerApfel
Upvote 0

~RENEE~

Legend
Jan 21, 2005
home
✟36,026.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sorry but I need to disagree as God doesn't curse someone with Aids, Cancer, MS, Dementia or any other disease because of a sin. The God I believe in does not work like that...
BTW did you know that Aids is more rampant in the female heterosexual society than the homosexual? Do you know how many babies end up with Aids, and Im sorry but I just cannot fathom God striking a baby down with Aids (the God of the OT would but not the God of the NT as Jesus gave himself for the sins of the world).
I truly believe God loves his creation and holds the hands of sinners...Im a sinner, and Im sure the majority of creation is as well.
I also believe God walks with many sinners, holding a light for them to help them find their way out of certain situations...
Humans tend to turn their backs on others who do not live up to a certain standard, however God is not human, God is God and God's love is much more power powerful than any humans.

Just to add...
God made the rainbow as a promise never to flood the world and wipe out human kind again, which is why Jesus was sent...through Jesus we are saved :)
another example of claiming someone is saying something that they did not say at all. It would be nice if people would actually read what is written and not what they think is written.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟139,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
another example of claiming someone is saying something that they did not say at all. It would be nice if people would actually read what is written and not what they think is written.

I've read what you wrote, and I still disagree with it, and I'll tell you why.

You don't believe that God sent the earthquake, but you do seem to believe (unless I am reading your posts incorrectly, and if I am, please correct me) that the earthquake may have resulted because God's hand of protection was removed from the nation of Haiti, and He removed that protection because of their sin.

Either way, you've made the people's sin the cause for the earthquake. The implication is that if only the people of Haiti would have repented and turned to God, His hand of protection would have remained firmly in place, and the earthquake could have been prevented.

I don't believe that the people of Haiti caused God to remove His hand of protection, resulting in Satan being permitted to cause an earthquake. I believe the earthquake occurred for one reason; because we live in a fallen world where earthquakes can and do occur. I don't think the people of Haiti did ANYTHING to bring this upon themselves.

We are living in a time of the unprecedented grace of God. There is a day coming when all will face judgment, but I don't believe that day is here yet. I believe that where sin abounds, the grace of God abounds so much more. I believe that all of those things are active today.

God help those who have rejected those things when that day of judgment arrives, but that time has not arrived yet.

:cool:

Upvote 0